Which harrier do you use?
Cheers,

Stéph.

Randy92
October 4th, 2017, 23:55
Looks like the wilco Gr.3 but with a spanish navy repaint

Motormouse
October 5th, 2017, 00:19
erm, thats a mk1 (aka GR. 1 / AV. 8A), the wilco one is GR.3 / Sea Harrier FRS.1, two totally different varieties.

Ttfn

Pete

gribouil
October 5th, 2017, 01:20
Many thanks for your answers!!!
I agree with motormouse due to the pointy nose of this harrier/matador.
Cheers,

Stéph.

Motormouse
October 5th, 2017, 07:04
I should hope so, I worked on Harriers for 4 years :)

Ttfn

Pete

jagl04
October 5th, 2017, 12:04
That is the Wilco GR3, modified by one of my friends for private use. He just modified the model to retire the radome of the radar. Perhaps, with permission of Wilco, it will be possible to have this GR1/Matador model available.

rcbarend
October 5th, 2017, 12:44
Nice movie, thanks for sharing.

But don't Harriers IRL usually lineup alongside the carrier and then sideslip to the deck, instead of approaching from the rear and fly over the ramp ?

Rob

CIMOGT
October 5th, 2017, 13:28
good landing, I've never been able to handle the harrier well

Randy92
October 5th, 2017, 22:33
That is the Wilco GR3, modified by one of my friends for private use. He just modified the model to retire the radome of the radar. Perhaps, with permission of Wilco, it will be possible to have this GR1/Matador model available.

Will that Armada repaint work on the standard GR3? and if yes, would you be able to share it?

Regards,
Randy

jagl04
October 7th, 2017, 10:28
Will that Armada repaint work on the standard GR3? and if yes, would you be able to share it?

Regards,
Randy

The Armada repaint was designed for the Wilco GR3 by Antonio Díaz. You can download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-nqm-XtFFVJcHVqTmtjMFVGT28/view

Happy flights and safe landings!

jagl04
October 7th, 2017, 10:40
Nice movie, thanks for sharing.

But don't Harriers IRL usually lineup alongside the carrier and then sideslip to the deck, instead of approaching from the rear and fly over the ramp ?

Rob

Absloutely. You can see that when the sequences of the video are taken from the cockpit. But I had a problem to take external views: if your are using AI carriers (or CCP, or tacpack), you cannot record with FSX: the carrier disappears. The only option I had to record an external view of the landing was to control the plane during an external view. And doing that, it was nearly impossible (for me) to slide laterally to the deck. I only could land (controlling the plane from outside) appoaching from the rear.
Anyway, I heard once that the Marines used the rear approach at the begginning, and the Royal Navy and the Armada used the side approach, that was finally the most common. I do not know if that is true.

Randy92
October 7th, 2017, 15:38
Many Thanks!

I used to fly the old UKMIL GR1 with an Armada repaint from your Dedalo, so this will be a great upgrade!