PDA

View Full Version : Retiring from FS

StormILM
October 3rd, 2017, 22:47
Ladies and Gents,

This is not an easy post for me to make but it’s been one I have been pondering for a while now.
I have decided to retire from FS as so much has changed for me this year and my interest has waned considerably since my Father’s passing as I used to enjoy sharing this hobby with him so much. It’s been a good run since I first got into the hobby fully back in 2004 and have seen a lot of great things come about and have met a lot of great people during the course of it all. I shall remember my time here and all of the shared contributions for many years from now.

I bid you all a fond farewell.....

Anthin
October 4th, 2017, 00:27
Best wishes to you Storm. I believe you will be missed.

Take care.
Anthin.

TARPSBird
October 4th, 2017, 00:52
Best wishes and much success in all your future endeavors. :encouragement: If you ever decide to fly the friendly virtual skies again you know where to find us.

falcon409
October 4th, 2017, 02:17
Very understandable Storm. Life changes have a way of putting a simple hobby into perspective and when the desire is no longer there you find yourself forcing the issue simply because you've always done it, but no longer because you want to do it. I wish you all the best and hope you find something in your life to fill the void left by this Flight Sim thing and having someone to share it with. Happy Trails!

stovall
October 4th, 2017, 05:38
Sorry to see you go Storm. Remember we are always here if you need to communicate with friends. You never know when the Flight Sim bug will bit you again. Take Care!!!

blanston12
October 4th, 2017, 07:08
I'm also sorry to see you go but know the real world can change priorities and make us loose interest in our virtual world. I lost interest in it for a good number of years but eventually found my way back. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Cees Donker
October 4th, 2017, 08:07
All the best Storm!

:wavey:

Cees

Roger
October 4th, 2017, 08:08
Sorry to see you go but we'll be here if you need us.

Milton Shupe
October 4th, 2017, 08:40
Best wishes Storm, and best of luck as you go forward. Life is good; focus forward.

Stinger
October 4th, 2017, 09:17
May you find Fair Winds & Following Seas Storm
You’ll be missed
<salute>

txnetcop
October 4th, 2017, 18:14
Understandable Storm...fair skies Amigo! We are standing on the precipice of some great flight simming to come. If you change your mind we are here.
Ted

Sundog
October 4th, 2017, 18:57
The only constant in life is change. Go find what you need now and, I hope whatever it is, you find it fulfilling.

Take care of yourself.

rvn817j
October 5th, 2017, 06:41
Your contributions will be missed. Good luck to you.

DaveKDEN
October 5th, 2017, 07:04
Enjoy your post FS life. I'm very close to the same decision (for a different reason). My 25" Samsung monitor gave out last week (I'm using an old low res Dell 20" monitor now), and my tired old computer that's been updated numerous times just isn't up to the (FSX) task anymore. As such, I'm strongly considering going over to the "dark side" of Apple. I've been looking at a 27" iMac as compared to high end Windows computers (either desktop or all-in-ones), and there's a lot of bang for you buck in the iMac. While FSX has kept up fairly well over the years, I just haven't been very interested in using it over the past couple of years. Also, I really don't want to go through the process of transferring everything to a new machine. As such, I'd keep my current computer (as long as it still works) in a desk nook we have upstairs, but switch over the iMac for my main machine in my study. However, since I'm such a cheap b-stard, it might be another month or so before the final decision is made. Who knows, maybe I'll start all over again with - dare I say it - X-Plane.

WarHorse47
October 5th, 2017, 07:20
Hey Storm. Sorry to see you go. All the best to you.

Duckie
October 5th, 2017, 07:34
Best wishes to you, Storm, with your new direction.

narah
October 5th, 2017, 10:55
Hi Storm, i am close to the same decision. Starting with fs5, fs2000, fly! and Flight Unlimited we have seen the entire developement of pc flightsim. We dont know each other personally but i was always interested in your posts. Good luck and all the best. But what i have experienced, it s hard to be without sim.
best regards
thomas

txnetcop
October 5th, 2017, 17:21
Enjoy your post FS life. I'm very close to the same decision (for a different reason). My 25" Samsung monitor gave out last week (I'm using an old low res Dell 20" monitor now), and my tired old computer that's been updated numerous times just isn't up to the (FSX) task anymore. As such, I'm strongly considering going over to the "dark side" of Apple. I've been looking at a 27" iMac as compared to high end Windows computers (either desktop or all-in-ones), and there's a lot of bang for you buck in the iMac. While FSX has kept up fairly well over the years, I just haven't been very interested in using it over the past couple of years. Also, I really don't want to go through the process of transferring everything to a new machine. As such, I'd keep my current computer (as long as it still works) in a desk nook we have upstairs, but switch over the iMac for my main machine in my study. However, since I'm such a cheap b-stard, it might be another month or so before the final decision is made. Who knows, maybe I'll start all over again with - dare I say it - X-Plane.

X-Plane 10 and 11 work just fine on a iMAC. X-plane 11 is a whole new world! ...and yes I still fly FSX because I have some Orbx scenery.
Ted

scotth6
October 6th, 2017, 06:25
All the best with whichever direction you take from here Storm. There is so much more to life than our hobby, but you will no doubt be missed on these forums regardless. Don't be a stranger altogether.

Cheers,

Scott

huub vink
October 6th, 2017, 06:56
Storm you will always remain welcome here. :encouragement:

See you,
Huub

PhantomP
October 6th, 2017, 07:29
Good luck with your future endeavors,you will be missed here on SOH forum.:untroubled: Pete S

StormILM
October 6th, 2017, 12:08
Thank you everyone for the warm well wishes. I promise I won't close the door but in time (and a PC upgrade), I may come back but over to the P3Dv4 64bit side of the fence. Also less mentioned, ever since I got involved on the development side of the fence, the demands of that more or less sapped the enjoyment I used to get out of this. Not knocking the guys I worked with, on the contrary, I have respect like I never had before for all who turn the digital wrenches behind the scenes. It's a tough business and despite a few glitches and issues here and there, they work very hard to give us this unique hobby and I beg to everyone who ever has an issue with a given product to take that into account. Us guys who have worked on both sides of the fence on this hobby/endeavor would go out of our way to help solve any problems.

Again, you guys are all wonderful, that may indeed help bring me back into things once I have had some time to work on other things and decompress from a hell of a year it's been. Thumbs up and Salute!