PDA

View Full Version : QW 787 released

Naruto-kun
October 2nd, 2017, 09:58
http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=qw787

Stickshaker
October 2nd, 2017, 12:15
Thanks, Naruto-kun, a pleasant surprise!

Javis
October 3rd, 2017, 00:46
What remarkable contradiction between the extraordinairy gracious and joyful looking external of the 787 and its equally extraordinairy dreary and gloomy looking cockpit... What happend to the pleasantly inviting tan and light brownish colors of its predecessors ?.... Sign of the times ?.....

Haste to say modelwise both external and internal looks to be of top class !

Stickshaker
October 3rd, 2017, 07:34
Remarkable contradiction between us, Jan! I like the grey cockpit much better than the old brown ones! Tastes differ; I suppose I am a minority.
I got the chance to briefly fly in the KLM 787 simulator last year. Hope Quality Wings has the HUD right; it was a great help.

Javis
October 3rd, 2017, 16:57
Remarkable contradiction between us, Jan! I like the grey cockpit much better than the old brown ones! Tastes differ; I suppose I am a minority.

Dunno bout that, Hans, not a fan of that reddish/brown 747 cockpit myself but i do very much like those light tan Boeing offices. Virtually very well done by Captainsim, PMDG and even QW IIRC. Checking photos of the real 787 pit it looks like it's setup with atleast 4 different shades of grey ( not 50, mind you..) from almost white to very dark grey of the yoke. Might be that the QW VC screenies turned out too dark or something.

I got the chance to briefly fly in the KLM 787 simulator last year. Hope Quality Wings has the HUD right; it was a great help.

Looks pretty good on the screenies, doesn't it ? Got a glimpse of the 787 simulator on the tube. Looks great! ( dunno but doesn't 'our' scenery look much better compared to what is rendered outside of this 787 sim ?.. )

I really do love the looks of the 787. Far from a fan of glass cockpits though but i might just buy it because of its looks ( QW model looks good too! ) I see i have to wait for the P3Dv4 version..

Groeten,
Jan

jeansy
October 4th, 2017, 05:39
sticky?

considering people have been waiting 4yrs for this release

Alan_A
October 4th, 2017, 09:04
What remarkable contradiction between the extraordinairy gracious and joyful looking external of the 787 and its equally extraordinairy dreary and gloomy looking cockpit... What happend to the pleasantly inviting tan and light brownish colors of its predecessors ?.... Sign of the times ?.....

Just speculating here, but I'm wondering if the dark gray wasn't chosen to set off the big glass displays. They'd stand out better against a dark background.

Or maybe the designers just had a thing for industrial/modern - granite countertops, lots of chrome, stuff like that...

Stickshaker
October 4th, 2017, 11:25
Yes, Jan, I noticed in the 787 simulator that we FSX/P3D simmers are blessed with our sceneries… I, too, am waiting for the P3Dv4 version.

Javis
October 4th, 2017, 12:39
Just speculating here, but I'm wondering if the dark gray wasn't chosen to set off the big glass displays. They'd stand out better against a dark background.

Or maybe the designers just had a thing for industrial/modern - granite countertops, lots of chrome, stuff like that...

Hi Alan,

Sure, yeah, must be something like that. My first reaction upon seeing the screenies of the VC was that, by mistake, they put up VC sceenshots of their next project, a B2 or other modern two crew militairy jet, even C-130 or Spartan.. (i know QW don't do militaity ac, just saying..;-) In any case, other than all other Boeing pits it looks rather militairy to me. The QW 787 VC that is, the real 787 pit looks much less dark and gloomy...

I was actually waiting for its release. It stands out quite significantly between all 'old' Boeings and Airbuses coming over my house each day now on its way to Schiphol 180C. AirFrance-KLM has 25 787's on order. Just recently KLM got its 10th 787 delivered at Schiphol. Will be interesting to get to know a little bit more about this, in my aviation-hobby-book, most gracious and beautifully shaped Boeing jetliner ( next to the 757 perhaps..) . I really don't get why some of these guys at the Avsim thread about the 787 release call it fugly.... I must be missing something... :rolleyes:

cheers,
jan

Alan_A
October 4th, 2017, 14:23
Agree completely - it's a beautiful airplane. Really stands out in a world of look-alike 737s, A320s and their bigger stick-two-engines-on-a-nondescript-fuselage bretheren.

Loved the 757.

Looks like we may have a long-ish wait for the P3D version - QW posted on Facebook that their priority is to get the FSX version settled. Smart move, but hard to live with.

Guess I'll have to keep myself occupied in the meantime, maybe fly something with props... :cool:

EDIT: you're right that the QW VC is significantly darker than the real thing. Maybe designed with P3D lighting in mind? That's probably too much optimism on my part. But I can hope.

Mach3DS
October 4th, 2017, 15:59
Yes, and displays are too over saturated as well. I've worked on the 787 for the past 8 years. But it is very well done here by QW. Waiting for P3Dv4 version as well. Only Tubeliner I'll be flying.