PDA

View Full Version : Not aviation but.

Daveroo
September 27th, 2017, 15:27
Joe Bailon passed away on 9-25-2017,he suffered a stroke on Saturday the 23rd,and passed Monday morning.he created the color "Candy Apple Red"..he used a base of gold and then red,with a clear coat tinted with red.i knew mr bailon for many years personally,he was a childhood freind of the wife of the neighbor across the street from the house i grew up in.he even loaned her and her husband a car to drive to sacramento cal in to get married,bert then went off to war as an engine mechanic on B-24s of the 5th airforce,his plane he was crew on had been on the Polesti raid.Joe taught abunch of us kids how to paint our car models candy colors using airbrushes.we,as kids had no idea who he even was,he just saw us working and helped,,mike knew him but none of us did.and after he started a car show in Auburn ca,i got the oppertunity to drive the boyd coddington car,cadzilla,,i was to move it around the grounds,but he said i could take it for a short ride,so i did.drove the red coupe that ZZ top owns as well,,i think cadzilla is theres too..or one of the band members anyway.got to see world famous cars like the herohita merc and others all free of charge and got to see them cruising the streets...was damned awesome.