PDA

View Full Version : Has anyione seen this before??

warchild
September 26th, 2017, 11:03
I dont know what happened.. I deleted an old fsx directory that wasnt supposed to have been being used and I get this.. after reaming fsx.cfg in two seperate dirctories ( one in documents ) I still get this. I uninstalled fsx and reinstalled and this is the result. I'm baffled.. I'm hoping someone can help me out.. Thanks in advance..
Pam

https://i.imgur.com/EOod2l6.jpg

Blackbird686
September 26th, 2017, 11:16
Okee... My best guess is that there is, or isn't a specific key in the registry that is causing the problem, so... I would un-install FSX completely, re-start your machine, then do a clean-up on the registry with a tool like CCleaner. Just a recommendation, there are ALOT of excellent registry tools out there for Windows OS. Then, re-install FSX and have another go. I have FSX installed outside of the OS, in it's own location on the HD and it works just fine, but install as you see fit. Hope that does it for you.

BB686:US-flag:

warchild
September 26th, 2017, 11:53
Hope so too Blackbird.. Thanks.. :)

ncooper
September 26th, 2017, 12:03
Hello,
probably you only need to delete the shaders and let FSX rebuild them.

warchild
September 26th, 2017, 13:10
followed blackbirds suggestion. deleted fsx, removed all instances of old installs, cleaned the registry and am reinstalling.. if this doent work ncooper, i'll definately give your idea a try

AussieMan
September 26th, 2017, 14:08
Maybe it is trying to tell you that it is time to upgrade to P3D :a1089:.

warchild
September 26th, 2017, 14:14
Maybe it is trying to tell you that it is time to upgrade to P3D :a1089:.

::LOL:: Thanks Pat. I needed a chuckle.. I simply canot afford 120 dollars a year for fifteen year old technology ( ESP ). Also, I develop for fsx so i need it running.. valid suggestion though.. I was actually one of the first people to use P3D back when we were all arguing about licenses.. Now it's like, give me XP-11 and Flight sim world.. they hands down beat anything thats otherwise currently available..

warchild
September 26th, 2017, 14:15
OK, so where are the shaders located??

Daube
September 26th, 2017, 14:24
The shaders are in c:\users\your name\appdata\local\microsoft\fsx\shaders.

warchild
September 26th, 2017, 14:44
awesome Daube. thankyou

warchild
September 26th, 2017, 16:43
i dont know if it was the shaders, or the corrupted REX textures on demand files, but deleting the one, and uninstalling the other seems to have worked.. Thank you Gentlemen.. your help is greatly appreciated..

ncooper
September 27th, 2017, 00:02
Hello,
it will have been the shaders, for anyone else with the same problem in the future.
It is not an uncommon problem and can also cause the spinning aircraft window to
be black.

PHo17
September 27th, 2017, 01:42
One supplement question. I havn't had any problems with shaders. However for any such case do I delete all shader folders or just the files inside?

Daube
September 27th, 2017, 03:40
Just the files inside ;)

mal998
September 27th, 2017, 10:00
Looks like a missing airfile.

ncooper
September 27th, 2017, 10:15
It's already fixed by deleting the shaders.