PDA

View Full Version : The Folks Bitching About Toyota "Cheating"...

Panther_99FS
September 23rd, 2017, 02:58
I guess they forgot about all the years of Chevy dominance....

Terry
September 23rd, 2017, 03:38
I guess they forgot about all the years of Chevy dominance....

There is no such thing as cheating in racing, just creative insight.

Roxane-21
September 23rd, 2017, 05:23
There is no such thing as cheating in racing, just creative insight.
Back in 2007, Michael Waltrip Racing was caught using aviation fuel. THIS was actual cheating.

Panther_99FS
September 23rd, 2017, 06:02
Back in 2007, Michael Waltrip Racing was caught using aviation fuel. THIS was actual cheating.

Wasn't a mechanical or aero cheat (which is what folks are complaining about)

gman5250
September 23rd, 2017, 06:48
My older son Jayson was a team manager for Team Green, with two consecutive National Championships in Indy Lights on his resume'.

We discussed, on many occasions, the "creative" tactics they utilized to outwit the other teams. All were legal, but the gray areas allow for innovative thinking.

It's racing....:untroubled:

LouP
September 23rd, 2017, 07:36
This all sounds too familiar being from New England lol.

LouP

Daveroo
September 23rd, 2017, 10:18
i used to use 100 octane av-gas in my hobby stock,then we would add a bottle of rubbing alcohol to it,said this was to stop condensation in the tank while not racing during the week.i was always fast,set more track records then anyone else in the division won a boat load of trophy dash's and a chitload of heats,i didnt do quite as well in the A mains as starting at the rear of a 30 car field for a 15 lap race,on a tight 1/4 mile,which was measured at the outside wall,wasnt an easy task,the guy who won the championship several years in a row,was always qualifying at the back of the slow heat,which put him in the middle of the pack for the A main.he truly sand bagged.

EasyEd
September 23rd, 2017, 17:07
Hey All, 8

I have zero doubt the toys have an advantage.

I've no idea if it is engine or chassis but I believe it is chassis. I think the toys are easier to setup and balance. They get into the corner better and they more than anything else drive off better.

I don't know why this is so but it is clear to me the current France is NOT a Chevy man like all the Frances of the past. Yes I admit Chevy always seemed to have a small bit of an edge and I'm a dodge mopar guy.

But what does baffle me is - what happened to the fords? Last year they were right with the toys but not so much this year. How could they lose it so fast? With respect to the chevys only the 42 an sometimes the 24 seemed to be truly competitive.

Who knows what will happen in the next 12 races- remember Jimmie won number 7 not passing a single car on the track and only leading one lap at homestead. We shall see...

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
September 23rd, 2017, 18:55
Can't stack the rules against Toyota each year but continue to take their money as participants....
And....like them or hate them....fans have to accept that Toyota will probably win a Cup championship at some point....

Panther_99FS
September 23rd, 2017, 20:10
Hey All, 8

I have zero doubt the toys have an advantage.

I've no idea if it is engine or chassis but I believe it is chassis. I think the toys are easier to setup and balance. They get into the corner better and they more than anything else drive off better.

I don't know why this is so but it is clear to me the current France is NOT a Chevy man like all the Frances of the past. Yes I admit Chevy always seemed to have a small bit of an edge and I'm a dodge mopar guy.

But what does baffle me is - what happened to the fords? Last year they were right with the toys but not so much this year. How could they lose it so fast? With respect to the chevys only the 42 an sometimes the 24 seemed to be truly competitive.

Who knows what will happen in the next 12 races- remember Jimmie won number 7 not passing a single car on the track and only leading one lap at homestead. We shall see...

-Ed-

I'm not sure what you want EasyEd (unless you totally want Toyota out of the top 10) - Here are the current standings:
1) Toyota
2) Chevy
3) Ford
4) Ford
5) Toyota
6) Toyota
7) Chevy
8) Chevy
9) Toyota
10) Ford
https://www.nascar.com/standings/monster-energy-nascar-cup-series

stansdds
September 24th, 2017, 03:17
But if you look at the manufacturer points, Chevrolet is in the lead, Ford is second, Toyota is third. If Toyota is cheating, they must be doing it wrong.

Roxane-21
September 24th, 2017, 06:41
fans have to accept that Toyota will probably win a Cup championship at some point....
They already did in 2015.

Toyota didn't win a single championship between 2007 (their debuts) and 2014, nobody complained. But since they are now able to win everybody says they are cheating.

You guys are boring.

Panther_99FS
September 24th, 2017, 08:12
You guys are boring.

Why do you keep replying then instead of ignoring the thread?

Panther_99FS
September 24th, 2017, 08:13
But if you look at the manufacturer points, Chevrolet is in the lead, Ford is second, Toyota is third. If Toyota is cheating, they must be doing it wrong.

Yes!!!!......

Roxane-21
September 24th, 2017, 09:50
Why do you keep replying then instead of ignoring the thread?
Oh, I was not replying to you personnally, since I quite agree with what you wrote. 'You guys' was referring to NASCAR fans as a generality. I should have been less lazy and have written "NASCAR fans are boring". Sorry for that. :very_drunk:

And I keep writing on several forums that guys who are always complaining about Toyota teams "cheating" are boring, just because I still hope they will one day realize how boring they are and this should lead them to become less boring. I might be too optimistic though. :biggrin-new:

b52bob
September 24th, 2017, 15:11
Kyle quashed them all today. Infer what you want.