PDA

View Full Version : RealAir Scout DME question... where is it?

cavaricooper
September 20th, 2017, 15:11
I have read the manual and scoured the aircraft- no joy. There is reference to a DME being available, and there is a DME speaker button on the ACP... but try as I might, I cannot locate a DME readout in the RealAir Scout. When scudrunning in the PNW it sometimes is very useful to have a radial and DME for positional information, and I would appreciate any pointer that would locate this for me... with Dimus' Locher on the horizon I have been practicing short field and obstructed approaches in this aeroplane, and the lack of a DME is my sole negative. After all these years, it's still a superlative airplane in Prepar3D v4.

Ta!

C

thefrog
September 21st, 2017, 05:10
Although you can configure the avionics in the Realair American Champion aircraft, I'm almost certain there is no DME, so not sure where you would have seen reference to it.

cavaricooper
September 21st, 2017, 06:09
Several of the a/c have an HSI option, and the Audio Control Panel includes a DME speaker selector button.... I "assumed" that it would accompany a DME (I know what they say about assuming...).

Best- C

dhasdell
September 21st, 2017, 08:52
I may be wrong, and I don't have the aircraft installed at present so I can't check, but I don't think the panel configurator works in P3d. This might be why you can't use the DME.

cavaricooper
September 21st, 2017, 14:42
I am able to select vacuum gauges on or off, HSI or not... but just no DME...

Best- C