PDA

View Full Version : RAF Hawkinge

ian elliot
September 19th, 2017, 09:39
With it being Battle of Britian day last week, flying my JF Hurricane and watching Christopher Nolans Dunkirk twice, i figure'd i needed a BOB airfield, maybe you'd like one too :adoration:

RAF Hawkinge for FSX acc-sp2 by Gary Burns and Ian Elliot

RAF Fighter airfield on the Kent coast, 26 miles from the French coast and very active during the Battle of Britian. Also home to air-sea rescue units throuht the war.

Original scenery by Gary Burns for FS9. With Gary's permission, ive swapped some objects, added and moved some parking and attempted to make it fit better with LC and flattens into the FSX world. i remember having a lot of fun with Garys scenery in FS9 and CFS2, and thought i'd try and see if it worked in FSX, I only have a stock install im afraid so i dont know how this works with any third party mesh or terrain. Some of the objects are his also, including the very nice Belfast-truss General Service Sheds.

Thanks Gary.

If you've jusy installed my Matching scenery then you probably have all objects you need already installed, if
not, then you need to visit IanP's site and grab yourself his librarys---

http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/ye-olde-all-in-one-scenerie-downloade-filess/

Gary also included a traffic file that ive adapted for FSX and included in this release.
For Hurricane Ai, look for "acg_ai_pack1_fsx.zip" by John Young, found at Flightsim

In the library now-- cheers ian

MDIvey
September 19th, 2017, 11:03
Thanks Ian... I enjoyed using this scenery for FS9 too so thank you for updating it. Where can it be downloaded please?

Matt

ian elliot
September 19th, 2017, 11:20
Just checked, in the library now :wavey:

gary20
September 19th, 2017, 18:36
Nice job Ian.

huub vink
September 20th, 2017, 01:26
Thanks Ian, I still fly from Hawkinge a lot in my FS9 Golden Wings install. Great Scenery form Gary, I'm glad that it available for FSX now as well.

Cheers,
Huub

IanP
September 20th, 2017, 07:14
Thanks Ian, I still fly from Hawkinge a lot in my FS9 Golden Wings install. Great Scenery form Gary, I'm glad that it available for FSX now as well.

Cheers,
Huub

Ian P hits download and strikes Hawkinge off the epic list of unstarted airfields... Been after this place for a while, thanks! :applause:

Still got Kenley and Tangmere on the table as far as Hurricane stations go and keep eyeballing Gravesend on GE. ;)

Ian P.

ian elliot
September 20th, 2017, 09:05
Still got Kenley and Tangmere on the table as far as Hurricane stations go and keep eyeballing Gravesend on GE. ;)

Gary did a version of Croyden which i'll have a look at when i have time, I feel Biggen needs the treatment too, but i cant decided on WW2 or post war, i have a half finnish'd BH somewhere with Hunter AI, For one of the most famous airfields in the UK, the layout is rather difficult to pin down, considering applying to the RAF Museum at Hendon for an official site plan.

cheers ian

MDIvey
September 20th, 2017, 09:10
Thanks Again Ian...sits nicely in amongst ORBX England landscape

Matt

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54091&stc=1

ian elliot
September 20th, 2017, 09:20
That looks really good Matt, i dont have Orbex myself so i have no way of knowing if it works, :wavey: thanks for the screenie, may invest myself :adoration:

cheers ian

PS, i had to do a bit of Land Class work on Hawkinge, the area today is heavy with Housing estate's and light industrial units, which was reflected in the MS stock LC, i had to get it back to fields and woods. Like the way Ordex seems to ruralize the area.

MDIvey
September 20th, 2017, 12:09
Not sure to what extent it's your landclass or ORBX at work but it works great for me. Looking south there is a lot of modern road detail added by ORBX global vector that obviously would not have been there in 1940 but the overall effect is pretty good.

Matt

IanP
September 20th, 2017, 12:54
I've got a partial Croydon done, but never got around to modelling the terminal or hangars properly, because there was no real reason for me to do so... If you want my ADE file to give you a base to work from, you're welcome to it!

Biggin Hill is awkward, because it's always been such a mixture of construction. It's never been an entirely military aerodrome and never been entirely a civilian one, so you need to find a lot of source material, some of which simply won't be available. You can either guess, or just put something there and hope nobody notices. Having said that, though, same applies to Croydon... ;)

Ian P.