PDA

View Full Version : Scenery Question

T Square
September 15th, 2017, 16:03
I downloaded a file called "Czech GA Airfields Revival 2017" It contains 73 airport files, for example "FSX-P3D LKBA" within the folder, it contains the usual "scenery" & "texture" folders but also has a separate file called "simobjects.xmo" my question is what is the .xmo file & where does it go ? The readme files don't mention it at all.

PhantomTweak
September 15th, 2017, 21:55
I believe, although I may be wrong, that you should have a "master" folder, which contains the scenery, and texture folders, and the other file. I think, although seldom, that you add the "master" folder to your Scenery Library. You can unzip it to anywhere you like, as long as FSX can "see" the path to it. Most folks add things like that to their Add-on Scenery folder, but you don't have to.
Say you have a folder titled Czech GA Airfields, with the scenery and texture folders inside, along with the .xmo file. You would add Czech GA Airfields to your Scenery Library as is. Don't move the files to anywhere else.

Does this help at all?
Pat☺

falcon409
September 15th, 2017, 23:26
I downloaded a file called "Czech GA Airfields Revival 2017" It contains 73 airport files, for example "FSX-P3D LKBA" within the folder, it contains the usual "scenery" & "texture" folders but also has a separate file called "simobjects.xmo" my question is what is the .xmo file & where does it go ? The readme files don't mention it at all.
Since it isn't mentioned and isn't in the "scenery" folder, I would say it's probably an extraneous file related to the placement of the scenery objects for the project. Not mentioned. . .only way to be sure is to activate the scenery as is in your scenery library. . .if everything shows as it should . .then that single file was not needed. If it is needed and the developer failed to alert you to it. . . .bad, bad boy! I've personally never seen a scenery file with that extension, if it were me, I'd see how the scenery loads, if it appears ok. . .that file would go in the recycle bin.

falcon409
September 15th, 2017, 23:44
Just for grins, I changed the "xmo" to "xml". . . .

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Objects Version="1"><!-- VersionRequired Folder="Misc\FlightPort_SimObjects" MinVersion="21"></VersionRequired -->
<Windsock Name="LKSU WS"><PositionData><Latitude Value="49.963315992"/><Longitude Value="17.018658734"/><AltitudeFeet Value="1102"/></PositionData><VisibilityDistance Value="4"/><!-- Use default Speeds <Object Name="Flightport Windsock 2500mm 4m Low" WindSpeed="0"/> <Object Name="Flightport Windsock 2500mm 4m Medium" WindSpeed="3"/> <Object Name="Flightport Windsock 2500mm 4m High" WindSpeed="14"/> -->
</Windsock><Standard Name="LKSU Mast rot weiss"><ObjectName Value="Flightport Mast rot weiss"/><PositionData><Latitude Value="49.963315992"/><Longitude Value="17.018658734"/><AltitudeFeet Value="1084"/></PositionData><VisibilityDistance Value="4"/><Conditions> </Conditions></Standard><Windsock Name="LKMI WS"><PositionData><Latitude Value="50.3008072"/><Longitude Value="17.2931306"/><AltitudeFeet Value="1378"/></PositionData><VisibilityDistance Value="4"/><!-- Use default Speeds <Object Name="Flightport Windsock 2500mm 4m Low" WindSpeed="0"/> <Object Name="Flightport Windsock 2500mm 4m Medium" WindSpeed="3"/> <Object Name="Flightport Windsock 2500mm 4m High" WindSpeed="14"/> -->
</Windsock><Standard Name="LKMI Mast rot weiss"><ObjectName Value="Flightport Mast rot weiss"/><PositionData><Latitude Value="50.3008072"/><Longitude Value="17.2931306"/><AltitudeFeet Value="1360"/></PositionData><VisibilityDistance Value="4"/><Conditions> </Conditions></Standard><LandingT Name="LKSU Landing T"><PositionData><Latitude Value="49.963316591"/><Longitude Value="17.018511883"/></PositionData><ObjectName Value="Flightport Lande T yellow"/><MainDirection Value="3"/></LandingT><LandingT Name="LKMI Landing T"><PositionData><Latitude Value="50.2998786"/><Longitude Value="17.2907233"/></PositionData><ObjectName Value="Flightport Lande T yellow"/><MainDirection Value="38"/></LandingT></Objects>

I would say it isn't important to the final scenery, possibly a working xml file that got left behind, otherwise I think it would have been mentioned.

warchild
September 16th, 2017, 00:17
an XMO file is an adobe "authorware Movie Driver" file.. Apparently, the scenery makes calls to this file to drive something within the scenery, but i've never seen anything like this used before.. From Ed's post above, it appears to be driving the animation for the windsock and mast..

falcon409
September 16th, 2017, 04:34
an XMO file is an adobe "authorware Movie Driver" file.. Apparently, the scenery makes calls to this file to drive something within the scenery, but I've never seen anything like this used before.. From Ed's post above, it appears to be driving the animation for the windsock and mast..
Interesting Pam. . .where would the file need to be placed?

roger-wilco-66
September 16th, 2017, 06:29
Was SODE (SimObject Display Engine) installed with this or another scenery?

T Square
September 16th, 2017, 07:57
SODE (SimObject Display Engine) not installed that I know of. No Knowledge of "SODE".

Bjoern
September 16th, 2017, 12:19
SODE: https://sode.12bpilot.ch/

The mysterious xml file could be used by it.

ncooper
September 16th, 2017, 15:15
If you download the scenery from here (http://www.flightsim.cz/fsitem.php?act=exe&id=813) that file is not included,
so there is no need to speculate what it might be.