PDA

View Full Version : Paint Kit Request

falcon409
September 10th, 2017, 14:35
Anyone who has the payware Cri-Cri and has a way of converting the layered PK files from PSD to PSP, please reply. I use PSP8 (and only that program) and it will not load the supplied PSD files due to unsupported formatting (namely, a function PSD layered files have called "Groups"). Paint Shop Pro does not recognize this and will not open a PSD file that uses that function. Thanks in advance.

AckAck
September 10th, 2017, 17:38
I don't have the aircraft in question, but...in the past, I've found that GIMP ( a freeware editor) will open grouped PSD files and automatically ungroup them (it doesn't allow grouping either). Then, just resave the PSD file, and PSP will open them.

jeansy
September 10th, 2017, 18:01
DownloD the freeware program gimp

Open each file in gimp and then convert them to psp

That will give you all the layers

Willy
September 10th, 2017, 18:15
Ed, I don't have the Cri Cri, but I've been able to open most any .psd file and save it as a .psp (although I save most as .pdn for my own use). I use Paint.net with it's PhotoShop and Paint Shop Pro plugins.

falcon409
September 10th, 2017, 19:20
I don't have the aircraft in question, but...in the past, I've found that GIMP ( a freeware editor) will open grouped PSD files and automatically ungroup them (it doesn't allow grouping either). Then, just resave the PSD file, and PSP will open them.
Perfect!! I never considered simply saving as a PSD again. . .I was trying to save as a PSP which is not available. Thanks!