PDA

View Full Version : Porsche and F1

wombat666
September 5th, 2017, 20:35
Be interesting but nothing is set in stone.
I've high lighted the pertinent sections to (hopefully) show how rumors start.
A bean counter is saying Porsche are 'thinking' about entering F1 as an engine supplier four years down the road.
Thinking about it.
Considering their last disastrous foray with a N/A V12 and Footwork-Arrows I'm sure the 'thinking' will need to be long and hard.
Interesting as well is the comment that the LMP1 programme "does not get sufficient return for investment", aside from LM it hardly generated much interest, and I'm a life long Porsche enthusiast!!!
:encouragement:

Q)Porsche is seriously considering returning to Formula 1 as an engine supplier under the proposed 2021 regulations, says its finance chief.

Lutz Meschke, deputy chairman of Porsche's executive board and member of the board for finances and IT, met with Ross Brawn and other F1 chiefs at the Italian Grand Prix.

Porsche will end its LMP1 programme at the end of 2017, having decided it does not get sufficient return for investment equivalent to an F1 budget.

It has committed to entering Formula E with a works-backed team from the 2019-20 season, but it has also sent representatives to the series of recent meetings about the 2021 F1 engine regulations.

It has been encouraged by F1's moves towards cheaper and simpler technology.

"F1 could be one of the right places," Meschke told Autosport.

"As you know Formula E is very important for us now, and F1 is always a good topic to think about.

"And I think we are in quite good discussions regarding the new engine."(Q

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/795x530q90/922/3xhx8J.jpg

The car wasn't that bad and the team didn't lack for finances, but joining two essentially TaG v6 blocks together was just plain stupid!