PDA

View Full Version : Jean Todt = Total Stupidity!

wombat666
September 4th, 2017, 23:12
Formula One could use the Halo in the same way yellow jersey is in the Tour de France when it is introduced for the 2018 F1 season, FIA president Jean Todt has suggested.

The yellow jersey is used in the French cycle race to signify which rider is the overall leader. Todt responded positively to a suggestion that a coloured Halo could be used to indicate which driver is leading the world championship.“I’ve heard an idea I like: we should give the championship leader a halo in a special color,” said Todt to Auto Motor und Sport.

However Todt indicated the idea may not be possible as some teams are already making arrangements to sell advertising space on the new safety structure.
Todt also responded to criticism from some drivers about the decision to introduce Halo next year. “That is why we need responsible people who lead the sport,” he said.

“I am only interested if something happens and before we could have done something to prevent it,” he added.
He claimed the idea had been received more positively in other championships.
“When I announced that we have the Halo for Formula E in the 2018-2019 season, there was no criticism,” said Todt. “Also with the introduction of the 2018 Formula Two car with Halo I have heard no negative comments. This shows that people get used to it.”

This sums the idea up perfectly!
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/860x483q90/924/1cEQpm.png

huub vink
September 4th, 2017, 23:37
Nice idea, there could be several colours, like there are multiple coloured jersey is the Tour de France.
A green one for the fastest qualifier, red for the one which has made the least racing laps, etc. :biggrin-new:

Jean Todt is clearly an example that a good team manager isn't automatically a good manager in another position.

Cheers,
Huub

Ferry_vO
September 5th, 2017, 00:19
I would prefer a solution like the Indycars use, with an LED display that shows position in the race be can also be used to display pit times.

wombat666
September 5th, 2017, 03:37
I'd really prefer no 'Halo'..........:adoration:

jamminjames
September 5th, 2017, 13:01
I'd really prefer no 'Halo'..........:adoration:I'm with you . Man that really is a silly idea and it ruins the look of the car completely. What's next curb feelers?

Panther_99FS
September 5th, 2017, 19:47
I would prefer a solution like the Indycars use, with an LED display that shows position in the race be can also be used to display pit times.
Yep - this is pretty "cool"....