PDA

View Full Version : A thrift store "find" today....

Navy Chief
September 2nd, 2017, 16:40
My wife and I frequently donate to a local thrift store, and also look for good buys there as well. Today I bought a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick for $4. Great shape. I didn't actually need another joystick, but I figured (what the heck) I would keep it as a back up. I hooked it up in place of my Saitek X52 joystick, and to tell you the truth, the Logitech handles better, in my opinion! I will do some more testing with it, but I am impressed! I will still use the Saitek X52 throttle and pedals though. And my X52 as a backup.

Still keep looking for a Logitech wheel and pedals, used, but they are just too expensive! I am hoping that someday, while I am still able to sit in front of a computer, that VR headsets will be affordable. Still too costly. NC

Flyboy208
September 2nd, 2017, 16:56
Good find , I had one for about 6 years or so. Never let me down until I moved out west an forgot to pack it ! Mike :wavey:

falcon409
September 2nd, 2017, 17:21
A good solid joystick and I've had two so far. . .and if the one I have now goes out before I quit simming, I'll search far and wide to find another.

Portia911
September 2nd, 2017, 19:43
A good solid joystick and I've had two so far. . .and if the one I have now goes out before I quit simming, I'll search far and wide to find another.

Exactly the same for me - these are just great value for money, especially if you can get one for 4 bucks!

Anthin
September 2nd, 2017, 21:10
Same here.I've had it for seven years.
Still going strong.I also have a brand new spare put by.

Lucky find Navy Chief.

Anthin.:applause:

blanston12
September 2nd, 2017, 21:47
Great find. I still use my old Logitech joystick all the time while the CH yoke and X-56 spend there time in the closet.

Bjoern
September 3rd, 2017, 12:53
It's the stick resistance of the old Logitech that makes it better, isn't it?

I really considered getting an X52, but the reports about the mushy spring (and other quality issues) turned me off. Went for the comparatively more simple (and stiffer) T16000M and haven't regretted it.

fallenphoenix1986
September 3rd, 2017, 14:04
They really don't make them like that anymore, been using the same Logitech Wingman Extreme for about 20 years now... not only does it still work perfectly but I've never even had to perform any basic maintenance on it.

Navy Chief
September 3rd, 2017, 15:37
Yep, I can testify to the "mushy spring" on a X52. The resistance in the Logitech is a nice change. Am still using my X52 Throttle though. I do like have a separate throttle and pedals. Am experiencing a problem with my Saitek pedal brakes grabbing. Have had the problem before and since I haven't simmed much in a while, I forget how to fix the problem! NC

It's the stick resistance of the old Logitech that makes it better, isn't it?

I really considered getting an X52, but the reports about the mushy spring (and other quality issues) turned me off. Went for the comparatively more simple (and stiffer) T16000M and haven't regretted it.