PDA

View Full Version : Houston Relief!!

Inductotherm
September 2nd, 2017, 05:54
http://vintageflyingmuseum.org/on-display/douglas-c-47-skytrain/

Next weekend the C-47 will be flying relief supplies from FT Worth to Houston several times bringing donated supplies to Houston for Hurricane relief. My Friend is the head of maint for the aircraft. I have been invited to fly along and help with the effort! Hopefully it will all work out and we will get some great pics and Vids of the adventure! Once again an old warbird doing what it was intended to do!

Bomber_12th
September 2nd, 2017, 06:03
The CAF's C-47 "Blue Bonnet Belle" from the Highland Lakes Squadron is also flying water and dry goods into Beaumont, TX. They are hoping for some donations to help cover the cost of the fuel. http://www.highlandlakessquadron.com/

roger-wilco-66
September 2nd, 2017, 07:12
Amazing effort! They really have my admiration for that. That's the kind of spirit I like.
Looking forward for some vids or photos.

Cheers,
Mark

IFlySWA
September 2nd, 2017, 09:59
Bless 'em all. :encouragement:

Brian

Rami
September 2nd, 2017, 10:16
Good afternoon,

One of the most inspiring stories for me is the army of just average men and women who got their boats on trailers, jumped in their pickups, and just headed down, knowing what had to be done. No press conference, no fanfare, no publicity hounding. THAT is America at its finest. :US-flag:

Victory103
September 2nd, 2017, 19:27
Group of local rotary teams got a GoFundme going to cover costs. I've looked into joining the Highland Lakes and who knows, maybe an eventual check out in the C-47. Amazing effort from all.

stansdds
September 3rd, 2017, 03:50
People helping people, that's what works best! :applause:

Inductotherm
September 8th, 2017, 18:32
Just got the call. takeoff at 930am in the morning! will be posting pics tomorrow night!

PhantomTweak
September 8th, 2017, 22:32
Just wait! Houston was bad enough, no question, but wait and see what Irma is going to do to Florida! THEY are going to need some real relief there. Bet on it. I've got a friend from my Marine days that lives there, and he's hunkering down for Irma. I sure hope he's going to be OK!

Pat☺

Inductotherm
September 10th, 2017, 05:43
Well it was a long day but so much fun. We loaded the aircraft and headed out for Rockport. flight was about 2 hours at 2500ft. The damage down there was unbelievable. Once we got unloaded and headed back I got to get left seat and fly the aircraft for a while on the way back. Really an eye opener. I have a few pics and video ill be uploading for everyone.

There was an old hanger down at Rockport that was built with cinder blocks that pilots parked there cars in when they evacuated out with there aircraft. That hanger is completely destroyed with the roof on the ground. All there cars and equipment are under whats left of the roof.