PDA

View Full Version : Freeware MV-22B in P3D_V4?

falcon409
August 29th, 2017, 18:32
Rather than post this in the current thread and have it get lost, I thought I would make it a separate thread. Will the MV-22B be updated to function in P3D_V4. . .and if so. . .when? I have the Virtavia Osprey, but stretching it to work in V4 was a lost cause (even with Rob's assistance).

kalong
August 30th, 2017, 00:06
the answer is YES.
actually it work since a week after P3D v4 release. just didn't see how many will need updated in v4

other than that I made update on VC for v2.0. (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/104919-new-MV-22B-Osprey-is-released/page22)
if referring to v1.0 functionality (same), v2.0 can be release in 1-2 month, but if it need add more functionality. i.e camera. I need to learn PDK and code it, cause FSX camera doesn't work in P3D V4, it will need more time.

falcon409
August 30th, 2017, 06:09
the answer is YES.
actually it work since a week after P3D v4 release. just didn't see how many will need updated in v4

other than that I made update on VC for v2.0. (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/104919-new-MV-22B-Osprey-is-released/page22)
if referring to v1.0 functionality (same), v2.0 can be release in 1-2 month, but if it need add more functionality. i.e camera. I need to learn PDK and code it, cause FSX camera doesn't work in P3D V4, it will need more time.
Ok, I downloaded V1 and installed. Going through the views (not Camera views, just default views) I came to $FLIR which caused a CTD. I can probably eliminate that view from the sequence and not have that problem again.

I don't use camera views in any of my aircraft, most times I delete them completely, it's not anything I need or want. As for any hoist options, again, not anything that interests me. I fly aircraft that I enjoy flying and the VTOL function of the Osprey is enjoyable so I would only use it to fly from point "A" to point "B". Also not a big "systems" enthusiast. Normal checks during flight (fuel, MP, RPM and such), but beyond that it's unwanted baggage.

I wasn't able to get to an engine start, so I'll mod a few things to keep from crashing the sim and try again.

expat
August 30th, 2017, 06:47
I don't use camera views in any of my aircraft, most times I delete them completely, it's not anything I need or want. As for any hoist options, again, not anything that interests me.

As with most things, I'm with you there Ed. Interested to hear if your mods make v.1 flyable in V4.

falcon409
August 30th, 2017, 07:09
As with most things, I'm with you there Ed. Interested to hear if your mods make v.1 flyable in V4.
Thanks, interesting that the developer mentions that it was working in V4 right after V4 was released by Lockheed, but then adds that version 2 might actually be the one that is V4 compatible and it won't be released for several more months. Not sure how to read his information.

kalong
August 30th, 2017, 07:23
sorry, my English wasn't good. V1.0 aren't work in v4

edit: v1.0 release before P3D v4 release
after I get copy P3D v4 (a week after release) and make change the code for x64 architecture. tested in my system working fine. 2-3 month ago I sent beta test for gauge only to beta tester and till now there no feedback. I can't force them cause no paid doing such test. because of no feedback that hold me to release update compatibility for v4

wiekniera
August 30th, 2017, 07:39
sorry, my English wasn't good. V1.0 aren't work in v4

your english is apik2 ae om :biggrin-new:

kalong
August 30th, 2017, 07:49
your english is apik2 ae om :biggrin-new:

busyet ... ono koncone to

Roger
August 30th, 2017, 11:36
Kalong you've made a great model and I'm sure we're happy to wait for V2 for P3Dv4. However if you need qualified beta testers I'm sure there are many here with P3Dv4 who would be more than happy to help.

Regards,

Roger.

kalong
October 10th, 2017, 06:17
Hi

Me and Rob, updating VTOL stuff.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/107694-P3Dv4-RAZBAM-Wilco-Harrier-VTOL-Any-solutions-in-sight

note:
this update for VTOL only. whole Osprey still work in progress.