PDA

View Full Version : Matching airfield for Maraudering

ian elliot
August 28th, 2017, 09:52
Once you have Milton and team's Marauder in your hangar, you'll need somewhere to fly it from,

Matching USAAF st161 ( RAF Matching Green ) for FSX-Acc

Home of 391BG Marauders of the 9th USAAF from January to September 1944

You will need objects by IanP found here---

http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/flight-sim/scenery-object-libraries/

Download and install all three by Ian, Ted and Bill, as ive used objects from all.

Ive also included a basic traffic file using John Youngs FSX Martin Marauder AI, found at Avsim, look for jyai_b26_fsx_1.zip.
Please bear in mind that the AI B26's are in the wrong unit markings for Matching, the aircraft represent the 323BG out of Earls Clone,
and were originally made for Brian Clarks EC scenery for FS9, which i try'd to get working in FSX without much luck, figured it would
be easyer to make up an airfield fresh. If anyone wants to have a go at repainting the 26's in 391BG markings, that would be great.

enjoy, cheers ian

Butcherbird17
August 28th, 2017, 15:25
Ian,

If you have any info on what squadrons were based there, I could knock up some paints for the AI B-26.
I've been looking for something to get me back in the paintshop after 8 months of nothing FS related and
this could be the project to do it. Atleast till they release PvP for Ghost Recon Wildlands.

Joe

ian elliot
August 28th, 2017, 22:14
a quick look through my reference books mention's 572nd, 573rd, 574th, and 575th Bomb squadrons, a yellow or white triangle on the tail seems to be a standard feature on B26's with these units, and looking through Miltons Marauder thread, it looks like Duckie has already done a repaint for one of these units,

thanks ian :wavey:

http://www.wartime-airfields.com/usaaf-station-161-matching-green.html

huub vink
August 29th, 2017, 13:22
Ian, thanks for this one, but I'm afraid this triggered a bold request I would like to make.

Currently Milton as working on a FSX native version of the DB7 Boston/A-20 Havoc. The UK stationed Havocs could be found at Wethersfield
http://www.416th.com/wethersfield.html

I already did a few repaint depicting aircraft based at Wethersfield. Perhaps you could make a suitable home for them....................
I don't know whether it is possible to use the old Alphasim Boston as static scenery, but if possible I am available to make a suitable skin for them

Cheers,
Huub

"Joker" from 647th BS, 410th BG, 9th AF, USAAF. The repaint shows the aircraft as it looked during summer 1944, when it was stationed at Wethersfield UK.

http://i.imgur.com/6FsgKPx.jpg

IanP
August 29th, 2017, 14:12
I've got Little Walden on the board already (409th BG (Light)) and almost done. There's very little that I have, unfortunately, regarding their insignia and markings. The advantage of that particular group is that they flew both the A-20 and B-26 ;)

There's still a sort of backwater plan in my head to create a "RAF Sutton Craddock" as well, but that's not even really been thought through yet, let alone an appropriate bit of Yorkshire identified to put it on.

Ian P.

Duckie
August 29th, 2017, 15:26
...it looks like Duckie has already done a repaint for one of these units,

thanks ian

Hi Ion, looking forward to someplace to park my B-26s! Just as an FYI, the 2 England based Marauders I'm working on are 494th and 495th BS, 344th BG, both based at Stansted, Essex.

I already did a few repaint depicting aircraft based at Wethersfield...

"Joker" from 647th BS, 410th BG, 9th AF, USAAF. The repaint shows the aircraft as it looked during summer 1944, when it was stationed at Wethersfield UK.

Huub, very nice job on the A-20, especially that "broken in" look! Look forward to seeing the others.

Butcherbird17
August 29th, 2017, 17:35
Here is the first one, not complete as there should be invasion stripes on top of wings. There is a mapping issue
with the model on one side that warps the stripes, so for now I will leave them off. I still need to do some research
on serials and squadron codes for the 391st BS. This one depicts an aircraft from the 575th.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/08/30/efe2101b-f5f2-4cce-a6a4-d6223b78286c.thumb_31.jpg

Joe

Duckie
August 29th, 2017, 18:40
That's a good looking paint job and AI, Joe. That one would look pretty cool to have a couple boxes to formate on. :encouragement:

ian elliot
August 30th, 2017, 09:52
Looking great Joe, really grateful for your work :wavey:

Ian, thanks for this one, but I'm afraid this triggered a bold request I would like to make.

Cant promise anything at the moment Huub, im just finishing off another airfield, then im swapping out a Hard drive and reinstalling everything fresh, then im visiting Italy for most of Sept, A long term plan was a 1950's Weatherfield, updating an old FS9 i did years ago, for my Milvis F100, but i could start the construction work with a WW11 version, but it'll be the end of Oct before we see anything,

cheers ian

IanP
August 30th, 2017, 10:20
Just for the record, Stansted is a no-go for WW2. It's too full of Ryanairs and Easyjets in peoples' AI files.

Ian P.

ian elliot
August 30th, 2017, 10:31
Just for the record, Stansted is a no-go for WW2. It's too full of Ryanairs and Easyjets in peoples' AI files.

True enough :biggrin-new:, its irritatingly close to Matching and Little Walden, been trying to do some kind of an exclude, but my FSX kept freezing up, i may rework its ADE file just to get rid of the objects. Not a great fan of Stansted, their Automated Biometric passport checking machine's took a dislike to me and would'nt let me back into my own country last year, losing Stansted would give me a certain amount of satisfaction :biggrin-new:

IanP
August 30th, 2017, 12:42
Maybe all the WW2 scenery designers should get and work together to try and create AI traffic for all the airfields we've created, so we can sack off the airliners forever? ;)

I'm trying to get Little Walden finished, but will install your Matching as soon as I can!

Ian P.

Butcherbird17
August 30th, 2017, 16:48
Ian,
I found a site with serials and codes for the 572th, 573th, 574th and 575th. I am going to do a mixture of OD/grey and metal finish
a/c for a total of 10 for each squadron. 40 AI should bring the field to life. They will be generic unless I can find suitable profiles for
specific a/c. (nose art)

Joe

ian elliot
August 30th, 2017, 21:49
40, wow, great work Joe, i only added 25 parking slots so i'll have to fire up ADEX and add a few more, :wavey:

cheers ian

IanP
August 31st, 2017, 00:35
Sorry to drag this off topic again, but Stansted... It turns out that I have an ARP for it in Delve's "Northern Home Counties" book... I may be able to scan that in and overlay it on the modern airport in ADE to place bits. Want me to blow away the low-cost carriers and put down the basic layout, as a test?

BTW, Little Walden had 54 parking spots at last count... :D - It's also... Well, yeah. The "B-26" aircraft based there might have been A-26s, which got re-designated at B-26s after WW2, then apparently back to A-26s because the Thais refused to base Bombers, but were happy to have Attack aircraft. At some point, they were apparently called A/B-26s, just to annoy me. But it looks like it wasn't a B-26 base after all, so I might have to do Stansted in protest.

Cheers,

Ian P.

ian elliot
August 31st, 2017, 09:43
Go for it Ian, more the merrier :wavey:

Duckie
August 31st, 2017, 09:46
Hi Ian,

I just downloaded Matching and the readme says to download "Download and install all three by Ian, Ted and Bill..." On the site, Ted has 6 libraries plus a texture library used for all 6. Is it necessary to download all 6 of Ted's libraries?

Steve

Apologies for initially misspelling your name! :dizzy: :stupid:

ian elliot
August 31st, 2017, 10:21
I just downloaded Matching and the readme says to download "Download and install all three by Ian, Ted and Bill..." On the site, Ted has 6 libraries plus a texture library used for all 6. Is it necessary to download all 6 of Ted's libraries?

I would say yes to that Steve, these objects are pretty much used in all of Ian's and my own scenery's including most of my cold war airfields in other parts of the world, once installed you should'nt have to worry about installing anything else.

A tip, ive made a folder titled Teds Objects containing another 2 folders, scenery and texture. all the bgl's go in the scenery folder and texture's in the texture folder. Move into Addon scenery and activate through scenery library and make sure its lower down the list of any scenery.

hope this helps, ian :wavey:

ian elliot
August 31st, 2017, 10:25
This is a revised ADE file, increasing the parking from 25 to 50. back-up original then unzip and move into Matching-scenery folder----

cheers ian

Duckie
August 31st, 2017, 10:36
I would say yes to that Steve, these objects are pretty much used in all of Ian's and my own scenery's including most of my cold war airfields in other parts of the world, once installed you should'nt have to worry about installing anything else.

A tip, ive made a folder titled Teds Objects containing another 2 folders, scenery and texture. all the bgl's go in the scenery folder and texture's in the texture folder. Move into Addon scenery and activate through scenery library and make sure its lower down the list of any scenery.

hope this helps, ian :wavey:

Thanks for the quick reply, Ian, and will do. :encouragement:

IanP
August 31st, 2017, 13:22
Grab the "All-in-One" scenery library file (http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/ye-olde-all-in-one-scenerie-downloade-filess/) - everything is in there in a nice little folder structure already. :)

Cheers,

Ian P.

Duckie
August 31st, 2017, 13:29
Grab the "All-in-One" scenery library file (http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/ye-olde-all-in-one-scenerie-downloade-filess/) - everything is in there in a nice little folder structure already. :)

Cheers,

Ian P.

Got 'em, Ian. Thanks for the H/U.

Steve

Butcherbird17
September 2nd, 2017, 12:46
Here are a few pics of the first 10 a/c from the 575th. All a/c wear the proper serial code, but the squadron codes were lacking so I
had to take some liberties, just a few are wearing the proper codes. Only Fifinella has nose art applied as I could not find any for the
rest. All these a/c should be wearing full invasion markings but the way the wings are mapped it staggers across the front and will
not line up. So without bugging John Young about maybe fixing the issue I will leave them off.
It also looks like I will only do 30 a/c as the site i found in my research that list the 4 squadrons it only has 3 a/c listed for the 572nd.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/09/03/2017-9-2_16-2-11-855.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/09/03/2017-9-2_16-3-39-770.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/09/03/2017-9-2_16-5-27-722.jpg

Joe

Duckie
September 2nd, 2017, 15:27
Joe, those look great! Thanks.

ian elliot
September 2nd, 2017, 15:51
Those look fantastic, thanks so much, but i think your missing some scenery objects, you've got Teds and Bills librarys installed but i think your missing Ian's objects, check to see if you have a "IJP FSX Library" in Addon-scenery and activated. cheers ian :wavey:

Butcherbird17
September 2nd, 2017, 18:08
Thanks guy's. Yes I have Ian's objects installed but it might be an older version. I've downloaded the
latest version just have not installed it yet.

Joe

Butcherbird17
September 3rd, 2017, 07:52
I have a question for you guy's. I spent a couple hours last night and this mourning trying to get the invasion stripes
on the front of the wings to line up. I finally gave up and decided to add di-ice boots to the leading edge of the wing.
Being that most of the paints I am doing wore the stripes and knowing that the Marauder did not have boots installed.
Should I.......

1. Leave them off.
2. Leave them on. (see first pic for the way the top half bleeds on the bottom of wing and is staggered, also on 2nd pic w/Di-Ice)
3. Add the Di-Ice boot just to the wings to cover it up.

I like the look with the boots added and full invasion stripes, but want to know what you think I should do.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/09/04/2017-9-3_11-19-26-58.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/09/04/2017-9-3_11-20-30-98.jpg

Joe

ian elliot
September 3rd, 2017, 09:46
Stripes and boot, option 3, i think they look really good and you'd have to get real close to notice :wavey:

BendyFlyer
September 4th, 2017, 01:30
Once you have Milton and team's Marauder in your hangar, you'll need somewhere to fly it from,.

Great scenery work!. Tongue in cheek - what about Tampa Florida? - They used to say the Marauder was so difficult to learn to fly, handle properly and the high training accident rate, that they used to say, "One a day in Tampa Bay".

Butcherbird17
September 4th, 2017, 18:52
I finished the 30 and need to convert to 1024x texture for smaller download. Ian can you assign the parking in ADE to keep the
squadrons together? If you can just use the squadron number 573, 574 and 575 as I have them assigned in the cfg that way.
Maybe someone could do flightplans for them, as mine are just a copy/paste job just so I could see them in sim.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/09/05/2017-9-4_22-20-5-911.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/09/05/2017-9-4_22-21-13-654.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/09/05/2017-9-4_22-22-9-151.jpg

Joe

Butcherbird17
September 6th, 2017, 12:26
Just uploaded the textures. Still need some flightplans for them as the one I used was just a cobbled together to see them in sim.
If anyone want's that file just PM me or post in this thread and I'll send it to you as I did not include it in the upload. Hopefully
someone with more experience with creating flightplans will do a set for these.
I did get a PM from Ian and he will be updating the ADE file to have the squadrons parked together, so be on the look out for that.

Joe

IanP
September 9th, 2017, 06:02
Is this where I should really annoy Ian and say that I'm in the process of adding more objects to my Nissen libraries, at least some of which will be directly applicable to Matching Green? ;)

Ian P.

Butcherbird17
September 9th, 2017, 08:53
Is this where I should really annoy Ian and say that I'm in the process of adding more objects to my Nissen libraries, at least some of which will be directly applicable to Matching Green? ;)

Ian P.

I don't know if Ian would be annoyed but I say yes to adding more to the scenery. But that will have to wait until he gets back from
holiday. I wonder if Mark (roger-wilco-66) would mine if we use some of his vehicles from his Solomon scenery to populate the base.

Joe

IanP
September 9th, 2017, 12:07
I don't know if Ian would be annoyed but I say yes to adding more to the scenery. But that will have to wait until he gets back from
holiday. I wonder if Mark (roger-wilco-66) would mine if we use some of his vehicles from his Solomon scenery to populate the base.

Joe

I've currently added a Crew Locker & Drying Room combo, a Nissen Guardroom & Fire Party Hut and am trying to work on some Armoury buildings. Oh, and a temporary brick dinghy hut.

I thought Ian had populated it with Larry Green's USAAF vehicles?

Ian P.

Butcherbird17
September 9th, 2017, 17:47
I've currently added a Crew Locker & Drying Room combo, a Nissen Guardroom & Fire Party Hut and am trying to work on some Armoury buildings. Oh, and a temporary brick dinghy hut.

I thought Ian had populated it with Larry Green's USAAF vehicles?

Ian P.

That's a nice selection of buildings. Should really make the base come alive. If he added Larry's vehicles I'm not seeing them.
He did send me an updated ADE file for the parking and that he will be releasing that when he gets back home.
Looking forward to your updates.

Joe

ian elliot
September 18th, 2017, 09:53
Im back and ive been playing with Joe's new texture's, looking fantastic Joe :ernaehrung004:

Ive ask'd Rami to delete the old version from the library, when thats done, i'll upload a V2 with new traffic file for 30 B26's and the updated ADE file included, I'll let you know when its uploaded, probably in a new thread.

And if your reading this Ian, you make all the buildings you want, i can use them :biggrin-new:

PS, should have something else for you guys tomorrow, different airfield, different era :encouragement:

PPS, if your not seeing vehicle's, ( not sure why not ) then try installing Hobbs USAAF Base by Tako_Kichi found in the FSX scenery section (page 8) of the SOH library, make sure its lower down in the scenery list.

ian elliot
September 18th, 2017, 14:39
Rami's hot tonight :biggrin-new:

Its up, here's the new read-me---

Matching USAAF st166 V2 ( RAF Matching Green ) for FSX-Acc 18/9/17

Home of 391BG Marauders of the 9th USAAF from January to September 1944

This is a revised version with more parking and new traffic file for the 391st BG repints by Butcherbird17 for
John Youngs B26 Marauder AI

If you have my first effort installed,released August 28th, probably best if you deactivate from scenery library and delete and install this new version fresh

You'll still need the AI B26, "jyai_b26_fsx_1.zip." found over at Avsim
But also the repaints, look for "B-26_391st BG_AI.zip" by Butcherbird17 in the Category FSX Scenery Objects
in the SOH Library

You will need objects from IanP site found here---

http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/ye-olde-all-in-one-scenerie-downloade-filess/
look for the All-in-One Library link at the bottom of page

ive placed some jeeps and trucks in the scenery but if they are not showing, download and install
Hobbs USAAF Base by Tako_Kichi found in the FSX scenery section (page 8) of the SOH library,

A really big thanks to Joe "Butcherbird17" for the repaints and Ian for the objects

Butcherbird17
September 18th, 2017, 15:31
Thanks Ian. I'm working on a couple repaints for Milton's B-26 that flew from here. That would be Fifinella and the Countess II
both of which I painted for the AI. Off to d/l the new version.

Joe

IanP
September 19th, 2017, 06:21
I said I'd annoy Ian when I updated my libraries, didn't I? :D

I haven't uploaded them yet, but am now up to the point of creating flatten pollies (braark!) around Raydon-Completely-Redone after placing the last lump of Earth that I'll be doing for a while.

From memory, the buildings that I've created/modified since my last library upload are:

- Shooting-In Butts 3632/43
- Additional 23-Bay T2 hangar to 3054/36 dimensions (it appears that there are about six "standard" sets of dimensions for T2 hangars...)
- Gas Chamber (for testing respirator fit & function)
- Gas Chamber & Practice Bomb Store
- Corrected height of Floodlight Tender Shed (it was way too tall)
- Open Incendiary Store Type C
- 30' Nissen Crew Locker & Drying Rooms
- 30' Nissen Maintenance Block
- Operations Block & Annexes 4891/42 + Station Offices
- 24' Nissen Picket Post
- Radar Workshop
- Dinghy Store 2901/43
- 24' Nissen Armoury Section
- 24' Nissen Guardhouse & Fire Party
- 4-bay MT Shed

I've probably missed some and one or two may actually have been in the previous library update, but about 10 of those will probably apply to Matching Green... Sorry! :mixed-smiley-027:

Depending on how hard it turns out to be to merge Raydon into the landscape, hopefully that - and the library updates - will be available in a couple of days.

Ian P.

ian elliot
September 19th, 2017, 09:43
No probs ian, can always post an update if there's something i like, keep em coming :applause: