PDA

View Full Version : FSXBA Hornet (ver. 17.30)

xpelekis
August 27th, 2017, 08:05
Just check this out !...

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg117011

http://i.imgur.com/rHFdzGcl.png

http://i.imgur.com/eM4m5CJl.png

http://i.imgur.com/FRXFVjql.png

NEW LIVERIES :

http://i.imgur.com/raMlMZel.png

Daube
August 27th, 2017, 08:30
Wow it looks quite good !
I had tried one of the previous versions but there was too much things missing at that time, it was a bit too soon to enjoy the plane, but it was also easy to guess this was going to become something impressive.
They are also converting it to P3Dv4 soon, that's good news.

MDIvey
August 27th, 2017, 09:08
Thanks for HU. Previous versions where good I thought but this looks like a significant step forward.

Matt

Bjoern
August 27th, 2017, 10:37
Cool! The stores manager is a much needed addition.

And the missing station load weights sound like a quick XMLTools fix.

BrittMac
August 27th, 2017, 10:51
I'm about to fire up FSX just to load this Hornet up. I spoke with Jimi a while back and was tremendously impressed with this project and what he and the others have learned and completed.
May just jump on TS and see if the guys are flying too. Been a while since I got in the Sim.

Agg
August 27th, 2017, 13:14
I'm guessing this doesn't work with P3D v4 - it installed just fine, but I was able to fly it backwards, so I'm guessing something doesn't work with v4 here :P

heywooood
August 27th, 2017, 15:32
should this news be stickified..? I got it and it is excellent..I only like the legacy Hornet so this is a win !

stovall
August 27th, 2017, 15:33
Interesting, I have installed in P3D v4 but didn't notice any flying backwards. Love the Afterburners. Using the gauge restorer in the thread with the download seemed to work quite well also. I am continuing to test but so far it flies very well in P3D v4 for me. I have made several traps on carriers as well. Flying backwards? Hope you get that sorted out.

dmaloof
August 27th, 2017, 20:32
Seems to hang while doing installation. is this for OS 64 bit or 32 bit windows OS? It just hangs at the last line -no restart?

PhantomTweak
August 27th, 2017, 21:53
It only SEEMS to hang at that step. It LOOKS like it's stopped, and/or locked up. But it's not. Just let it go. Go get a cuppa, step outside for a few, have a ham-n-cheese sammich, whatever. Just leave it alone. It will finish, I promise. It can appear stopped for up to 15 or 20 min, but then it finishes up.
This is a well known issue with the auto-installer. It's the Microsoft MSI that installs the required VC Redistributable library. Again, just leave it alone till it's done. If you DL the MSI seperately, and try to install, the exact same thing happens. It looks locked, but it's still working.
Trust me, I used to work for the government... :biggrin-new:
Pat☺

greenie
August 27th, 2017, 22:45
I wonder if this is/will be available anywhere else ? Google downloads have never worked for me - I just get sent around a loop and back to where I started from . I am logged in

Ganter
August 28th, 2017, 00:13
It only SEEMS to hang at that step. It LOOKS like it's stopped, and/or locked up. But it's not. Just let it go. Go get a cuppa, step outside for a few, have a ham-n-cheese sammich, whatever. Just leave it alone. It will finish, I promise. It can appear stopped for up to 15 or 20 min, but then it finishes up.
This is a well known issue with the auto-installer. It's the Microsoft MSI that installs the required VC Redistributable library. Again, just leave it alone till it's done. If you DL the MSI seperately, and try to install, the exact same thing happens. It looks locked, but it's still working.
Trust me, I used to work for the government... :biggrin-new:
Pat☺

Would I uninstall the old one before installing this one Pat - or just install over it?

Dangerous Beans
August 28th, 2017, 04:47
Interesting, I have installed in P3D v4 but didn't notice any flying backwards. Love the Afterburners. Using the gauge restorer in the thread with the download seemed to work quite well also. I am continuing to test but so far it flies very well in P3D v4 for me. I have made several traps on carriers as well. Flying backwards? Hope you get that sorted out.

I tried it in V4 and I get FSC Fail in red across the middle of the HUD and the FMC's don't work
The FMC's is understandably as its calling for the default acceleration Hornets gauge file FA-18.dll which is 32 bit.
Its also using dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau but thats fixable now ther'es a 64 bit version available
and I assume that HornetFCS.dll is also 32 bit, there is a file called HornetFCS64.dll in the panel folder that's not used but editing the panel config to use that instead of HornetFCS.dll didn't fix the FSC Fail warning.

Victory103
August 28th, 2017, 08:40
Would I uninstall the old one before installing this one Pat - or just install over it?

Recommend removing the previous model completely. As the 2 seater is tied to the older version, I would just remove as well.

Ganter
August 28th, 2017, 08:46
Recommend removing the previous model completely. As the 2 seater is tied to the older version, I would just remove as well.

Cheers. Wilco. :encouragement:

-----

Later that day...

Got it all installed. Lovely aircraft and love the changes.

Can anyone provide a quick HU for this? I got it with the old one as well. I'm running Steve's DX10 Fixer and have converted effects after the install.

Black squares around the exhaust smoke. She seem excessively smokey as well.

I'll post over on Steve's Avsim support thread but maybe somebody here has already fixed this.

Cheers guys.

https://s20.postimg.org/ip4p00n19/2017-8-28_18-36-16-688.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/ktp213ont/)

Manschy
August 28th, 2017, 10:14

Sorry to ask, I just wonder how to reinstall because I can't find a reinstaller. Thank's for help because this bird is a biggie....

PhantomTweak
August 28th, 2017, 11:01
The old one which? The plane or the VC Redist?
Actually, either one, just install right over whatever "old one" you mean. I never uninstalled the old redist when installing a new version, and never had any trouble. Same for the plane.
HOWEVER: If you have the v16.1 version of the plane, and install the new one, you will have a small problem with duplicate plane names. IE: A number of the variations in the v16.1 are duplicated. I just make a small change to two lines in the new version, thus:

[fltsim.9]
title=FA-18C - NASA Test Plane 852 17.1.30
sim=FA-18_17.1
model=Tactical
panel=Fleet
sound=
texture=NASA_TestPlane_852
kb_checklists=boeing_FA18_check
kb_reference=boeing_FA18_ref
atc_id=NASA 852
atc_airline=Navy
atc_flight_number=002
atc_parking_types=MIL_COMBAT
atc_parking_codes=F18
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="F/A-18C Hornet"
ui_variation="NASA Test Plane 852 17.1.30 "
ui_typerole="Twin Engine Jet"
ui_createdby="FSX Blue Angels"
description="The Hornet combines the ruggedness required of carrier-borne
aircraft with speed and superior agility, especially at high angles of attack.
Its powerful engines, canted vertical stabilizers, horizontal stabilators, large
leading- and trailing-edge flaps, and sophisticated flight control system all
contribute to a level of performance that makes the Hornet a versatile front-
line fighter in several air forces around the world."

Notice the added phrase 17.1.30 on the lines title= and variation=
It takes a bit of copy-n-pasting, but I like to keep some older versions around for various reasons, so it's well worth it.
Also, if you choose to keep the old plane installed to compare with, this method will let you know at a glance which one is which, new or old.

The FMC's is understandably as its calling for the default acceleration Hornets gauge file FA-18.dll which is 32 bit.
P3d doesn't come with the FA-18.dll. You need to copy it from an FSX installation to the ...\P3D\Gauges folder.
I am pretty sure the HornetFCS64 is included for P3D v4 installations, but I may well be wrong. I'll check with Jimi and Orion (who wrote it anyway).

Enjoy all, I sure am!
Pat☺

Bjoern
August 28th, 2017, 12:07
What's the download size for the new package, by the way? I'm on a metered connection here.

An can one of the mods maybe edit dmaloof's post?
My index finger cramped up trying to scroll past it and the information displayed doesn't contain any indication of a problem anyway.

Roger
August 28th, 2017, 12:11
What's the download size for the new package, by the way? I'm on a metered connection here.

An can one of the mods maybe edit dmaloof's post?
My index finger cramped up trying to scroll past it and the information displayed doesn't contain any indication of a problem anyway.

Post edited.

Montie
August 28th, 2017, 12:46

The size is 697MB.

Bjoern
August 28th, 2017, 12:55
Post edited.

Thank you!

The size is 697MB.

YIKES! My daily allotment is 500 MB.

A split into a base pack and a livery collection would be nice, but I guess you can't have everything.

Essex
August 28th, 2017, 13:18
YIKES! My daily allotment is 500 MB.

A split into a base pack and a livery collection would be nice, but I guess you can't have everything.

It may be possible to pause and resume.

Bjoern
August 28th, 2017, 14:11
It may be possible to pause and resume.

The 500 MB are my personal daily "soft" limit, not a hard one set by my provider. I could, in fact, use up all my 15 gigs in a single day, but then I'd be stuck with 1 MBit capped speed (instead of 42 mbit) for the remainder of the month. Absolutely acceptable in 2003, but not 2017 with all the 4k images and HD videos (which I have to avoid like the plague at the moment) across the web.

jagl04
August 29th, 2017, 05:00
Installed and working fine in FSX, and with Spanish Air Force textures, which is the only one missing operator in the package.
Its is great to be able to arm and select weapons in the screen.
Magnificent job!!!!!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53375&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53376&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53377&stc=1

Wings of Gold
August 29th, 2017, 11:00
Can anyone please tell me where I can locate the manual for this bird.

Bill

speedy70
August 29th, 2017, 11:32
It is in the aircraft file under extras.

Cheers Chris

jagl04
August 29th, 2017, 11:37
Can anyone please tell me where I can locate the manual for this bird.

Bill

Youn can find it in the folder "Extras". There are no instructions tu use weapons, but it is easy: Cap 7 to select the payload. Use the upper left button in any of the screens of the cockpit to select the weapons screen. The button to arm you bird is on your left, together with ground and air buttons. Click one of them and your will see the weapons (air or ground) in the upper side of the weapons screen. Click the button and fire.

PhantomTweak
August 29th, 2017, 12:07
You do need TACPAC to actually fire/drop weapons.
They have the drag settings for the different weapons loads, but not the weights. Yet. Jimi and team are working on it though. I know they have the basic information needed, because I sent it to them.
An update to the v17 is due shortly.
Pat☺

WarHorse47
August 29th, 2017, 12:17
Pat.

Would you know what happened to texture.AAAtest under [fltsim.51]?? It doesn't appear to be included with the install.

PhantomTweak
August 29th, 2017, 12:37
No, I don't. I didn't even see that. Good catch. Give me a day or so to see what's what, and I'll get back to you asap, ok?
Pat☺

Edit: Posted this situ over on the FSDT F/A-18 forums, and expect a response pretty soon.
Pat☺

RobM
August 29th, 2017, 16:00
This looks interesting but how do you access the FSDT Forum? Do you have to buy something first? When I try yo pgo to the forum, the message
says "An error occurred. Sorry guest, you are banned", and the register button doesn't work. I've never been to the FSDT web page before,
much less their forum.

Thanks - Rob

PhantomTweak
August 29th, 2017, 21:58
This looks interesting but how do you access the FSDT Forum? Do you have to buy something first? When I try yo pgo to the forum, the message
says "An error occurred. Sorry guest, you are banned", and the register button doesn't work. I've never been to the FSDT web page before,
much less their forum.

Thanks - Rob
No, you don't have to buy anything. You do need to register, though. You have to give them a valid e-mail, and it has personal problems with some for some reason. If one doesn't work, try a different one. Like it doesn't like my e-mail, that I've had forever, Midspring.com. It did take my wife's however. My user name, her e-mail. Don't ask me, I don't understand it either.
The forum's main index page is here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php , and the specific to the F/A-18 is here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/board,4.0.htm (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/board,4.0.html) .
You should be able to register on either page, but register before you try to get into the forum or make a post or you'll get locked out, I think for 24 hours, but I may be wrong. It might just be an hour, or something.

I hope this helps a little...
Pat☺

greenie
August 30th, 2017, 01:34
For those that are having trouble - found the a source to download this . Downloading now and can't wait !

http://www.fsxblueangels.com/fsxba-f-a-18c-hornet-17-1

RobM
August 30th, 2017, 07:10
Thanks loads for the replies and suggestions! You're probably right Pat, it's my old as the hills email account. And thanks
for that alternate link Greenie. It's no big deal, I was just curious.

Sorry for the interruption everyone, now back to your regularly scheduled programming. :untroubled:

Thanks again - Rob

PhantomTweak
August 30th, 2017, 12:13
Glad to help, Rob. I used my lovely wife's GMail account. Well, one of them. She loves this kind of thing :biggrin-new:
I hope it works for you.
Enjoy!
Pat☺

Ganter
August 30th, 2017, 23:55
No, I don't. I didn't even see that. Good catch. Give me a day or so to see what's what, and I'll get back to you asap, ok?
Pat☺

Edit: Posted this situ over on the FSDT F/A-18 forums, and expect a response pretty soon.
Pat☺

Hi Pat,

I'm missing some textures too. The chief annoyance is this one; ENG_POI_RB_GLASSN.dds

The lack of it is making big black squares around engine smoke. (Only in DX10, FSX)

Like this:

https://s20.postimg.org/ip4p00n19/2017-8-28_18-36-16-688.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/ktp213ont/)

PhantomTweak
August 31st, 2017, 12:00
Does it only happen, the engine smoke thingy, in DX10? I don't have the DX10 fixer so I can't test it. I don't see it myself, but I'll post that pic over on the forums to see what they have to say.
Pat☺

Wings of Gold
August 31st, 2017, 14:11
I like this latest version a LOT. Flies well and gets aboard very well - however (at least for me) there is one fatal flaw. When I get on the cat, select shift U and I, see the holdback alert and SLOWLY add power - the aircraft moves forward (No holdback). JBD goes down etc. I have gone out immediately and replicated the exact same scenario with a different bird (in this case the Alpha/Virtavia A-3 Whale). No holdback problem what-so-ever. Rock solid in place until I initiate the shot. Wentout again with the Hornet and had the same issue. Any comment would be appreciated. Gauge interaction problem??

Bill

Ganter
August 31st, 2017, 22:59
Does it only happen, the engine smoke thingy, in DX10? I don't have the DX10 fixer so I can't test it. I don't see it myself, but I'll post that pic over on the forums to see what they have to say.
Pat☺

Thanks Pat. I appreciate that. Would be great to get sorted. :encouragement:

I like this latest version a LOT. Flies well and gets aboard very well - however (at least for me) there is one fatal flaw. When I get on the cat, select shift U and I, see the holdback alert and SLOWLY add power - the aircraft moves forward (No holdback). JBD goes down etc. I have gone out immediately and replicated the exact same scenario with a different bird (in this case the Alpha/Virtavia A-3 Whale). No holdback problem what-so-ever. Rock solid in place until I initiate the shot. Wentout again with the Hornet and had the same issue. Any comment would be appreciated. Gauge interaction problem??

Bill

Bill, I've never had that problem. When ready to go (already done Shift+U), I hit Shift+ I, apply full power swiftly, hit Shift+Space and I'm away.
I think I read in the instructions that applying power too slowly would cause a release rom the Cat.

I'm sure Pat will clear things up.

PhantomTweak
August 31st, 2017, 23:19
I'm sure Pat will clear things up.
I'll try my best :D

When I get on the cat, select shift U and I, see the holdback alert and SLOWLY add power

Once you hit Shft+U, do you wait a second or two, then hit SHFT+I to hook up? Are you sure the launch bar indicator light is lit? Do you have your flaps at 1? Do you move the stick a great deal while hooked up? do you have any crosswind over the deck? Do you have ANY wind over the deck? That can cause the plane to bounce, or move around enough to disconnect from the shuttle. Do you set your parking brake, or press the brakes after you're connected? Are you sure the green banner is indicating ready to launch, and that your nose wheel is in the little hook-up box? Do you set the pitch trim as needed (IE press the button on top or the rudder trim dial)? Do you see the plane bounce, lean over, or make any other motion while on the cat? Do you advance the throttles smoothly but smartly up to 100%? Not full AB. The Hornet doesn't use AB's for launch unless you have a very heavy payload aboard, and then you light them during the cat stroke, not on the cat. Are you using the default carrier, or Javier's? Do you have heavy sea-states some-how? Pitching Deck software, for example...
Lastly, do you have your realism settings full right, and the catapult setting in the FSX.CFG?

I hope something in there helps...
Pat☺

Wings of Gold
September 2nd, 2017, 20:17
Hi Pat, Thanks for the response. Sorry for slow answers, but the "Real World" has had me totally occupied until today.

The answer is that you MUST depress the button atop the Rudder Trim Dial - or you will not get the normal holdback. As that was Not something that I am used to doing as part of my "pre-launch checklist", I neglected to do it. Everything works fine now.

Bill

PhantomTweak
September 2nd, 2017, 22:17
Hi Wings :D
Glad you got her flying. I'm not sure what the Pitch Trim button on the Rudder trim knob has to do with the hold-back, I really don't. As far as I knew, all it did was set the pitch trim properly for take-off, whether on-shore or asea, depending on the gross weight of the plane, and the launch-bar position. It's the same as the "real-world" plane. You can read the NATOPS and see that. Or just read the checklist that's on the lower center MFD. I think Pitch Trim is on there, and that's what it means: Push the button. :D
That's the point to all the work Jimi and team are doing, especially with the FCS. They're trying to make the FSX Hornet behave exactly, or as close as the sim permits, to the real world plane. Orion, the Hornet_FCS.dll author also works o the simulators the Navy/MC use, and also spends a lot of time with real Hornet drivers, so they've got kind of an inside track on the whole affair, which is really handy!
How pushing the button affects the boat's hold-back system I don't know, but I'll look at what goes on. I still suspect that the plane "wobbles" some how, enough to break the hold-back anywho. But hey, I've been wrong before! Often :biggrin-new:

Sorry, I ramble. Enjoy the bird, I sure as heck do!
Pat☺

PhantomTweak
September 3rd, 2017, 13:17
Hi Wings :)
Ok, I did some testing today. I used Javier's Nimitz v2, and the FSX BA v17.1 Fleet aircraft (Not one of the BA planes). I placed the carrier with AICarriers.NET, and set it motion. I made a landing on the boat, then taxid to the #3 cat. I hit SHFT+U, then SHFT+I, and got the Ready for Launch message. I left the flaps up, and button not pressed, and advanced the throttles to 100.14%. The holdback didn't break after 1 min. I put the flaps to 1, still with the throttles advanced, and the hold-back didn't break after 1 min of that configuration. I then "wiped" the controls, Flaps 1, throttles 100.14%, button NOT pressed, and the hold-back broke. I re-set on the cat again, Flaps 1, throttles 100.15%, this time I pressed the pitch trim button. The Hold-back again held for 1 min. I wiped the controls, and again, it broke.
The plane leans with wind over the control surfaces if the stick is moved off center, and having the boat in motion gives you 25 kts of WOD, thus giving you enough wind over the control surfaces to make the plane lean if the stick is moved. If you do this with the plane hooked to the cat, the motion of the plane on the cat is enough to break the hold-back. Could this be whats happening to you Wings?
I couldn't make the hold-back break, even at full AB, with the button pressed or not, until I moved the stick about 40% off-center. Again, this is with the boat in motion. If the boat is not moving, the plane doesn't lean, so the hold-back doesn't break. Again, the button made no difference to the hold-back.

All this is, of course, just MY system. Something in yours that I don't know about may be affecting the whole situation.
I hope this helps somewhat :D
Pat☺

Wings of Gold
September 3rd, 2017, 13:53
Well, it's possible that it was something else, but that's the ONLY thing that I added to my "normal" FSX launch procedure - and it works beautifully now. I know it had nothing to do with the Hornet breaking lock because of instability on deck. For what it's worth, I'm retired Navy. What did you mean earlier about getting the green banner?

Bill

Bjoern
September 3rd, 2017, 15:20
Planned to give the new Hornet a try this week, but in my infinite wisdom forgot to transfer the installer from my PC to the external hard drive before leaving town. :dizzy:

Might really have to beg Jimi for a "Light" version, e.g. just the prototype or fleet testing schemes.

xpelekis
September 4th, 2017, 09:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCvHr9lhiMQ

PhantomTweak
September 4th, 2017, 11:52
What did you mean earlier about getting the green banner?
Hi Bill :)
When you have the plane in the right place on the deck to get launched off a cat, whichever cat you desire, and you've hit SHFT+U, dropping the launch bar, then SHFT+I to get hooked up to the shuttle and hold-back, you should get a green banner across the top of the screen saying Ready For Launch! (or something like that, I don't read it any more :D ), the plane will be on the shuttle, the hold-back engaged, and the JBD will raise up. SHFT+SPACE BAR will then send you on your way. Real good idea, once the banner appears, to go through the pre-launch checklist on the lower center MFD. Wings unfolded (don't laugh, it's darn embarassing to launch with them folded!), flaps 1, Pitch Trim button pressed, etc etc.
A little quirk about the FCS I figured out: Don't retract the gear until the correct pitch attitude is captured after you launch. If you do, it appears to confuse the FCS, and the pitch will keep climbing until you stall out. Once the pitch rises to +10° or there about, depending on the weight of the plane and the end-speed off the cat, it will capture and hold there, and you can then retract the gear. Once the speed increases above about 200 kts, you can set the flaps to auto, and fly away.
Whatever was the trouble, I'm glad you've got it squared away! Thank you very much for your service, by the way. :encouragement:

xpelekis,
Great video! Nice shooting. Splash 1! :rocket:

Have fun all!
Pat☺

Wings of Gold
September 4th, 2017, 13:20
Hi Pat,
I get the same affirmation in the upper left side of the screen - but mine is in red (hence the confusion)
OK, here is a weird topic (but not entirely off topic): I have an earlier version (FA18_2012_FSXBA FX) which is only of interest because of the many different squadron textures by "Ray 'svicar' Gagnon". Question 1/ Is mine the last version still available with these textures? 2/ I have tried to 'update" this old version using your newer panel and Sim (but without success). I would have used these textures with the present models - but the model mapping has changed. 3/ Knowing what I am trying to do (use some of the older textures), is there a better way than just using the old folder as is?
I'm also REALLY interested in when some "D" version is available. I don't see the previous version available for download. Has it been removed from download?

Best,

Bill

PhantomTweak
September 4th, 2017, 22:25
Heyas, Bill!Wow, I wasn't expecting all this :DLet's see here, 1) as far as I know, yes, the paints for each version, to a point, are unique to that version. If you were to want to move the 2012 textures to the v7.3, it would take some adjustment to make them fit properly. I know less than nothing of modifying textures, so just how to is entirely beyond my abilities. I either enjoy the paints that come with, or ask a couple friends I have on the FSDT forums to make one for me. In the v16.1, for example, there is a paint for VMFAT-101, with whom I stationed for a long time. Same with '333, my last squadron.I guess, in answer to all your other questions, which are along pretty much the same lines, I would say to get a good set of pictures of the squadron/paint you want, and ask Azframer over on the FSDT forums to make it for the v17.1.30. Which comes with quite a large number of different textures, by the way :DAs to the D-model, to the best of my knowledge, since the original dev who made the model is gone dark, there are no plans to release it in the v17 series.If by the previous version you mean the 2012, yes, it's gone. I don't even think you can find the v16.1 any more. As they move forward with this whole project, they tend to get rid of previous versions as excess baggage. They only have so much room for their planes, as most of the FSDT web space is taken up by their sceneries, which are very good, and very numerous. I am sure Jimi still has the v16.1 stored someplace, and would put it up if you asked him, but as far as I know it's no longer available.Does this answer your questions adequately? Hope so!Pat☺

Wings of Gold
September 5th, 2017, 03:06
Thanks Pat,

How/where do I get in contact with Jimi?

Best Regards,

Bill

Bjoern
September 5th, 2017, 09:38
Aircraft (including v16.1): http://www.fsxblueangels.com/aircraft
Support thread: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.1425.html

PhantomTweak
September 5th, 2017, 10:58
Just a quick HU for y'all: There is a update out for the v17.1.30. Henceforth it will be the v17.1.31. Go to the forum Bjoern linked above, and on page 100 there is a link to page 96 (lets all play chase the Hornet around! :dizzy: ), and on page 96, second post down is the link to actually download the v17.1.31. Also, there is a write up in Jimi's entry there on page 96 explaining just what the update does, down near the bottom of his post.

Bill: You can contact Jimi by registering for the forum (it's free) and either making an entry in the Updated Hornet thread Bjoern linked, or by sending him a PM. He WILL answer, either way, but, as he's still active duty Navy, it may take him a little bit to do so. Jimi is the FSX Blue Angels demo team's XO, and the Team lead of this whole Hornet project. Not to mention being a great guy in general.
There are also some real good texture types in the thread, so they will probably be able to answer your questions alot better than I. I have all the artistic talent of a large rock, so I don't even mess with textures, just enjoy whats provided :D
There are also threads there for vLSO, and some other good stuff. Take a look. Well worth the effort.

Have fun all!
Pat☺

Deacon Blue
September 6th, 2017, 11:01
Pat,

Would you be able to answer this question or should I register over at the fsdreamteam forums so Jimi can take a look as well?

I installed v17.1.30.(and also the v17.1.31 update) - everything is working so far but I am missing wing flex.

I have P3d V3.4 and thus ran the P3DV2 installer option(I assume this was the correct option to choose since there was not an option for P3d V3 , etc....)?

My MFDs weren't working initially but I read about the issue so I copied the F18.dll over (from my FSX backup) into the gauges folder and rectified the MFD problem - - but the wing flex issue still remains.
I do remember wing flex working when I had the FSXBA installed in my FSX version - just not sure if I have a bad install, etc...? (I have reinstalled 3 times but no luck)

Is Wing Flex controlled by the HornetFCS.dll file?

Oh, did I say how awesome this legacy Hornet is? :-) Fantastic Job!

Thanks Pat,

- DB

PhantomTweak
September 7th, 2017, 11:26
Is Wing Flex controlled by the HornetFCS.dll file?
Hi Deacon :)
I am far from expert on this sort of thing but: Wing Flex is controlled by an effect in the FX portion of the Panel.cfg, either in the Panel.Fleet or Panel.BA folder. The line is gauge40=FX!Wingflex, under [Vcockpit01]. The actual .XML file is located in the FX folder contained within either Panel folder. Shorter answer, no, Hornet_FCS.dll doesn't have anything to do with it, other than distantly, and very peripherally.
I took a look at the .XML file, and from what I can see, it's dependant on 3 factors: G-force (5.5G), AOA (>5°), and TACPAC's presence. I am not certain just what TACPAC does to wingflex, but it IS in the file. I believe it has to do with load-out selected in TACPAC, causing weight and drag differences depending on which load-out is chosen. Thus, more weight on the wing, from bombs, rockets, etc, the less flex, more flex, or a different amount of flex depending on the weight of the load-out. I believe. Like I say, I am far from being an XML type of guy.
I will ask over on the forums for you if you want, or feel free to do so yourself. I think, although very rarely, that you need TACPAC enabled and operating to get the full wing flex effect. I may well be wrong on that, but from what I read in the .XML file, that's what I believe. It may just have the TACPAC lines in it for the different load-outs. No TACPAC, no weight on the wings, thus, a different effect.
Why your wing flex is inoperative, I can't say, but that's what I can see. It may be that it does require TACPAC to get the effect at all. I'll look at my plane, FSX:SE, NO TACAPC, and see what it does.
No real answer for P3D but the best I can do for you...

I installed v17.1.30.(and also the v17.1.31 update)...
As near as I can figure, the v17.1.31 is a stand-alone install, replacing the v17.1.30. I may be wrong on that. However, just so you know, be expecting more updates like this in the near future. There are still "things" they're working on. Details, but some important ones.

Hope this is some small help...
Pat☺

Deacon Blue
September 7th, 2017, 18:11
Pat,

Thanks for the reply....

1. I do have TacPac installed (forgot to mention this in my original post)

2. I checked the Panel.cfg file and do have the entry: "gauge40=FX!Wingflex," present in both Panel.Fleet or Panel.BA folders

3. I do have the XML file present in the following location(s): ....SimObjects\Airplanes\FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_17.1.31\Panel.Fleet\FX\Wingflex.xml and .....SimObjects\Airplanes\FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_17.1.31\Panel.BA\FX\Wingflex.xml

4. I made sure TacPac is working as I can load up and fire/drop ordinance via Shift +7

================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ========

Basically, I took a clean jet (fleet bird) - cleaned her up after take-off, stayed 200 ft AGL over the runway, accelerated to about 400+ knots and buried the stick in my lap - still no wing flex.

Thanks for the help...

I can post over there this weekend to see if Jimi (et al) has any ideas - I'm stumped. Lol

I really appreciate the help Pat in narrowing this down - such a beautiful bird to fly!!!

Joe

PhantomTweak
September 7th, 2017, 23:02
Hey Joe!
I tested mine out as well. I do not have TACPAC at all. I'm too broke to buy any payware. ANYwho, I got it going about 995 kias at 200', and PULLED her hard. 8-9 G on the HUD. No wing flex at all.
It may not be enabled in the model somehow, or something in the .XML file may have been changed or not changed when it should have been. I'll watch the forum for your post and see what Jimi or Orion has to say.
It may be one of those little details that remains to be fixed. They do have a number of such details. Not critical to flying the bird, but annoying non-the-less.
Sorry I wasn't more help. I can try looking over the XML file some more, but I am far from expert on them...
Pat☺

Victory103
September 7th, 2017, 23:41
I can confirm with the TP model no wing flex. On my safe escape maneuver (the pull up), looked over my shoulder to watch the wing tip move, nothing.

PhantomTweak
September 8th, 2017, 11:43
Ok, I made a post on the FSDT forums, letting Jimi and Team know about the wing flex situation. I am sure they'll get to it asap. They're mainly concerned now with getting the Hornet_FCS.DLL file updated to work in P3Dv4, and all the Avionics systems as well.

We shall see what we shall see!
Pat☺

Deacon Blue
September 8th, 2017, 17:50
Ok, I made a post on the FSDT forums, letting Jimi and Team know about the wing flex situation. I am sure they'll get to it asap. They're mainly concerned now with getting the Hornet_FCS.DLL file updated to work in P3Dv4, and all the Avionics systems as well.

I can confirm with the TP model no wing flex. On my safe escape maneuver (the pull up), looked over my shoulder to watch the wing tip move, nothing.

Thanks Pat & Victory103 for checking on both of your ends - Much appreciated!

-- It's good to know it's a (possible) bug with the current release and nothing with my install/PC , etc....

The wingflex certainly is a minor thing and it sounds like they've got bigger issues to rectify so totally understandable if that's put on the back burner!

Well, Back to flying the C-Model!

-DB

P.S. - Thanks for posting the Wingflex issue over at the FSDreamTeam forum, Pat!

PhantomTweak
September 8th, 2017, 22:27
P.S. - Thanks for posting the Wingflex issue over at the FSDreamTeam forum, Pat!
Happy to help!
I used to work for the Government, I'm here to help :biggrin-new:

We'll see what they say over there. It may take a few days, though. Jimi is active Duty Navy, and Orion works for the Navy, Simulator Operations, so they can get a little busy sometimes, but they WILL answer eventually.
Till then, enjoy they way the plane flies!
Pat☺

WarHorse47
September 9th, 2017, 06:42
Pat,

Glad you're here to help. :biggrin-new:

One new item. Check out the CRS switch on the panel. The tool tip gives me the oil temperature instead, and doesn't adjust the CRS heading. This is on the latest version 17.31. It was working fine on ver 17.30.

Thanks

PhantomTweak
September 9th, 2017, 12:10
I'll take a look at the CRS knob. I may be wrong, but I believe that's one of those little details I was talking about. It may have glitched when they were updating things for the whole 64 bit craze going on.
I am going to presume you mean the CRS knob on the lower left of the front instrument panel, just above the rudder well, yes? That thing has been working off and on for different versions. This may be an off period :D I'll see what I can dig up, though. Just like the Bingo quantity adjust knob. We'll see what happens!
Pat☺

PhantomTweak
September 9th, 2017, 13:20
Hi WarHorse :)
I checked it out. The CRS knob actually does function properly. Call up the HUD Control panel (SHFT+2), and look at the NAV1 window, just right of the NAV1 course adjust knob. When you turn the CRS knob on the panel, the one I described, the indication in the NAV1 window changes to match, which is how things should be.

The biggest problem, to my mind, is that the CSEL soft button on the HSI, displayed in any MFD, is inoperative, making changes made by the CRS knob more difficult to detect easily. But like I say, just call up the HUD Control (SHFT+2) and you can see the layed in CRS.

Does that answer your questions?
Pat☺

WarHorse47
September 9th, 2017, 14:11
Hi Pat.
Yes, I see it now. Works fine. Guess it's just the tool tip for the switch/knob on the lower left of the panel.
Best if I use the 2D panel from now on.
Thanks

PhantomTweak
September 9th, 2017, 22:46
Unless they changed it, the 2D panel consists of the HUD, and some data displays. Not much in the way of a cockpit, per se. Nice for recovery on a boat, but other than that...
I never use it, though. Did they add a cockpit? I'll have to check it out.

I'll see if I can either figure out how to change that tool-tip, or ask Jimi to do it. Either way, it'll get fixed eventually, I promise :D

Pat☺

Wings of Gold
September 10th, 2017, 15:43
Hi Pat,

In my effort to get a FA-18D, I have been able to download the FSXBA 2105 15.6 Training and Clean versions (thanks to Kea) from page 62. Unfortunately, after installing both, I find that there is NO .air file and NO Panel folder (the Panel folders both just alias the Training version - so there is actually no Panel included). I added a 17.1 air file and a 2012 Panel, but I still can't select any of the FA-18D listed in the training or clean aircraft cfg's. Advise?

Bill

henrystreet
September 10th, 2017, 16:52
Hi Pat,

In my effort to get a FA-18D, I have been able to download the FSXBA 2105 15.6 Training and Clean versions (thanks to Kea) from page 62. Unfortunately, after installing both, I find that there is NO .air file and NO Panel folder (the Panel folders both just alias the Training version - so there is actually no Panel included). I added a 17.1 air file and a 2012 Panel, but I still can't select any of the FA-18D listed in the training or clean aircraft cfg's. Advise?

Bill

Not sure how it might work out but you might get a better result with a FSXBA VC merged with the CaptSim Delta. Maybe I will try this one day.

WarHorse47
September 10th, 2017, 17:42
Lots of fun. :untroubled:

One silly question remains. How does one hide the pilot after shutdown?

I noticed that when I loaded the Hornet, the cockpit is empty. After startup, the pilot appears. I know what Ctrl-W does, but cannot figure out what else needs to shutdown to clear the cockpit after landing. Any hints??

PhantomTweak
September 11th, 2017, 12:11
Hi Pat,

Bill
Hey Bill :)
Are those only the 2-seater v15.6's that you downloaded and installed? If so, you need to DL and install the 1-seater, or C Model Training version to get all the "stuff". The alias notations refer to that, not the 2-seater, or D model, Training version. The C model Training will have the .air file, and the panel folders/files you need. Look in the same post, up at the top of the list of downloads for it. It's the one marked Training (required): . This was when Jimi was first learning how to consolidate folders to make the install over-all take up less room on the HD, using aliasing. The v17.1.31 is a great example of how well he's learned to by now. :encouragement:
But that may be why you can't select a D model. In the aircraft.cfg for them, it's calling the C model Training .air file. Putting in a v17.1.31 .air file won't work, unless you change all the entries in the D model aircraft.cfg to call the v17.1.31 .air file. I would say your best bet would be to download and install the C model Training version I mentioned above. Then, everything will properly match up.
Hope this helps!

WarHorse47
Lots of fun. :untroubled:

One silly question remains. How does one hide the pilot after shutdown?

I noticed that when I loaded the Hornet, the cockpit is empty. After startup, the pilot appears. I know what Ctrl-W does, but cannot figure out what else needs to shutdown to clear the cockpit after landing. Any hints??

You, know, I never went that far. Shutting it down. I usually just hit ESC after coming to a stop on the runway/angle deck when I'm done flying for the day. I'll take a look ASAP and see what I can find for you though. I never load a cold-n-dark set up either. Always ready to set up for launch, running, whether in parking spot or on the runway. I've found that, over-all, having the default flight/plane up when I first select Free-flight, and then choosing my airport and plane saves me a LOT of possible trouble on down the line. I never just load a previously saved flight and take it from there. I will set one up and see what's up with it though.
Not very helpful, I know. Sorry about that. I am usually more concerned how she works in the air, not on the ground. Not counting landing gear compression etc for landing and taxi-ing, of course. Those matter to me :D
One thought: Do you try putting the ladder down and opening the canopy to make the pilot disappear? Once you've closed the throttles and the engines are spooling down? Maybe turning OFF the two generator switches, and the main Battery switch once the warning lights come on during the shut-down process? Leaving the APU off? I don't have the faintest idea if all those matter, but hey, worth a look.

Have fun all!
Pat☺

WarHorse47
September 11th, 2017, 13:15
You, know, I never went that far. Shutting it down. I usually just hit ESC after coming to a stop on the runway/angle deck when I'm done flying for the day. I'll take a look ASAP and see what I can find for you though. I never load a cold-n-dark set up either. Always ready to set up for launch, running, whether in parking spot or on the runway. I've found that, over-all, having the default flight/plane up when I first select Free-flight, and then choosing my airport and plane saves me a LOT of possible trouble on down the line. I never just load a previously saved flight and take it from there. I will set one up and see what's up with it though.
Not very helpful, I know. Sorry about that. I am usually more concerned how she works in the air, not on the ground. Not counting landing gear compression etc for landing and taxi-ing, of course. Those matter to me :D
One thought: Do you try putting the ladder down and opening the canopy to make the pilot disappear? Once you've closed the throttles and the engines are spooling down? Maybe turning OFF the two generator switches, and the main Battery switch once the warning lights come on during the shut-down process? Leaving the APU off? I don't have the faintest idea if all those matter, but hey, worth a look.

Have fun all!
Pat☺Say, wha...?? :biggrin-new: Listening to those engines spool up is half the fun.

Basically, after taxi to my parking spot, after shutting down the engines I turn off the avionics, battery and generators with keyboard short cuts. Canopy open and ladder down. Not sure what Shif+E+2 does other than lower and raise the tailhook. Anyways, after my shutdown procedure all the 'reds' are on, but the pilot is still sitting there chewing his gum. I could do the water-rudder thing, but the canopy goes with the pilot. :adoration:

Victory103
September 11th, 2017, 13:27
Not sure how it might work out but you might get a better result with a FSXBA VC merged with the CaptSim Delta. Maybe I will try this one day.

I did this with 15.6 and the CS Delta, but with the current state of 17+ and Tacpack, I'll wait for a full up tub conversion from jimi.

I've turned off everything to include GENs as a habit xfer from the Super Bug. I assumed the pilot model was on a timer, but I know I have post-flight/debugged >5 minutes and he's not getting out (with my test flying, perhaps waiting on plane captain to bring new undershorts). Also, check nosewheel chocks, mine are cutting into tires and not on level ground.

Chris Sykes
September 12th, 2017, 14:30
I have the latest EXE version and have no weapons release. Weapons are on the wings but no release. Are the key commands the same as the VRS hornet or different?

Victory103
September 12th, 2017, 19:44
Mine are the same as listed in TPM, trigger and pickle. A few small bugs with TP that jimi is tracking and working on. A key one with a standard center tank load, this will zero out the gun. Not all the weapons included in TP are usable yet with the visual model (AIM7, HARM, MK82SE...)

Corvette99
September 13th, 2017, 02:32
For some reason in P3D V4 the only screen that works on the 2 top MFDs is the arms page , and nothing works on the center lower one . Any ideas ?

Wings of Gold
September 13th, 2017, 05:54
Hi Pat,

I have both the 15.6 FA-18D Clean and Training working now. Couple of quick questions: What is the difference between the two? I see the same BA VC, and have the same configuration. Is it possible to add external stores to either? Just switch to the FA-18C-D Tackpack version if I want to have the ability to alter the F-18D configuration? Manual? Otherwise both look just fine.

Bill

PhantomTweak
September 13th, 2017, 11:56
Corvette99
For some reason in P3D V4 the only screen that works on the 2 top MFDs is the arms page , and nothing works on the center lower one . Any ideas ?

Do you have the file F-18.dll, that came with FSX, installed in your P3D\Gauges folder? If not, you need to copy it from FSX\Gauges over to P3D\Gauges.
Did you allow the auto-install program to install the .NET Framework file?

Wings of Gold
Hi Pat,

I have both the 15.6 FA-18D Clean and Training working now. Couple of quick questions: What is the difference between the two?

The Training version has the launchers on the wings and the centerline fuel tank. More fuel available, more weight and drag. The Clean version has neither of those. Less fuel on board, less weight and drag to the plane.

I see the same BA VC, and have the same configuration.
They should have had the Fleet version of the VC, not the BA version. No big stop-watch in the top center of the UFC, no inverted fuel tank extension, or indicators. If not, check the panel aliasing in the aircraft.cfg file. It should point to the C model Training version Panel.Fleet folder. Which I trust you have installed.
If by "configuration" you mean they LOOK the same externally, then they're both using the same model file. Should be one for clean, and a different one for Training.

Is it possible to add external stores to either?
No. With the V15.6, each configuration has an entirely different folder. They are on the same page (62) you downloaded the Clean, Training, and C Model Training version from. But I think that's only for the C model versions. I might be wrong on that, though.

Just switch to the FA-18C-D Tackpack version if I want to have the ability to alter the F-18D configuration? Manual? Otherwise both look just fine.

I don't have TacPac, so I have no idea about anything having to do with it. Sorry about that...
If I read the question right, and you mean the v17.1.31, then yes, that's the only way to be able to change the armament configurations without changing planes entirely, like with the v15.6. With the v17.1.31, shft+7 calls up the configuration gauge.

Hope I covered everything for as many folks as I could!
Pat☺

Corvette99
September 13th, 2017, 18:57
[QUOTE=PhantomTweak;1102324]Do you have the file F-18.dll, that came with FSX, installed in your P3D\Gauges folder? If not, you need to copy it from FSX\Gauges over to P3D\Gauges.
Did you allow the auto-install program to install the .NET Framework file?

Yes and yes.

fsafranek
September 13th, 2017, 19:19
Hey Bill :)
Are those only the 2-seater v15.6's that you downloaded and installed? If so, you need to DL and install the 1-seater, or C Model Training version to get all the "stuff". The alias notations refer to that, not the 2-seater, or D model, Training version. The C model Training will have the .air file, and the panel folders/files you need. Look in the same post, up at the top of the list of downloads for it. It's the one marked Training (required): . This was when Jimi was first learning how to consolidate folders to make the install over-all take up less room on the HD, using aliasing. The v17.1.31 is a great example of how well he's learned to by now. :encouragement:
Have fun all!
Pat☺
I installed the v15.6 C for the required bits and then both the v15.6 D clean and training. I can select either C or D of mostly the same schemes. But the D's all have a blue cockpit in spot view. Looks like only blue bump maps are being displayed. Cockpit looks fine once inside. Any suggestions?

PhantomTweak
September 13th, 2017, 22:11
I installed the v15.6 C for the required bits and then both the v15.6 D clean and training. I can select either C or D of mostly the same schemes. But the D's all have a blue cockpit in spot view. Looks like only blue bump maps are being displayed. Cockpit looks fine once inside. Any suggestions?

Yes. That's a long time, well known problem with the D model versions. They didn't correct them, if I remember correctly, because they were only going on with the C model for this project. They pretty much just abandoned the D model to history, and focused exclusively on the C model.
Not the best answer, I'm afraid, but the best I can give. I am NOT good at ALL with paints, believe me. I have all the artistic talent of a large rock. So I can't recommend any corrective action. But that's the best answer I can give...

Corvette: I suggest you read and follow this post by Jimi: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117227.html#msg117227
I think that may solve your problems. You just need to download the file linked in that post (just above Jimi's sig) and follow instructions 1-4 shown above that for what to DO with it :D

Good luck, fair skies, and following winds (except on take-off and landing!), to all!
Pat☺

Wings of Gold
September 14th, 2017, 05:57
Pat: I have done the exact same thing that Fsafranek did (he and I are even using the EXACT same downloads),
but my FA-18D's look perfect (no blue textures in the cockpit). If I see great textures, and he doesn't, what is he missing? Anybody?

Bill

PhantomTweak
September 15th, 2017, 11:12
I haven't a clue, Bill.
Could it have to do with a graphics setting? Either a slider or a more obscure FSX.cfg setting? Maybe something in Nvidea Inspector?
I've seen the same situation in the FSDT forums about it, but I can't recall, nor find, any real solution. There may be something I'm missing though.
I stayed with the updated versions, so, like them, I moved on from the D model.
I was working on the flaps settings and values, lift and drag settings in the .air file, weight and balance (took a lot of research into load-outs!), landing gear values, tail hook values, trying to figure out the engine values in the .air file, and other fun stuff. Paints are totally beyond me, I'm afraid. It looks good, or not, to me. If I like it, I use it, if not, I ignore it :D

Sorry I'm not more help on this...
Pat☺

Navy Chief
May 6th, 2018, 15:30
Not a big deal, but was surprised when I downloaded/installed the most recent FSXBA Hornet that the Lo-Viz VFA-106 was not among the repaints. VFA-125, along with 106, were the RAG Hornet squadrons. I know VRS has this paint, but so far, not FSXBA. NC

PhantomTweak
May 7th, 2018, 11:07
Hey, Chief,
You might want to look again. A gentleman screenamed KEA just released some new paints. They're for the v18.3 just released today, but they should work nicely on the v17.whatever.
Go to the thread and look on the last page, down near the bottom.

Here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16514.msg124159.html#msg124159

Pat☺

MZee1960
June 11th, 2019, 19:44
I just wish this aircraft could be packaged in a simple, no frills, no weapons, no tacpack airshow 'Blue Angels' only repaint for the thousands of FSX SP1 and 2 users who do not have the Acceleration addon. Perhaps Jimi could do one ?

PhantomTweak
June 12th, 2019, 10:59
I'm sorry, Mzee, but no acceleration, no HornetFCS.dll. Thus, no plane. You can install it, but you'll get a FCS Failure message, and most, if not all, of the FCS functions will not work. Essentially, it's unflyable in this condition.

You might be able to use the models to populate an airport, but that's about it.

Sorry...
Pat☺

FlyingsCool
June 12th, 2019, 11:50
There's always Steam Edition...

MZee1960
June 12th, 2019, 15:11
There's always Steam Edition...

So what you're saying is - buy and download FSX SE and somehow use the HornetFCS.dll file found within .... in my FSX SP1&2 ?

I will soon be migrating over to a brand new system running P3D, so I don't really want to make any major, tedious changes to my existing FSX with the ton of scenery and AC addons it currently has installed. The FSXBA Blue Angels Hornet 'manually' flies well in my current setup, except for the very annoying red 'FCS Fail' message in the HUD background. All gauges are 'on' and populated with info as they should be, including the active HUD display.

MZee1960
June 12th, 2019, 17:16
OK, so after reading through many posts over at the FSDreamTeam site, I found out essentially two files are needed for full AC functionality in FSX SP1&2 :

1) F-18.dll (found in FSX-SE, Gold,or Acceleration), and

2) HornetFCS.dll (found as part of the FSXBA Hornet V18.3 FSX package - in Panel.Fleet folder).

My question, ...... where do these above 2 files go in FSX once I have both ? ... ie... What folders for what file ?

Thank-you,
MZ.

PhantomTweak
June 13th, 2019, 12:45
1) Goes in the main Gauges folder of FSX.

2) May remain in the Panel.Fleet folder. Make certain, as mentioned above it's the right version. The one for FSX is 75 kb, and the one for P3Dv4+ is 109 kb.

I am not certain, however, that the plane will fly correctly in FSX SP1&SP2. I think, rarely, but I DO think occaisionally, that the Acceleration update is needed to make everything work at all, let alone correctly. Something about FSX.exe itself.

But I may well be wrong. I frequently am...:dizzy:

Does this help?
Pat☺

Bjoern
June 13th, 2019, 14:22
Don't forget that FSX SP2 does not support some new AIR file tables introduced for Acceleration (e.g. 154a), which means that aircraft performance will differ from what the authors intended to provide.

MZee1960
June 13th, 2019, 20:20
1) Goes in the main Gauges folder of FSX.

2) May remain in the Panel.Fleet folder. Make certain, as mentioned above it's the right version. The one for FSX is 75 kb, and the one for P3Dv4+ is 109 kb.

I am not certain, however, that the plane will fly correctly in FSX SP1&SP2. I think, rarely, but I DO think occaisionally, that the Acceleration update is needed to make everything work at all, let alone correctly. Something about FSX.exe itself.

But I may well be wrong. I frequently am...:dizzy:

Does this help?
Pat☺

Don't forget that FSX SP2 does not support some new AIR file tables introduced for Acceleration (e.g. 154a), which means that aircraft performance will differ from what the authors intended to provide.

Thanks, guys.

Pat, that's what I thought re the gauge placements, but just wanted a confirmation.

Bjoern, this particular jet is very agile and fast in my FSX and handles like it's on rails. I don't know how it flies in real life, but I'm happy with it's performance in sim.

I think the F-18.dll file is key to unlocking many of the systems and gauges.

PhantomTweak
June 14th, 2019, 12:16
I think the F-18.dll file is key to unlocking many of the systems and gauges.
I think you may be right.
Alternatively, you can just wait until you are up and running on P3D and fly it that way. Probably the easiest way to get done what you desire, not counting FSX:SE, of course.

This plane does utilize table 154a, BTW, so, as Bjoern mentioned, Acceleration may be necessary. Just a note.

Best of luck to you. This plane, to me, has been a real joy :D
Pat☺