PDA

View Full Version : HJG 707s and FSX

SSI01
August 25th, 2017, 13:14
Historic Jetliners Group (HJG) has excellent Boeing 707 - and other - aircraft on their site, some of which I have installed in FS9.

I looked into the possibility of installing them into FSX, but only succeeded with the first three models; beyond that the aircraft do not show up in the "select aircraft" section. I made certain the panel.cfg and aircraft.cfg files were both changed to FSX per instructions. After checking the aircraft.cfg file entries for the first three models of 707 against the entries for the aircraft that did NOT show, I can find no difference whatsoever in them and have to conclude either the sim will not read more than three different models of the 707, or there is an absolute limit on the number of files the "airplanes" folder will hold.

Which one am I guessing accurately on, does anyone know?

Naismith
August 25th, 2017, 23:57
Historic Jetliners Group (HJG) has excellent Boeing 707 - and other - aircraft on their site, some of which I have installed in FS9.

I looked into the possibility of installing them into FSX, but only succeeded with the first three models; beyond that the aircraft do not show up in the "select aircraft" section. I made certain the panel.cfg and aircraft.cfg files were both changed to FSX per instructions. After checking the aircraft.cfg file entries for the first three models of 707 against the entries for the aircraft that did NOT show, I can find no difference whatsoever in them and have to conclude either the sim will not read more than three different models of the 707, or there is an absolute limit on the number of files the "airplanes" folder will hold.

Which one am I guessing accurately on, does anyone know?

Check out their forums - they acknowledge that many of their 'craft are not FSX friendly

http://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/board/22/fsx-support-hjg-aircraft

thunder100
August 26th, 2017, 03:30
They all fly in FSX

Have a look to your aircraft cfg

correct model?...
[FLTSIM.1]
TITLE=HJG B720-020 UNITED 1959 J
SIM=B720
MODEL=07
PANEL=
SOUND=
TEXTURE=UNITED_AIRLINES_1967_22_N7214U
KB_CHECKLISTS=
KB_REFERENCE=
VISUAL_DAMAGE=1
DESCRIPTION=HJG BOEING 720-020 REPAINT BY CAMILO LUENGAS
UI_MANUFACTURER=BOEING
UI_TYPE=720
UI_VARIATION=UNITED (1959)

only issue is just 2 D cockpit

Tell me which one doesnt work

Roland

SSI01
August 27th, 2017, 05:57
Sorry about delay in reply. RW issues. I installed B-367 through B707-120BF no problem. Issue started with 707-138B early, which didn't show up. Tried everything, changed .cfg files (panel/sound as directed), examined one on one with .cfg files for-120 and 120BF, both of which worked fine. Finally pulled all of them except the -367. Installed the -138B early, which then showed up. Trial flight went fine. Then reinstalled -120 and 120BF, worked fine. Running into issue with -138B late, which does not show. Changed name in title block to "138B late," to ensure it shows up in aircraft list. Out in a few minutes but will run later when returned home.

Made EXHAUSTIVE study of this problem looking for anything - ANYTHING - I may have missed during installation but could find nothing I did that was out of line or not in accordance with instructions. Adding "early" to -138B title is first thing I've done that's not 100% in line with instructions but don't see how that hurts given past experiences.