PDA

View Full Version : What Orbx product to get next?

RKinkor
August 20th, 2017, 13:58
Finally decided to dip my toes in the shallow end of the pool this morning and purchased Orbx Global Base pack and with exception of issues that were my fault it went very well. In fact so well that I have decided dive into the deep end and get more of their products while the sale is on. However being a bit uneducated as far as how scenery works in FSX, I don't know which to get next Vector or North America Land Class and I am not even sure what Land Class is or means. Any advice or guidance would be most helpful.

Daveroo
August 20th, 2017, 19:03
ell i havent really a clue on the specifics,but what i do know,get all the main ones,for the area you prefer to fly,north America,Europe,Australia and so on...vector,then global north america lc,or global Europe lc and so on..

dharry
August 20th, 2017, 21:48
I agree, start with the global products such as Vector, openLC Europe, openLC North Amercia, Trees, Merril C Meigs (the classic default airport for early sims) and one of my first purchases was Monument Valley. The rest is really down to where you fly ie Southern California...

wombat666
August 20th, 2017, 22:07
You'll need Global and Vector as a minimum as well as HD trees, then add Land Class for you chosen area(s), then the airfields you like to fly.
Worth going through the Freeware section at ORBX as well, aside from Lights and AI traffic there are some good airfields that cost nothing.
:encouragement:
And a PS: Be aware that so far many of the airports are still only compiled for P3D3, annoying in my case as it seems to be the case for the entire range of Australian areas.

scotth6
August 20th, 2017, 22:45
Yeah it's well worth getting the global products while the sale is on. 48% off is pretty good.

You have Global base, so the next recommended would be Global Vector, Open LC EU, Open LC NA and HD Trees. There are also freeware packs for airports in the global areas, with hundreds of upgraded airports. As mentioned above there are also heaps of individual freeware airports.

If looking for payware airports after all that, look at the global airports developed by Jarrad Marshall such as Innsbruck, Sedona, Palm Springs, Telluride or Eagle Vail (amongst others).

Anthin
August 20th, 2017, 22:54
On top of that,Mesh.Orbx full fat regions
have mesh installed already.Global needs
Mesh to make the scenery look great.
There are freeware mesh addons and payware.
I use Pilots 2010.It covers the entire world.
It is Payware.They have an updated version as well.

Anthin.

RKinkor
August 21st, 2017, 06:15
Thanks for the advice with a little research of my own I have better educated myself as to what landclass and what not are and can make a better decision now. Vector then North America Land class then maybe trees.