PDA

View Full Version : Gun muzzle flash effect keep showing and causing lag

wiekniera
August 14th, 2017, 10:12
Guys,
my gun muzzle flash effect keep showing and causing terrible lag even i didn't press the fire button, Anyone had experience like this before? and how to fix this thing?
Thanks

http://i.imgur.com/6eMHuKD.jpg

Allen
August 14th, 2017, 10:35
Never seen this. Did you change from stock effects?

wiekniera
August 14th, 2017, 10:43
Never seen this. Did you change from stock effects?

Im using blade effects v2 allen, don't know what causing this but mostly it happen when meeting large formation and after a period time of engagement suddenly i feel terrible lag
and when i watch from outside view looking what's the cause of lag is that the gun flash keep showing and i can't stop that after that :dizzy:

Allen
August 14th, 2017, 11:22
My experience is that add on gun effects just lag up CFS2 during missions. Remove them and go back to stock and report back.

Rami
August 14th, 2017, 11:45
I get that same issue.

Sarg Willy
August 20th, 2017, 06:49
That is an annoying symptom that came with Cfs-2 , Gun run on , has no bearing on which Fx display you use , It,s a damage result , hardcoded in game , There is also an entrée from mission file , that will show the effect , gun related , Bear Cat posted the only Temp soloution ,, Look in the Dp -- Armour section -- for Machine Gun and Cannon values eg 345 rated armour --and change those to 1200 ,
that delays the hardcoded effect,s, You can imagine 2 or 3 aircraft damaged flying around all shooting at nothing , and wasting fps .

bearcat241
August 20th, 2017, 07:25
Even worse when they're your own wingmen rejoining you after a rumble, coming up behind you with guns blazing...:icon_eek:...:cower:

wiekniera
August 20th, 2017, 08:21
the effect just making muzzle flash keeps blinking but no ammo comes out, perhaps there's relation with low memory?