PDA

View Full Version : sim1.DLL fail

lazarus
August 10th, 2017, 14:23
Plugged in the box last eve after a while sitting in it's sea chest. CTD 4X, traced it to sim1 DLL module faulting.
Now, I've got a lot of non-standard stuff in my install-modded global textures, modified AI files running on the original sim cfg's, sound files &c. I don't even remember what's stock and what's modified anymore. Run the repair:pop4:it's over written, it's so much crap over a eight year install that hauling it out, or copying it is a three day event.
I'd like to try a short cut first. Glanced at the DLL in notepad, it looks like a standard FSX module- no references to the rest of the box in the file.
Could some kind soul zip into their main folder, scroll down to the loose modules at the bottom and send me a copy of the module? I'm running standard FSX acceleration. If it fixes it, it'd sure save loosing a bunch of stuff.

Penzoil3
August 10th, 2017, 15:19
52695 Try this.

Bjoern
August 10th, 2017, 15:49
Sim1 failures aren't necessarily caused by a corrupted .dll. Check recent changes to any of your add-ons, you'll more likely find the culprit there.

big-mike
August 11th, 2017, 06:52
Plugged in the box last eve after a while sitting in it's sea chest. CTD 4X, traced it to sim1 DLL module faulting.
Now, I've got a lot of non-standard stuff in my install-modded global textures, modified AI files running on the original sim cfg's, sound files &c. I don't even remember what's stock and what's modified anymore. Run the repair:pop4:it's over written, it's so much crap over a eight year install that hauling it out, or copying it is a three day event.
I'd like to try a short cut first. Glanced at the DLL in notepad, it looks like a standard FSX module- no references to the rest of the box in the file.
Could some kind soul zip into their main folder, scroll down to the loose modules at the bottom and send me a copy of the module? I'm running standard FSX acceleration. If it fixes it, it'd sure save loosing a bunch of stuff.

Hi,
can you please tell me,if the sim1.dll from Penzoil3 fixed your issue?
I have this sim1 error too.
Thanks
Mike

lazarus
August 12th, 2017, 14:06
52695 Try this.
My thanks, sir.
I'll let you know what I find.
I haven't put anything new in for quite a while, and the usual suspects and hacks haven't helped. Thought I'd try some competent jerking, see if I can eliminate some things before giving up and hitting the refrob button.

Roger
August 12th, 2017, 14:28
My thanks, sir.
I'll let you know what I find.
I haven't put anything new in for quite a while, and the usual suspects and hacks haven't helped. Thought I'd try some competent jerking, see if I can eliminate some things before giving up and hitting the refrob button.
Ha ha, lazarus...that would be thank you maam (or Sue):engel016:

lazarus
August 13th, 2017, 17:26
My apologies. No way to tell without tipping the avatar over and looking in the genes...:biggrin-new:

The flight1 DLL was uncorrupted. However, as this thing has to do with the sim talking to the gauges, start there, then make it fault again.
the problem appears to be in the alpha A-90 FSX panel. While I've had that in the sim for ages, I parked it, recently managed, by dint of accidental frustrated frobulating, to get the FSX native conversion working, ran once in sim, then the CTD on start.
Deleted the trusted gauge list from the simcfg, fixed the problem until reloading the A-90, narrowed it down to one of the gauges in from the fs9 version.
Now it's tracking down the corrupt gauge. It always worked in years gone by, something rolled over and died since.

Penzoil3
August 13th, 2017, 18:10
No problem on the genes. Teach me to sign my posts LOL. Hate when things roll over and die. Had one doing that to me recently, discovered if I loaded another plane first, then switched to the problem child, it didn't CTD. It's an idea.
Good Luck !
Sue