PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with gc dkm z-32

Bill Kestell
February 11th, 2009, 19:16
OK ... I''m at a loss.

I have used all my dped knowledge to move the bomb damage fire effect to the proper positions but still get these two "ghost" fires out ahead of the bow.

Every other ship I have worked on seems to have the verticle dashed dividing line indicating "center" at the mid-point of the ship. Not this one. The "center" line is at about the 4/5ths forward portion of the ship ... at "A" turret roughly.

I have moved both the hull and deck boxes accordingly but still get these ghost fires ... and at he rear 1/4 of the ship ... a bomb hit results in a water column rather than the explosion I would expect to see if the bomb "hit" something solid rather than having nothing solid there and just "hitting" the water.

Further, I have the "blueprints" setting on the next to smallest magnification (barely workable at that setting) and I can't possibly move any further to the right with hull or deck boxes ... I'm at the right edge of my screen now!

This is really XXXXing me off because this is the only ship that I just can't bend to my will. Any old GC guys around who remember this pretty little witch ... or any ship guys out there?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

sc7500
February 11th, 2009, 19:23
Howdy Mr. K;

I'm sure you've already thought of this... but I just gotta ask.

Have you semi-coloned out ALL the damage box info lines, and then added them back one box at a time ?

I KNOW it's a PITA, but this may be the only way to figure out which / what / where to work on...

SC
:kilroy:

bearcat241
February 11th, 2009, 20:55
Hmmmm....the default boxes seem grossly disproportionate to the wireframe image of the model in blueprint view.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/bearcat241/Demo%20shots/0036.jpg

The Z-10 is the same way....when you see this degree of disparity between the boxes and the wireframe its hard to determine which is the truth. It makes the ship a much BIGGER target, but i can't believe the shipbuilders intended this.

Bill Kestell
February 11th, 2009, 21:51
Yeah ... I know it's wierd. I may give the semi-colon route a shot even if it is a PITA ... only because I can't handle a chalenge that I can't ovecome. It's just plain UNAMERICAN!:faint:

JapLance
February 11th, 2009, 23:53
Hmmmm....the default boxes seem grossly disproportionate to the wireframe image of the model in blueprint view.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/bearcat241/Demo%20shots/0036.jpg

The Z-10 is the same way....when you see this degree of disparity between the boxes and the wireframe its hard to determine which is the truth. It makes the ship a much BIGGER target, but i can't believe the shipbuilders intended this.

I just opened this in DPED, and it's very strange that if you check measures, the DD model is only about 34 meters long...

Something is wrong here, but I'm not sure what: the boxes look like they are the right size (~136 m.) , but the 3D model seems to be tiny. It could be a DPED error reading the model, but it's the first time I see something like this. Until now it just either opened a model or not, but never seen it opening one with a wrong size.

:help::help::help::help:

Bill Kestell
February 12th, 2009, 08:51
:173go1:There I go again, BC ... making waves and trouble for everyone!:faint:

bearcat241
February 12th, 2009, 08:56
:173go1:There I go again, BC ... making waves and trouble for everyone!:faint:

That's fine...all is forgiven if you come up with the solution...LOL :wave:

Bill Kestell
February 12th, 2009, 10:52
I think this might have to be another of those "blind squirrel" situations ... but I ain't whipped yet!:faint: