PDA

View Full Version : AN-2 2.3 FDE update?

simtech
August 6th, 2017, 11:57
Having followed the AN-2 topics on SOH and particularily due to Cavaricooper's wonderfully flight narrations, I finally succumbed to purchasing the AN-2 from Sibwings yesterday. Everything was kopecetic. Even though the Sibwings forums appears to be defunct, the sales side worked very well and quickly. After flying the install in FSXA, I remembered a mention of a 2.3 FDE update. Unfortunately my download issued a 2.1. I noticed the "Updater" application opened and I allowed it to run. Basically it stated it could not find any updated files on the server, but it did find my AN-2 install.

Question: How might I get the 2.3 FDE? I've flown many freeware Colts, but even in its basic form, the Sibwings model is far superior. Any help would be appreciated. I've googled and came up empty handed. Found a ton of repaints on the Sibwings site, but alas, the forums are closed. Thank you in advance.

ncooper
August 6th, 2017, 12:13
Have my copy.

simtech
August 6th, 2017, 12:21
NCooper, God bless you. Thank you. I've loved this old girl for a long time and even had thoughts of getting one IRL. However, after investigating the FARs, the FAA put a restriction on the AN-2 and some others of being restricted to fly no more than 300 nm of a home base and unable to routinely land at any place other than home base. So, that dashed my hopes of flying the Colt on a routine basis. Then, 45-50 gallons per hour fuel costs at almost $6/gal doesn't inspire confidence either. Thank you again,..Terry:jump:

Portia911
August 8th, 2017, 03:29
Have my copy.

Thanks for sharing, Nick - much appreciated! :very_drunk:

gray eagle
August 8th, 2017, 08:07
Thanks for sharing the FSE update. I installed it and gave the old bird a spin - Curious, what changed with this FDE upddate? :teapot:

simtech
August 11th, 2017, 22:21
GE: About the only thing I can tell is that even though the original would stall around 40kts, this one doesn't ever seem to stall. You can just float down like a hummingbird. It's coming down, but I read in one document that when weather was bad, the AN-2 pilot would slow a/c to about 45-50, slowly pull the control column back until it was eventually in his chest. It would mush until about 35 kts. This new FDE is more toward that criteria, although it doesn't quite replicate it perfectly. Just better than the original. Blue skies to you.. Terry