PDA

View Full Version : Manfred Jahn DC3 v3 - how to see the DME gauge in flight?

TheAviator
August 5th, 2017, 07:21
Wonderful aircraft. Have been flying it for some time, but just recently decided to do some instrument flying. A problem I have noticed: the DME gauge is behind the pilot's yoke and hidden from view, unless you pull the yoke way back. But you can't do that in flight or you will stall the aircraft. The yoke evidently cannot be hidden. How does one read the DME instrument? Not a problem with ADF and VOR as they are above the yoke, but the DME gauge I cannot figure out how to read it in flight. Any suggestions?

Alky
August 5th, 2017, 07:23
The yoke evidently cannot be hidden.

The yoke(s) can be removed by clicking on the the little red plaques located on the left and right side of the panel.

ncooper
August 5th, 2017, 08:32
It's quite small, so here is an image to help you find it.

https://s19.postimg.org/bhoo5b2ab/Untitled.jpg

(There is a very good manual included with the aircraft, it might be worth taking the time to read it.)

jandjfrench
August 5th, 2017, 09:16
Hi TheAvi,
When ever I run into a problem like this I create a new camera. I try to choose a view that the pilot would actually see. In this case I'd move the view forward and angle down so that the gauge was visible. In all of my aircraft I have multiple cameras and I try to arrange them with the most used first in order. I have my controller trigger button programmed to "Look forward (3-D cockpit)" so that after selecting a camera in the sequence I'm immediately returned to looking forward without having to sequence through views I'm not interested in. I do have another controller button set to do this sequencing of views. Another, and perhaps preferable, option is after creating the camera assign a "hotkey" to go directly to the new camera. Sorry that I couldn't figure out a way to make this suggestion simpler and still make sense.
Jim F.

TheAviator
August 6th, 2017, 05:29
The yoke(s) can be removed by clicking on the the little red plaques located on the left and right side of the panel.

Thanks, it works.

ncooper
August 6th, 2017, 07:20
Don't mention it.