PDA

View Full Version : Milviz F15 works well in fsx steam until...

747jet
August 2nd, 2017, 11:09
Hello,

I own the Milviz F15 for some years now. I installed it in fsx steam standalone. Everything works fine, until I want to finish fsx:

fsx.exe

559f9a9a

Eagle_systems.dll_unloaded

4f6873fb

c0000005

01d30bbe53c49eb5

C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Eagle_systems.dll

075dfdec-2dd3-45b6-96e1-5f409a190ea5

I tried everything: Moved this dll to the Modules/Milviz selection. Checked my fsx.cfg for "trusted".

Yes I know this plane is not supported for fsx, yes I really do not want to blame anyone here cause it does not work. Anyway I would be happy if I could use it in steam!
The only thing I want to try is getting the plane work. I can use the plane but I do not like the crashes when I quit fsx. Perhaps there is a "way around" this dll file but I do not think so.
If it has something to do with internal codes of the plane or the steam edition, it is ok. But anyway I think I speak for many other users: Please let this bird work in steam sometime! :encouragement:

If someone has an idea or got this plane work in steam, please let me know!

Daube
August 2nd, 2017, 12:07
This is strange, I'm using that bird in P3Dv3.3.5 without any problems, so I don't understand why it wouldn't work in FSX Steam...
Are you using the latest version of the plane, downloaded from the Milviz support forums ?

EDIT: you don't need to move anything. My Eagle_systems.dll is still in the panel folder.

Daube
August 2nd, 2017, 12:32
I gave it a try (FSX Steam is still installed on my computer).
The Milviz F-15 worked without crash.

scotth6
August 2nd, 2017, 19:09
Hi,
I seem to remember a post at thw Milviz forums indicating a conflict with Tac Pack if you have that installed. There was a replacement dll to overcome this posted in the F-15 support forum.

747jet
August 3rd, 2017, 08:03
This is strange, I'm using that bird in P3Dv3.3.5 without any problems, so I don't understand why it wouldn't work in FSX Steam...
Are you using the latest version of the plane, downloaded from the Milviz support forums ?

EDIT: you don't need to move anything. My Eagle_systems.dll is still in the panel folder.

I bought the plane last year from pc aviator in september and use this version. Did not download a never version. Did they change anything since september 16?
If you could tell me where in the aircraft I find my version number, I can tell you which version I use!

Another strange behavior of the F15: It messes up my fsx button configuration. I have a Logitech F310 Game Pad which works well for me and I use it in direct input mode. When I swith the game pad to the x-input mode, it works terrible. I do not have a registered fsuipc so I use default fsx settings...
Everytime I start a flight with the F15 from cold and dark, after about then minutes all my button config is broken and I have to make it again :chargrined:

Ah and I do not have tacpack!

Naruto-kun
August 3rd, 2017, 09:58
Hop over to the Milviz F-15E support forum and I will help you out.

747jet
August 4th, 2017, 03:00
They will just tell me that it is not supported in fsx steam. It's a pity that lots of developers react like this!
As I said I am not a person who wants to blame anyone cause I knew exactly that I buy the F15 at my own risc.
But anyway it would be cool if some developers gave just an idea to get "non steam supported" products working.

"It is just not supported" is easy to say!

henrystreet
August 4th, 2017, 04:43
They will just tell me that it is not supported in fsx steam. It's a pity that lots of developers react like this!
As I said I am not a person who wants to blame anyone cause I knew exactly that I buy the F15 at my own risc.
But anyway it would be cool if some developers gave just an idea to get "non steam supported" products working.

"It is just not supported" is easy to say!

Mark,

You've been offered personal attention by one of Milviz developers. Best to take it when offered.

Good luck.

747jet
August 4th, 2017, 04:46
Mark,

You've been offered personal attention by one of Milviz developers. Best to take it when offered.

Good luck.

Hä who and when??

Daube
August 4th, 2017, 05:57
Naruto-kun is from MilViz.
If he told you to go to the MilViz forums, he probably meant you would get support over there.
And at least, you would get the links to download the latest version of the F-15.
One important note about MilViz forums:
- you can access all of the "normal" sections of the forum
- you can't access the "support" sections of the forum until you contact them with proof of purchase (especially if you bought the plane from another vendor). I also had to do that for the F-15 and the Baron.
- from the support forums, you can download the latest version of each plane installer.

747jet
August 4th, 2017, 12:01
Naruto-kun is from MilViz.
If he told you to go to the MilViz forums, he probably meant you would get support over there.
And at least, you would get the links to download the latest version of the F-15.
One important note about MilViz forums:
- you can access all of the "normal" sections of the forum
- you can't access the "support" sections of the forum until you contact them with proof of purchase (especially if you bought the plane from another vendor). I also had to do that for the F-15 and the Baron.
- from the support forums, you can download the latest version of each plane installer.

Ok sorry I misunderstood Naruto's Post

747jet
August 4th, 2017, 12:29
Well after 2 minutes I cannot find my post in the milviz forum anymore. Looks like it was deleted very very fast. It's a bit strange but its not worth the trouble. Ty anyway

Daube
August 4th, 2017, 13:03
Your topic has been moved into the F-15 support part of the forum, because you probably posted in the regular F-15 forum, right ?
http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=8001
If you can't access it, then you have to "register" to that support section, as I explained in my previous message.

The path is simple.
This is the main entry point for MilViz forums:
http://www.milviz.com/forum/index.php
On that page, the very last section is the support section.
http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=150
On that page, you can only see (or access) the support sections for which you are registered as a customer. For example, I can see the section for the F-15, the Phantom, the Sabre and a few others. You should at least see the one for the F-15. If not, then you have to register

Daube
August 4th, 2017, 13:06
This topic contains the necessary informations on what happened and what to do ;)
http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=150&t=6303

Naruto-kun
August 6th, 2017, 00:31
I posted the answer in your thread which is now in the support forums so you can rest assured, it hasn't been deleted, just moved.

Here is the link to it. If you can't access it contact oisin at milviz d*o*t *c*o*m