PDA

View Full Version : Rami update...another campaign uploaded!

Rami
February 11th, 2009, 18:05
To all,

In keeping with my renovations, I have uploaded an updated version of the Operation Pedestal / Mezzagosto dual campaign to my website.

On this final version, I have spawned flights to increase framerates while still allowing for dynamic elements if you alter your takeoff time. There are also clearly defined goals, with mission failures that terminate the mission under certain circumstances. I have also used care to update the aircraft used, so that they are more reflective of aircraft types actually flown during August of 1942.

Brunosk's wonderful Spitfires have been utilized, but the readme and missions will be updated one last time when the Beaufighter and Fulmar are released, completing the campaign's update.

I will now dive wholeheartedly back into the Tuskegee Airmen, and then after that, it's off to Port Moresby, New Guinea to fuffill a promise I made long ago to all of you.

SPman
February 12th, 2009, 15:12
But mr Rami sir, where is your website?

Rami
February 12th, 2009, 15:16
Spman,

Click on the link in my signature: http://ramirez412001.wetpaint.com/

SPman
February 12th, 2009, 15:28
Spman,

Click on the link in my signature: http://ramirez412001.wetpaint.com/
I would have if you had a signature showing.......just found it, thanks.

Devildog73
February 12th, 2009, 16:01
Yeah, yeah, yeah, but what about the updated version of Rami?????

You keep posting your mug on the avitar but where is the new little Rami? Huh, huh, huh?

Rami
February 12th, 2009, 16:20
Okay...

As requested, here is a pic of Matthew.

Devildog73
February 12th, 2009, 16:31
And you posted that with a straight face!!!!

ROFLOL:woot:

hewman100
February 13th, 2009, 01:50
He was laughing on the inside though:costumes:

Rami
February 15th, 2009, 16:27
The airbase beta testing fairy paid a visit to my e-mail box today, and dropped off several French presents!

They are...Caen, Le Havre, Cherbourg, St. Omer, Guyancourt, Azzeville reserve, Vilizy-Villacoubray, Laon, and Boissy-le-bois!

Because I now have Cherbourg and Le Havre, I can finally get that RCAF campaign that's been collecting dust on my hard drive for more than a year finished and sent off to all of you.

Some of you have already beta-tested it. :friday:

Eoraptor1
February 15th, 2009, 18:34
The site looks really nice, Rami. Just paid my first visit.

JAMES

Rami
February 15th, 2009, 18:39
Eoraptor1,

Thanks for the compliments! The goal is simplicity and efficiency.

P.S. - At the rate I'm going, RCAF may be uploaded tomorrow!

Rami
February 15th, 2009, 19:58
To all,

I have just uploaded a Royal Canadian Air Force campaign, centered around the Hawker Typhoon. This, aircraft like the P-38 Lightning, needs some representation in the ETO, and now that has been accomplished. You use Bruno's Mossie for a couple of missions as well.

This is a "historically plausible" campaign of 20 missions which covers from mid-1943 to the D-day invasion. I had a LOT of fun with this, and think it is one of my best. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I have.

My only regret is a loss of Canadian UIRES screens that Ajax had made and sent me before his system crashed. I never got them, and he has been unable to find time to remake them. I hope that someone takes up that challenge, it is the only thing missing from this campaign!

At least I'm putting these sleepless nights with feedings, diaper changes, and projectile vomit to good use, right? :friday:

kdriver
February 15th, 2009, 21:42
Rami,

What about the Canadian UIRES screens which came with your Canucks Overseas missions?

Kevin

Rami
February 16th, 2009, 02:34
Kdriver,

Those are the ones I'm using for now, but Ajax's work took it to another level. :woot:

Devildog73
February 16th, 2009, 04:20
Speaking of Mossies Rami.

I had an old-timer's moment on mission 100. The devition from the flight path on the way home BEFORE the encounter with the unfortunate German fighters was to investigate a possible bogie. It turned out to be a British Mossie flying all alone taking photos.

I forgot to load up a Mossie for the TA to investigate..............:help:

Rami
February 16th, 2009, 04:27
Speaking of Mossies Rami.

I had an old-timer's moment on mission 100. The devition from the flight path on the way home BEFORE the encounter with the unfortunate German fighters was to investigate a possible bogie. It turned out to be a British Mossie flying all alone taking photos.

I forgot to load up a Mossie for the TA to investigate..............:help:

Devildog,

Are you suggesting I should correct this monstrous injustice? :173go1:

By the way,

It's in the download queue: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=13574

One more point, folks. This campaign does not detract from my planned course of Tuskegee / Defense of Australia in any way. RCAF had been about 90-95% complete for nearly a year, and was just waiting on two airbases to complete it. Once those arrived yesterday, it was quite easy to finish it. I even had the readme done! So, it took about 3 hours to make the objects invisible, create two airbase layouts, test-fly the newly completed missions, and then update the entire package. That's why I always have numerous projects in various stages of completion.

Jagdflieger
February 16th, 2009, 06:20
Thanks Rami!

miamieagle
February 16th, 2009, 07:21
All I can say at this point is thank you!

Even dow we make fun of you occationaly because you are cool guy!

I hope you and your Family are fine!

Thank you again!:amen:

PomBee
February 16th, 2009, 09:04
I've just downloaded the campaign and had a quick look. It's superb. It may even persuade me to take a break from decorating and have a play.

Well done,

PomBee.:applause::applause::applause:

Devildog73
February 16th, 2009, 09:04
Ah, DUH!

Yes, buddy, if you would be so kind, I would apprectiate it. :caked:

Hard to go investigate an unknown aircraft if the aircraft isn't there.....:173go1:

I hate to think what the Tuskegee Airmen Campaigns would be like without you.........:help:

Once we have them all completed and uploaded, I am going to just go fly around for a while. Then, it is back to my Teufelshunde roots and a Pacific USMC Campaign build.

Anyone got any special requests for this before I go research my WW II older brothers?

Rami
February 16th, 2009, 09:14
One correction...

Here is the right link for Bruno's tug...
Location: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=12629 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/../downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=12629)

Devildog73
February 16th, 2009, 09:17
Got it Rami.

BTW, I am home doing some mods on all the installs.
Got Rhumbflappy's mesh all installed, WOW! Took a P-39 from Ramitelli to Hawkinge. Very nice looking world out there now.:ernae:

:focus:

BTW Rams, do you have a favorite Mosquito that I need to download and install for this last mission?

Rami
February 16th, 2009, 09:27
I know...I had the same reaction. :amen:

I've done Libya - Benina to Hornchurch a few times in the D-ware Mustang...some breathtaking scenery as you pass almost directly over Interlaken.

After takeoff...65% power and 2,000 RPM all the way....trim her right and she'll coast up to 33K.

Devildog....Bruno's V4 Mosquito is my baby. Check out my Mossie campaign rework for a weapons loadout.

Rami
February 18th, 2009, 15:55
Just to let you all know, I made a couple of updates to my site.

safn1949
February 18th, 2009, 17:49
To all,

I have just uploaded a Royal Canadian Air Force campaign, centered around the Hawker Typhoon. This, aircraft like the P-38 Lightning, needs some representation in the ETO, and now that has been accomplished. You use Bruno's Mossie for a couple of missions as well.

This is a "historically plausible" campaign of 20 missions which covers from mid-1943 to the D-day invasion. I had a LOT of fun with this, and think it is one of my best. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I have.

My only regret is a loss of Canadian UIRES screens that Ajax had made and sent me before his system crashed. I never got them, and he has been unable to find time to remake them. I hope that someone takes up that challenge, it is the only thing missing from this campaign!

At least I'm putting these sleepless nights with feedings, diaper changes, and projectile vomit to good use, right? :friday:

Hi Rami,the link for Bruno's Mossie doesn't work.Do you know where I can find it,thanks for all the hard work.:friday:

Rami
February 18th, 2009, 23:51
I'll take care of it.

Rami
February 19th, 2009, 18:14
Safn1949,

Try this:

You’ll need Bruno’s DeHavilland Mosquito Mk. II

Location: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=12641 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/../downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=12641)

Alternate skins and panel: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=11443 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/../downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=11443)

I'll fix these on my site when I get the chance.
(http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/../downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=11443)

safn1949
February 19th, 2009, 18:59
Thanks for the help.:friday:

Rami
February 20th, 2009, 19:31
I just completed the final update for the third pack of Devildog73's Tuskegee Airmen campaign. These have enhanced .dyn files, including text, ammo triggers, and other improvements. I'll have it uploaded before going to sleep tonight.

It's up there now.

Devildog73
February 21st, 2009, 03:48
Thanks, Buddy!

I appreciate all of the help, rewrites, mods and general finalizations on all of those miscellaneous files I have been sending you.
:ernae::ernae::ernae:

This turned into a way bigger project than I had first envisioned. :typing:

Rami
February 21st, 2009, 03:55
Thanks, Buddy!

I appreciate all of the help, rewrites, mods and general finalizations on all of those miscellaneous files I have been sending you.
:ernae::ernae::ernae:

This turned into a way bigger project than I had first envisioned. :typing:

Devildog,

This had been a godsend. CFS2 needed something like this, because American representation in the Med was virtually non-existent. It has been and continues to be a pleasure working on this. Because of you, it has steepened my MB learning curve, and I now know how to do things that I NEVER would have been able to figure out had I not taken up the challenge of working with you on this endeavor.

I'm also pretty durn good in a Curtiss P-40f now, hehe. :costumes: