PDA

View Full Version : Nice surprise, T-37B Tweet works!

Warrant
February 11th, 2009, 15:03
Just ported over the magnificent T-37 by Microsimulator i purchased like ....a very long time ago.

After watching "Topgun Holland" on Dutch National TV, i wanted to give this FS9 bird a go in FSX.:cost1:

The only thing i have to work out is the engine thrust. After engine start-up, when releasing the parking brakes, the bird starts to roll (with throttle in idle).
I also received warning about AP not working (FS98). The rest seems to work fine (including cockpit glass, sound and lights).:jump:

Edit: AP fixed

Whoohoo, i can finally fly the ENJJPT bird again. Now a good T-38.......(Hint for developers):wave:

jmig
February 11th, 2009, 16:14
Just ported over the magnificent T-37 by Microsimulator i purchased like ....a very long time ago.

After watching "Topgun Holland" on Dutch National TV, i wanted to give this FS9 bird a go in FSX.:cost1:

The only thing i have to work out is the engine thrust. After engine start-up, when releasing the parking brakes, the bird starts to roll (with throttle in idle).
I also received warning about AP not working (FS98). The rest seems to work fine (including cockpit glass, sound and lights).:jump:

Edit: AP fixed

Whoohoo, i can finally fly the ENJJPT bird again. Now a good T-38.......(Hint for developers):wave:

Autopilot? There never was an autopilot in the Tweet...unless you call the student pilot the AP. :costumes:

ColoKent
February 11th, 2009, 16:16
....I bought it and tried it in FSX a few months ago, and the little spoilers on the intakes do not retract like they are supposed to...PLEASE tell me you found out how to fix that, and you're right...it will work fine!

Kent

Warrant
February 12th, 2009, 05:17
....I bought it and tried it in FSX a few months ago, and the little spoilers on the intakes do not retract like they are supposed to...PLEASE tell me you found out how to fix that, and you're right...it will work fine!

Kent

Yup, found out how it works; try the assigned visor key, and they will retract. :wave:

Warrant
February 12th, 2009, 13:26
If you're interested in "Topgun Holland" look here; http://www.uitzendinggemist.nl/index.php/serie?serID=4279&md5=2790970f95bf937672a50a290717a890...

On the page select episode and click "meer...", then click the lower button "Bekijk uitzending"

Episodes are in Dutch language, but the pilot stuff is understandable for (sim) pilots....

Edit: Short wrap up what the series are about....
It is a RNLAF promotion broadcast showing four phase of becoming an F-16 pilot. The first phase is about young people applying for the job as fighter jock (in short, the selection process). The second phase deals with basic training at the Royal Military Academy (KMA) in Breda and the initial pilot training at Woensdrecht AB (PC-7 trainer). Third phase deals with the initial jet training at Sheppard AFB (T-37, T-38), and the fourth phase is about the conversion to the F-16AM/BM at Springfield ANGB (Ohio) and final allocation to a flying unit in The Netherlands.
Each episode shows you the progress in the different phases in random order.
Quite interresting really.:engel016: