View Full Version : FSRecorder?

DaleRFU
July 19th, 2017, 04:23
Does this work in fsx se?

regards
Dale

hschuit
July 19th, 2017, 04:30
V2 does not but the older version 1.3.3.1 works. When it gives a "not verified...." warning at launch, just click "OK".
And do not forget to add it to your DLL.XML file:

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FS Recorder 1.331 (FSX-SE)</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad>
<Path>Modules\FSRecorder1331\RecorderFSX.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

Naismith
July 20th, 2017, 11:32
The above is correct up to a point

Version 1.3.3.1 installs under FSXSE into the main FSX directory and needs to be moved to MODULES. It also installs as "FS Recorder for FSX" not FSRecorder1331, so the Dll.XMl needs to be edited to reflect this. Also the line <ManualLoad needs to be edited to False or else FSRecorder will not boot with FSX.

Another point, I had read some time ago that the prog would not function in a Windows 10 enviroment which is why I never bothered to install it again after going to W10, But it does work.

DaleRFU
July 20th, 2017, 20:14
It doesn't work in W10? That would explain why I can't get it to work. Does anyone know if there's an alternative to FSRecorder?

Naismith
July 20th, 2017, 21:14
I said IT DOES WORK. The newer one does not but the old one does. I tested it and it works just fine.

This is my working dll.xml in fsxse in w10

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FS Recorder 1.331 (FSX-SE)</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>Modules\FS Recorder for FSX\RecorderFSX.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

note the edited changes from the original line 4 needs to be "False" line five needs an edit as described above too.

DaleRFU
July 21st, 2017, 20:17
Forgive me, I misread what you said.

where can I find the dll.xml?

Naismith
July 21st, 2017, 23:03
C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml

Same place as the FSX.cfg file :encouragement: Any xml file can be read by Notepad, it is simply a text file.

You have to go into windows and permit hidden files to be seen probably.