PDA

View Full Version : Avia156 FSX Native Conversion

Milton Shupe
July 17th, 2017, 09:02
Here's my next project for FSX native and just about done with this one.

Anybody seen this yellow thing at any airports in FSX? This one showed up at Easton, MD.

I have never noticed these before in FSX.

DaveB
July 17th, 2017, 09:33
Yes mate. You only see it at smaller airports (airfields in reality). It moves (it IS moved) to show wind direction;)

ATB
DaveB:)

llanning08
July 17th, 2017, 09:50
The thing is called a Wind-T and is common at smaller airfields.

Milton Shupe
July 17th, 2017, 10:27
Thanks for the responses; that's new to me. Where have I been??? LOL

Penzoil3
July 17th, 2017, 23:16
:mixed-smiley-010: Silly me, I was going to say it was a wind doohickey.
LOL
Sue

guitar0633
July 17th, 2017, 23:45
Can't wait for this plane, love that livery. This will be a great addition to my Air Hauler fleet.

huub vink
July 18th, 2017, 01:32
In the Netherlands we had similar Ts on our miltary airfields when I was in the Dutch air force a long time ago (70s-80s). But they were used to indicate which runway was in use. They were hand moved by air traffic contraol when they switched runway.

Cheers,
Huub

Milton Shupe
July 19th, 2017, 11:58
I have uploaded the Avia 156 native FSX version.

You can get it here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=22820&catid=34

BendyFlyer
July 19th, 2017, 15:54
This is an interesting aeroplane Milton, completely unfamiliar with it, amazing you got this done so well given that they only ever built one. Looks a lot like the Lockheed Vega but with an inline engine. A great conversion by the way.

As to the wind marker these turned up at some airfields in the Hump scenery and I had never seen one before either until then, they were never used in Australia.

Milton Shupe
July 19th, 2017, 16:26
This is an interesting aeroplane Milton, completely unfamiliar with it, amazing you got this done so well given that they only ever built one. Looks a lot like the Lockheed Vega but with an inline engine. A great conversion by the way.

As to the wind marker these turned up at some airfields in the Hump scenery and I had never seen one before either until then, they were never used in Australia.

Thank you Sir :-)

Yes, Robert Nebazar was trained by :ockheed and worked there a number of years before returning to CZ to design.

Here is some general data on the Avia 156:

The Avia 156 was a 1930s Czechoslovakian 6-passenger commercial transport for both mail and passengers designed by Robert Nebasαř and built by Avia, the type performed well but only one was built.

Development
The Avia 156 was a single-engined high-wing cantilever monoplane that first flew in 1934.