PDA

View Full Version : I'm a new Kyle Busch fan!

PRB
July 16th, 2017, 10:42
Apparently KB said this weekend that he will "retire" from the Xfinity series when he gets to 100 wins there. He got what, #89 yesterday? Only 11 more to go. He could do that this season if they let him! Go Kyle Busch! :a1310: :mixed-smiley-010: :untroubled:

Terry
July 16th, 2017, 14:03
They should have removed the ability to win the purse if they win the race. The purse should have been reserved for the best finish by a series regular who really need the money to keep racing.

stansdds
July 17th, 2017, 01:48
Kyle has won a heck of a lot more in the Xfinity Series than he has won in the Cup Series. I, too, would like the see Kyle stop racing in the Xfinity Series, but I doubt he will. Thank goodness NASCAR now limits the number of Xfinity races in which a Cup driver with 5 years of Cup racing may participate.

wombat666
July 19th, 2017, 03:29
Tier 1 Supercar drivers are banned from the Tier 2 Dunlop development series, period.
Most of the Dunlop drivers who show promise get a ride as co-drivers in the Endurance rounds (IE Bathurst) and the really talented ones might end up in Tier 1 next year.
The Xfinity Series should be for new talent, not a money pool for Cup drivers and a 'Bums on Seats' lure for NASCAR Saturdays.
:banghead:

PRB
August 5th, 2017, 16:33
Yay! KB won at Watkins Glen! How many is this? 91? Just 9 more to go before the Xfinity series isn't a boring one leader race anymore. Dang, it just occurred to me, do you think he was serious about "retiring" from that series after winning 10o races?

Panther_99FS
August 5th, 2017, 17:48
Yay! KB won at Watkins Glen! How many is this? 91? Just 9 more to go before the Xfinity series isn't a boring one leader race anymore. Dang, it just occurred to me, do you think he was serious about "retiring" from that series after winning 10o races?

Uhm,
The top 3 drivers were Monster Energy Cup regulars...you can't squarely blame Kyle for Xfinity...

PRB
August 5th, 2017, 18:28
Yes I can. If KB is in an Xfinity race, he wins it. Almost every time. I used to like watching that series. I still do, when he isn't in it. If he is, I already know who wins, so I don't watch. No, that's not his fault. Just my experience as a fan.

eddie
August 5th, 2017, 18:54
NASCAR has changed the rules about Cup drivers participating in the Xfinity series.
"Beginning next season, drivers with more than five years of experience in the Monster Energy Series will be limited to seven races in the XFINITY Series, down from the 10-race maximum established for this season. Drivers at the same experience level will be restricted to five races per season in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, a reduction from the current seven-race cap.

The rules also make the regular-season finale and playoff events for the XFINITY Series and Camping World Truck Series in 2018 off limits for any driver earning championship points in the Monster Energy Series, regardless of experience. That marks a change from this year’s guidelines, which stipulate that Cup drivers with five-plus years’ experience are barred from the season-ending eight-race stretch, save for the championship races, which will be exclusive to those series’ participants."

http://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/07/31/nascar-2018-participation-guidelines-monster-energy-drivers-xfinity-series/

Daveroo
August 5th, 2017, 19:03
Yes I can. If KB is in an Xfinity race, he wins it. Almost every time. I used to like watching that series. I still do, when he isn't in it. If he is, I already know who wins, so I don't watch. No, that's not his fault. Just my experience as a fan.
until penski got caught cheating,bad brad or wonder bread were winning alot...for awhile it was all wonder bread...cant stand any of em

jamminjames
August 5th, 2017, 20:29
I can think of only one other driver that can spin and win! Gotta give him credit.....

Panther_99FS
August 6th, 2017, 02:35

So let's see...
Logano won in Vegas....
Larson won the Auto Cup..
Larson won Richmond...
Larson won Dover...
Almirola won Talledega...
Blaney won Charlotte...
Keselowski won Pocono...
Denny won in Michigan...

Sorry, but it's illogical to say the KB is the only Monster Energy Cup Driver that "ruins" Xfinity....:mixed-smiley-010:

PRB
August 6th, 2017, 03:38
It would be different if anyone could even come close to challenging him on a restart. Every time! It's like the whole field is sleeping on every restart with this guy. It's unbelievable. I guess he's a pretty good race car driver. I still hope he was serious, lol.

stansdds
August 6th, 2017, 04:34
I'm not a KB fan, never have been, never will be, but he does have talent behind the wheel.