PDA

View Full Version : Cfs2 hardware rendering

Warhawk1130
October 8th, 2008, 09:49
I am running on a p4 3.0 ghz with 2 megs ram and a NV7800GS card with 256 megs running the newest drivers.

I have been playing around for days with the CFG settings trying to smooth the scenery in the distance, namely the land class. When I am close, it looks wonderful, have been adding mesh to the solomons, farther in the distance, it is just a blurr of green with an outline.

In the old days, when I had an 800MHZ machine and 512megs of ram I could see out in the distance without any problems.

Any ideas?

OBIO
October 8th, 2008, 13:40
In the old days, you were young and your eye sight was good. Now you are old and need glasses! :costumes:

You may be overloading your graphics card. You can tell that you are when objects are not being rendered properly...such as the land being green or trees looking like boxes instead of trees. On the old system, you had twice the video/graphics memory and it could handle more. With 256 meg of graphics, the new card will not be able to handle as much detail rendering.

OBIO

Warhawk1130
October 8th, 2008, 14:11
The 512 was system memory. The old card in those days was 64 megs

The NV I am running now is 512 meg ram, and the last NV for a single AGP slot.

Good_2_Be
October 8th, 2008, 16:47
What is your monitor resolution set at in cfs2?

OBIO
October 8th, 2008, 17:26
Try sliding the visibility back a bit. Running high scenery detail and 50 mile visibility can over load even a 512 meg video card. I run my visibility at 20 to 25 miles, sometimes even as low as 15 miles depending on how I have the weather set up. But a 50 mile visibility is just too much really. I think in England, on a good day visibility is rated at less than 20 miles.

OBIO

Warhawk1130
October 8th, 2008, 19:57
What is your monitor resolution set at in cfs2?

60 hz, just like the monitor setting.