PDA

View Full Version : Post Edit Question

blanston12
June 29th, 2017, 10:01
Hi SOH, forum technical question for you. Today I re-read a post I wrote at 11:30pm last night and wanted to make a couple minor edits but today I can't figure out how to do that. A few days ago I was able to go back and correct some misspellings in a post I had done a day or two before, am I missing something or did something change.

PRB
June 29th, 2017, 10:57
Forum setting "Time limit on Editing Posts" is currently set to 400 (minutes). Or 6.6 hours.

blanston12
June 29th, 2017, 11:54
Forum setting "Time limit on Editing Posts" is currently set to 400 (minutes). Or 6.6 hours.
Did that change recently? It seems very short. Since these forum posts live for ever, if I have posted something incorrect and discovered it several days later I should be able to go back and correct it.

Roger
June 29th, 2017, 13:40
Did that change recently? It seems very short. Since these forum posts live for ever, if I have posted something incorrect and discovered it several days later I should be able to go back and correct it.

It's been that way for years, but if you really want to edit a post, just ask an admin who will do it for you.