PDA

View Full Version : Green

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
February 11th, 2009, 05:34
The
New Installer
(http://www.realflight.co.uk/download/RealFlightF6FvXa.exe) has a couple of more Skins included , i have a new favourite .<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
“ Its Green Captain “ .. there were also some uploaded to Avsim by other SOH members and i hope they can post a few pics to show off their work

empeck
February 11th, 2009, 05:40
Very nice, I like reflections on the fuselage.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
February 11th, 2009, 05:51
Nick did a great job on it , the new installer is available
HERE
(http://www.realflight.co.uk/download/RealFlightF6FvXa.exe) and contains all elements of the original .exe and the recent service pack (with revisions) as well as the paint kit and two new skins , the owners of the kitty need only to reload the installer and hit the throttle, the DOA.dll is off by default with instructions for turning it on in the docs.

spotlope
February 11th, 2009, 05:52
A Uruguayan Hellkitty! You don't see that very often. Looks nice.

Lewis-A2A
February 11th, 2009, 05:55
I don't think the reflections look right with a painted finished IMO.

I have a repaint of our aircraft in olive drab and am getting the same thing, you have to tweak the spec and alpha to get the more 'matt' look.

FSX really does let us creative type have a million different effects with so much ease. Good stuff!,...

...and yes it looks nice in green, better than blue in fact! :engel016:

spotlope
February 11th, 2009, 06:15
Lewis, don't let Helldiver hear you talking about matte finishes like that. He is pretty adamant that 'Kitties were as glossy as new Porsches. Me? I'm nearly old enough to give you a first-hand account. That's what he says, though.

Lewis-A2A
February 11th, 2009, 06:23
Yes i understand the blue ones may be shiney at first but I would have thought green would'nt be?

Now your confusing me, its the only thing stopping me uploading the few skins ive done lol

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
February 11th, 2009, 06:24
We would have needed to slow it down by 6 mph to use a matte finish ...

MudMarine
February 11th, 2009, 06:35
Blue is one thing, olive drab paint is another. Key word "drab"! Even the German's on the Eastern front tried to wax their 109's. It was thought that the smooth surface would increase the planes speed. Besides, what guy in their right mind wouldn't try to pimp his ride?!! hehe

harleyman
February 11th, 2009, 06:42
I'm not a big *Green* fan...But I must say this looks nice....:applause:

Craig Taylor
February 11th, 2009, 07:27
Hmmm..."aviation greens." :applause: Very nice!

JT8D-9A
February 11th, 2009, 10:02
Thanks a lot for the new update and the new repaints!

SolarEagle
February 11th, 2009, 12:50
I like flying the glossy ones my self, as it gives me the feel of driving my own personal sports car with tip top paint care. When I fly warbirds I always imagine modern day and my own personal hotrod, which is why I like the glossy blue one the best with the white triangle patterns, as it looks the most "sporty" to me. That's also why the factory fresh bare metal scheme is my favorite with the A2A Razoback.

Nice shots Nils.

stiz
February 11th, 2009, 20:25
Yes i understand the blue ones may be shiney at first but I would have thought green would'nt be?

Now your confusing me, its the only thing stopping me uploading the few skins ive done lol

I think the f5s onwards that where gloss blue where well polished, but the other marks where matt. Also they seemed to change from matt to gloss by late 43 early 44.

late 1942, F3:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/aa/F6F_early1943_camo.jpg

late 43, F3:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/33/F6F_Yorktown_green.jpg

1945, late war F5:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1f/F6F5_VF82_CV20.jpg

Post war target drone:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/F6F_target_drone.jpg

Allthough for a sea weary plane i still think the gloss on the kitty is more airshow like than real ops, allthough i'm sure helldiver will tear me to pieces on that :wave:

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
February 12th, 2009, 05:09
I like them when they look dirty , but see like a hawk...

JT8D-9A
February 12th, 2009, 12:13
I like Minsi - thanks Russ! :applause:

VCN-1
February 12th, 2009, 13:44
I like them when they look dirty , but see like a hawk...

I notice that it looks like an N version that does not have the red outline on the wing insignia.

Did RealFlight release an N version also?

VCN-1

Brushman
February 12th, 2009, 13:59
Am I missing something because the installer is asking for, Name, Email, license ID and Password. And I dont have the last 2.

vstudios
February 12th, 2009, 14:12
Hi, when did you purchase the Hellcat ?

Am I missing something because the installer is asking for, Name, Email, license ID and Password. And I dont have the last 2.

Brushman
February 12th, 2009, 14:20
Hi, when did you purchase the Hellcat ?
Oh my bad it's not freeware :hand: I thought it was to good to be true.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
February 12th, 2009, 15:18
I guess i better add one then , Real Flight didn't include the N version in their release but as Grumman made over 1500 of them and FSX supports radar i thought that i might have some fun chasing the bad boys with one, what can i say but they asked for it ..
Its going to be seen first on the WCATC servers going after a few Zero's tomorrow night ...

I notice that it looks like an N version that does not have the red outline on the wing insignia.

Did RealFlight release an N version also?

VCN-1

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
February 13th, 2009, 12:06
Still got a few hours to put in but the insignia is there although the reflection isnt , just a bit of wax ,
now for some grime , paint chips and a bit of wear .. maybe a patched bullet hole or two .

VCN-1
February 13th, 2009, 12:11
Nice textures.

VCN-1

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
February 14th, 2009, 09:56
A couple of more hours into the project , and weez gettin somewerz.

Next up is some nose art , i was thinking to call it " Snake Eyes " with a pair of dice, to represent a land based version as sent to Okinawa near the end of the Pacific war and part of the F6F-N group that was supposed to have set a record for longest over water ferry flight for a fighter.