PDA

View Full Version : Water Bombers and Firefighting

BendyFlyer
June 26th, 2017, 23:54
I happened to look at the Flight Replicas facebook page and noticed that FR (Mike) had done a firebomber version of the DC-4 as well. Looking at the screenshots showed an area on fire, water bomber drop etc. It occured to me that this good be a bit of fun in FSX, as there are other waterbombers in FSX about.

A couple of questions

How do you get fires on the ground at a specific area or areas in FSX with smoke and flames?

Does the aircraft have to be modelled for water bombing or is there an addon like TACPAK for this?

scotth6
June 27th, 2017, 02:17
There is a program called Firefighter X by Lorby Si which sounds like what you are looking for. I have had it for ages but only started using it recently with the Coulson 737 tanker. It is very enjoyable and appears to be highly customisable. You can start it up and it will create fires within your vicinity, and they will grow over time. Your initial parking spot is a refill point if you need to return to base to refill (with water or retardant), or you can also refill by flying low over a water source as some aircraft do. As I said, it can be customised also, so I think you could set a fire wherever you liked.

http://secure.simmarket.com/lorby-si-firefighter-x-fsx-p3d.phtml

Cheers,

BendyFlyer
June 27th, 2017, 03:57
Thanks for that I think I will have a look at it closely. Much more enjoyable putting fires out rather than starting them.