PDA

View Full Version : After the Section8 Sabre...

ColoKent
February 11th, 2009, 04:02
...I think everything else pales in comparison!

I am very impressed with that whole group. The airplane is a dream (and mind you, I'm flying the FS9 version in FSX), and feels like a real airplane. Typically, "fast movers" feel like garbage in FS...not so this baby!

Their latest Section8 website is professional looking and a joy to read, with a well-thought out development line of F-86s and FJ Furies that they hope to release in the future. The forum is filled with great posts by repainters, etc.

I believe these guys (and gals?) have set a new standard in our hobby.

Now all we need is a companion T-33 "hack" of similar quality that nearly all Sabre squadrons had "back in the day", and our 1950's day-fighter experience would be complete!

Well done, team!

Kent

crashaz
February 12th, 2009, 17:10
It's heavenly!

CanadaKen
February 12th, 2009, 17:44
Their latest Section8 website is professional looking and a joy to read
Do you have the URL for their site....I googled Section8 but didn't see their site pop up in the results.

CK

SolarEagle
February 12th, 2009, 17:48
I've been using the Alphasim FSX Saber, and enjoy it quite a bit, other than the VC, so I'll have to try this one. Is there anything needed to make it work in FSX?

EDIT: here's the site, its actualy section f8.

http://www.sectionf8.com/

ColoKent
February 12th, 2009, 17:58
....like the VC canopy not working, but I think there is a fix out there-- I've just been too lazy to find it and apply it. Overall, it works fine in FSX.

I agree-- it's awesome! Now we need a T-33A to go with it!

Kent

crashaz
February 12th, 2009, 21:37
I got it running with the canopy fix in... works like a charm!:wiggle: