PDA

View Full Version : F-86f flame effects....

Fibber
June 21st, 2017, 06:05
Does anyone know if there was ever a burner effect done that is similar to Kelti's effect for the "E" model? The plane I am looking at is the F-86-1_Sabrejet with modifications by Eric Hinson to suit Kirk Olsson's excellent FS9 Sabrejet model.
In adding the effects, on the line, O, O.O, O what numbers move the flame where? Can't seem to find a guide and get the numbers right to place the flame like the master Kelti did in the "E" model.

oldwheat
June 21st, 2017, 06:41
You could most likely 'copy & paste' the effects section from the DP of the Olssen E into the DP of the F.

Fibber
June 21st, 2017, 07:17
... tried that and it looks like the pilot in the "F" has a in-flight problem as the flame is showing through the fuselage forward of the vert. stab.

Captain Kurt
June 21st, 2017, 08:47
I assume you are describing the hardpoint location which is where the effect would appear in relation to the model. The location 0, 0, 0 is the exact center of the model. Let's call these locations X, Y, Z. It is relative to both the model and how the effect/part location is defined within itself.

X= left/right Y= up/down and Z= forward/back.

In addition a negative sign or lack of one indicates direction.
X= left
-X= right

Y= up
-Y= down

Z= forward
-Z= back

Trial and error moving it from there. Patience and best of luck.:very_drunk:

Fibber
June 26th, 2017, 12:53
...thanks for the reference guide. Finally got the flame where I want it but still get some bleed through the skin while at full power of the blue effect. Any way to correct this that you are aware of? Trying to do this to keep my sanity as just a few days ago I received two phone calls, one after the other. The first told me that my rotator cuffs have torn again (4th time), but can be repaired, The second informed me that I have some cancer that was found in some recent biopsies. What a nice day that was.
Now trying to find some oncologists who won't mess up the plumbing too much.

Captain Kurt
June 26th, 2017, 13:33
Hi Fibber

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it all turns out OK for you.

I think the only way you could adjust bleed through (if I am picturing it right in my head) would be to reduce the radius of the effect. That adjustment could be done by opening the effect file in notepad but that's beyond something I could attempt- Don't understand the programming well enough to tell what I was doing. Maybe someone else might have an answer how to do it for you.

Fibber
June 26th, 2017, 14:24
...well as far as the "effects" go we are both in the same boat. I don't have a clue on adjusting that radius. Just something that is annoying and, like I said, a diversion. Thanks for your help and your wishes.

BTW; I forgot to add that I found Bub's "F-86 Flame Effects" and that is what I am using. Bub are you here? Can your effect be adjusted \reduced to fit the converted Hinson\Olson F-86?

bub
June 28th, 2017, 15:33
Fibber,
Still here. Just lurking in the shadows for now. As far as the flame effects, I don't know how to reduce the size of the "flame". At one time I did have a smaller flame, unfortunately it got lost in the shuffle of past computers. Try these settings and see if this works. I tried to get Kelti's effects to work one time and had a similar problem as you. I renamed the file and did the adjustments, still no go. Maybe, someone out there with more knowledge than I have can figure it out. Sorry I can't be of further help.
Bob

[EXTRA.0]
; Left/Right, High/Low, Fore/Aft
location=0,.22,-6
effect=fx_eng_exhaust_gry

[EXTRA.1]
; Left/Right, High/Low, Fore/Aft
location=0,.22,-5.20
effect=fx_blue_flame