PDA

View Full Version : FlySimWare Install Problem

blanston12
June 20th, 2017, 21:57
Hi Flyers,

I have a couple of installers for some FlySimWare products, namely the C195 and Neiuport 24, and I have taken to the practice of not installing directly into the program folder, instead, where possible, to install into a temporary folder and then move the files myself to where I want them. I have setup my temporary folder, copying in the FSX.EXE and Prepar3d.EXE files along with folders for effects, gauges, sounds and SimObjects but these installers don't recognize them as folders they can install into. Does anyone have any idea what files they would need to be able to proceed?

Bjoern
June 23rd, 2017, 08:16
Had the same issue a while ago with another of their products and mentioned it in a conversation with the main dev. His comment was along the lines of "Can't tell you which files the installer is looking for to recognize a valid FSX folder due to product security" and nothing more. Since I absolutely hate being told how to organize my FSX add-ons by a payware company, the installer is one of the reasons I will think very hard and more than thrice before buying another of their products.