PDA

View Full Version : C-421 Golden Eagle

Bushpounder
June 17th, 2017, 14:06
Hi, all. Does anyone know if there is a good C-421 in production by anyone right now for FSX? The 421 seems to be a subject I have not run across yet, but certainly would like to. Those were / are very nice planes. Thanks for any help.

Don

SeanTK
June 17th, 2017, 16:15
Other than a very dated Flight1 rendition for FS2002 and 2004 (which may work in FSX but not sure), there is not.

Carenado and Alabeo do have the following from the 400-series.

Cessna 404 Titan
Cessna 441 Conquest II

Carenado also offers a Cessna 340.

Bushpounder
June 17th, 2017, 18:23
Thanks. I got them already. That old one is all that I found, and I don't want to go back that far for a model. Maybe someone will go for it.

Don

ToniJH
June 17th, 2017, 19:51
Flysimware have Cessna 402C

Bushpounder
June 17th, 2017, 20:18
Have it too! LOL! Thanks anyways!

Don

Flyboy208
June 17th, 2017, 21:45
Very surprised a Golden Eagle has never been done for FSX , such a super hot performing twin. Mike

Naismith
June 17th, 2017, 23:52
The flight 1 one works OK in FSX - it was among the first payware a/c I ever bought in FS2002. It was patched and patched and patched to FSX but the panel has restrictions from memory. Quite dated by today's standards.

MustangL2W
June 18th, 2017, 08:34
I pray all the time that Carenado or Alabeo tackle the 421. It was the "Standard" for cabin class piston twins... Probably still is. Amazing airplane, challenge to fly well and keep the mechanics happy.

Bushpounder
June 18th, 2017, 13:33
They have geared engines, and geared engines are very unforgiving.

Don

capceo
June 19th, 2017, 20:33
As a real world 414A owner, I can echo some of the previous comments that the 400 series Cessna is the "gold standard" of the cabin class twins. A very accurate way of putting it. Being a 414A owner also makes me extremely happy that I don't own a 421C. The performance gain is actually very small in 90% of circumstances. Negligible for all intents and purposes. What is substantially different, is the cost to own and operate each type. The 421C costs substantially more to own than the 414A, and burns more fuel to go basically the same speed. At 70% power, the 421C is only 7 knots faster than the 414A. Most 421C buyers would be totally fine with a 414A. Aside from the engines and the wing, its basically the exact same airplane. The 414A has a longer wing, which gives it a higher single engine service ceiling.

Bushpounder
June 20th, 2017, 04:05
That's all well and fine, but FS models are neither made or not made based on real world figures. It's a model that really doesn't exist in the modern FS world and needs to. There were twice as many 421s made as there were 414. If making FS planes were based on real world good / bad, 3/4 of them wouldn't exist! Another point - many of us older people flew aircraft that the newer generations may never see. It is great to have them made again.

Don

capceo
June 20th, 2017, 22:01
Woah. Wasn't expecting an...abrasive response. I was merely trying to bring some real world experience to the table with some information on how the two airplanes compare. The general consensus in the Twin Cessna community is that the 414A is the better airplane for a variety of reasons, but ultimately, they're two slightly different airplanes for two slightly different buyers.

As far as the new vs. old generation and getting to experience these aircraft, my 414A was built a few years before I was born, and it is expected that the Twin Cessna fleet will be in service comfortably for the next 25-30 years. There's a good chance that little tikes who are only seven or eight years old as we speak will get an opportunity to fly these airplanes before they finally go away.

To be honest, the two airplanes are so similar that bringing either one to the FS world would get the job done.

Bushpounder
June 21st, 2017, 01:53
No - not abrasive. Don't take it that way at all. Just an opinion and some facts. I want every Cessna, Piper, Aero Commander, and Beech twin made! LOL! I don't care if it barely made it over a fence. LOL! I flew many of them r/w and like to have them in the sim now. I worked for a Piper dealer and a Cessna dealer, AND a used aircraft dealer. I've seen a lot of nice twins over the years. Back in the 70s, in the Cessna line, the 421 ruled. That was the one people drooled over, as was the Duke and the Navajo line. I haven't seen a real Duke in years, but have it in my sim. They are almost gone compared to then. I know they are close, the 421 / 414, but it's the models within the family that I'm after. Some people collect Hot Wheels and want the same car in different colors. This is the same to me. 400 series, but I want all the variants. Again, no abrasion. I'd love to see a shot of your 414! They must be getting a little rare by now too.

Don

capceo
June 21st, 2017, 13:44
No - not abrasive. Don't take it that way at all. Just an opinion and some facts. I want every Cessna, Piper, Aero Commander, and Beech twin made! LOL! I don't care if it barely made it over a fence. LOL! I flew many of them r/w and like to have them in the sim now. I worked for a Piper dealer and a Cessna dealer, AND a used aircraft dealer. I've seen a lot of nice twins over the years. Back in the 70s, in the Cessna line, the 421 ruled. That was the one people drooled over, as was the Duke and the Navajo line. I haven't seen a real Duke in years, but have it in my sim. They are almost gone compared to then. I know they are close, the 421 / 414, but it's the models within the family that I'm after. Some people collect Hot Wheels and want the same car in different colors. This is the same to me. 400 series, but I want all the variants. Again, no abrasion. I'd love to see a shot of your 414! They must be getting a little rare by now too.

Don

Sounds like I took what you said the wrong way. My apologies!

The 414A hasn't showed any signs of getting rare just yet. There's over 50 of them for sale on Controller alone, and hundreds are still flying in the US alone.

Here's a shot from airliners.net of my 414A:
www.airliners.net/photo/Untitled/Cessna-414A-Chancellor/1678240/L

Here's a link to my YouTube channel if you'd like to come along in the cockpit with us, or just learn more about the 414A!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSSB2UYv2_BGjGD57gu4WcA

Bushpounder
June 21st, 2017, 14:38
She looks nice with winglets! Good looking plane. You're based out of Naples? I was based out of North Perry - Hollywood. I'll head back and look at the videos later. They look good!

Don

capceo
June 22nd, 2017, 23:26
She looks nice with winglets! Good looking plane. You're based out of Naples? I was based out of North Perry - Hollywood. I'll head back and look at the videos later. They look good!

Don

We're based at MGJ in NY, but we frequent Naples for business, and also have a home there.