PDA

View Full Version : Falcon409

sidler
June 15th, 2017, 07:26
Hi Ed

I have been loading you New England scenery into v4. Now I'm told not to do that, it could screw up v4! I should not do that until the scenery has been recompiled! What's your advice?

Dick

GaryGB
June 15th, 2017, 08:02
I'm not Ed, but, in theory it may prove helpful for "some" add-on scenery packages to be (re-)compiled with the P3D SDK specific to the version of Prepar3d in which a add-on scenery is intended to be used.

However, on a practical basis, unless certain 'special' scenery content (such as "Dynamic Lighting" etc.) that is specifically available / displayable only in a particular P3D version is actually implemented by the developer within that add-on scenery package, IMHO, there is NOT likely to be a significantly perceptible performance hit by using a add-on scenery package compiled for FSX ...with P3D v3 or P3Dv4 on a computer powerful enough to run either of those Prepar3d versions. :pop4:

I'd suggest still trying any of Ed's FSX SDK-compiled scenery packages in P3Dv4 anyway... it won't break anything. :encouragement:

FYI: A pertinent discussion thread on this topic at FSDeveloper: :icon_idea:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/according-to-this-porting-from-p3dv3-to-p3dv4-is-a-no-go.440336/

GaryGB

sidler
June 15th, 2017, 08:21
Hi GaryGB....thanks for the reply. I have been installing Ed's scenery for the last couple of day's without a hitch, no problems whatever. I also installed Flight Replica Super Cub Ultra also without a hitch. Every seems to be just fine.

Dick a.k.a. Sidler