PDA

View Full Version : Pilot's Boeing B314 Clipper in Development for P3Dv4 and FSX

SeanTK
June 13th, 2017, 14:06
Also posted this in P3D forum, but posting again for visibility. New B314 in development, P3D first, then FSX coming later. See the followin for dev screens from P3D:

http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2017/6/11/pilots-boeing-b314-clipper-and-fs-global-real-weather-v2

vortex
June 13th, 2017, 14:59
This is great news! Has to be one of my all-time favourite aircraft which I've really missed in FSX. Can't wait.

Roger
June 13th, 2017, 15:16
A must have:applause:

blanston12
June 13th, 2017, 15:25
Yeah! I have been looking for a good 314 for some time, definitely buying this one when its released. :jump:

Seahawk72s
August 17th, 2017, 07:26
The detail on the modeling is very impressive.
https://www.pilots.shop/Cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=9c96eb9a-0097-4083-be89-64f534a61a6e&pageid=017fac64-ff48-4139-8dd1-8dae8b5ab1f9

(https://www.pilots.shop/Cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=9c96eb9a-0097-4083-be89-64f534a61a6e&pageid=017fac64-ff48-4139-8dd1-8dae8b5ab1f9)

Cirrus N210MS
August 18th, 2017, 05:50
amazing looking i will get it too i think would go great with my catalina

vortex
August 19th, 2017, 07:35
Can't wait for this one! My all-time favourite flying boat. The original package included period scenery which I hope will come with the new version.

manfredc3
August 19th, 2017, 21:07
Isn't this a great year for prop lovers.

I am in a constant state of excitement with all these great projects and released of different vintage prop planes, like the PMDG DC-6 for FSX, A2A's Constellation, AH/Just Flight's C-47, Milton with multiple great releases and so on.

Man, I am in vintage prop heaven :redfire:

roger-wilco-66
August 19th, 2017, 21:56
I second Manfreds post, couldnt't say it better. Looks gorgeous. Sure buy for me.

Cheers,
Mark

Anthin
August 19th, 2017, 22:04
OH NO !:dizzy:

The moths are already starving in my wallet.
I am going to start selling my body.

Anthin...Prop Lover.

Crusader
August 20th, 2017, 04:48
Isn't this a great year for prop lovers.

Man, I am in vintage prop heaven :redfire:

I'll slide in here too . Totally agree . Really looking forward to all of these . Especially all that Milton has released and will be releasing . The B314 Clipper a favorite :encouragement:

Rich

Crusader
August 20th, 2017, 05:28
Can't wait for this one! My all-time favourite flying boat. The original package included period scenery which I hope will come with the new version.

Was this Bill Lyons you are refering too ? I think I remember a AI B314 . This man was waaaaay ahead of his time in the AC and scenery making . What an icon in the flightsim business .

Rich

stovall
August 20th, 2017, 05:42
This aircraft is history and a fantastic addition to our hobby. Bring it on!!!

YoYo
August 20th, 2017, 05:57

and the main Hero ;- ) of this book which I read this year:

https://www.imusic.dk/gfx/item/image/596/9781447220596/ken-follett-2012-night-over-water-bog-med-limet-ryg.jpg

For me Short Sunderland and Boeing Clipper missing always for FS/P3D...
Dont know why developers don't like them ;).

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/11/29/a0/1129a018140473ef6179a59ebae445c1--english-channel-short-sunderland.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/1c/d8/73/1cd87330c1221b27a2c74974681e229a.jpg

Both was a beauty beasts.

gojozoom
August 20th, 2017, 14:28
I think one of the reasons they never made them for our virtual skies was the "limited" water physics in FSX/P3D.

Remember when Aerosoft brought out the Catalina? Everyone complained about the poor water handling - those problems had nothing to do with their Catalina, it was FSX...

However, Accu-Feel changed that all, so it's good to go now :)

Milton Shupe
August 20th, 2017, 15:55

I agree Tom; this looks awesome! :jump:

Happy they chose the B314 as I have the M130 on my list to do. :-)

However, secretly, I wish that they have the M130 in the wings awaiting assessment of sales for the 314. :-)

vortex
August 20th, 2017, 16:27
Was this Bill Lyons you are refering too ? I think I remember a AI B314 . This man was waaaaay ahead of his time in the AC and scenery making . What an icon in the flightsim business .

Rich

No, the original Pilot's B314. It came with a number of period flying boat bases. However, I also had Bill's Golden Hawaii package with the Sikorsky S-43 - another excellent flying boat with some great scenery.

llanning08
August 21st, 2017, 08:27
Bill Lyons created his Classic IX Grumman Goose Adventure Package (payware, now freeware) for FS2004.

In this package are a series of adventures based on the old TV series: Tales of the Gold Monkey. In several of these adventures, an AI B314 Clipper is featured.

This now freeware package has been ported to FSX. It is well worth a look, as Bill Lyons packages have aged well and reflect his incredible and timeless flight sim art. His Golden Hawaii package is also a great adventure in FSX, and features the S-43 "baby Clipper", as well as many other period aircraft and a blimp too!

vortex
August 21st, 2017, 15:03
His Golden Hawaii package is also a great adventure in FSX, and features the S-43 "baby Clipper", as well as many other period aircraft and a blimp too!

And animated whales too, if my memory serves me correct!

Just to add to my earlier comment about period scenery with the original Pilot's B314, this from a review when it was released:

"They have also included 14 sceneries of the original Pan American Marine Terminals around the world. Each scenery or terminal design was taken from the original blueprints used to build the actual facilities in the 1930s, so their authenticity is guaranteed, plus the manual includes a copy of each facilities' (only those locations included with this add-on package) original blueprint! The Marine Air Terminal (Seaplane Bases) locations included with this package are; Auckland, Bermuda, Botwood, Canton, Foynes, Guam, Horta, Manila, Noumea, Pearl Harbor, Shediac, Southampton, Wake Island, and Treasure Island (San Francisco)"

I have an original copy of the PanAm Clipper route timetables from July 1938 at the ready!

Anthin
August 21st, 2017, 16:31
It would be great to have the Foynes base
in the West of Ireland.

Anthin.:jump:

vortex
September 15th, 2017, 10:43
Latest from Pilot's:

On the aircraft side we anticipate the B314 - The Clipper to be released this fall. We have started plans for a Martin Mars and target a late 2018 release.

stearmandriver
September 15th, 2017, 15:19
Thanks for the update. I'm REALLY looking forward to this one (though I'm still stuck on FSX so sounds like I may be waiting a bit longer than some). To my mind, the flying boat era was hands down the most "romantic" period of aviation; wild, remote adventures mingled with international politics and intrigue across both oceans. I've been wanting to recreate the original China Clipper flight since I got into simming (Alameda - Honolulu - Midway - Wake - Guam - Manilla) . I've made several long flights between tiny pacific islands using only dead reckoning and sextant shots and it works great, so period navigation is absolutely doable (and would be even more reliable supplemented with the early HF direction finding equip Pan Am used, guess we could substitute NDBs)... just need a suitable flying boat now! (And man I'm looking forward to Milton's M-130, the REAL original China Clipper!)

The other half of the equation is period scenery, especially for Midway and Wake. Those atolls with clear landing areas blasted out of the coral heads in the lagoons, and the big piers and Pan Am hotels would be awesome! I guess the original FS9 Pilots 314 came with something like that?

Anyway, I sure hope this model turns out as good as it looks!

BendyFlyer
September 16th, 2017, 00:56
StearmanDriver in the interim you might want to look at the CalClassic Scenery it has a number of vintage ports used in the Pacific and with the FSX libraries fixed it goes well into FSX (well most of it) check out the thread on CalClassic forum about FSX compatible scenery. I am remaining with FSX for the time being and I am a flying boat, amphibian and floatplane afficionado, as long as it has props. So there is now quite a good collection of these 'boats with wings'. JBK has a great selection of all the old ones which I flip into occasionally.

There is also the McCoy water effects latest version which is also helpful getting the spray and wakes but I also discovered a really nice spray-wake that came with the OZX Grumman Goose Redux which is pretty damn good as well.

It will be really nice to have a well modelled FSX version of the Boeing Clipper who knows others may come eventually but then again maybe not. Those I am unhappy with I get to work on and try and either modernise them or get the VC layout right and do some limited texture work as well.

FWIW I came across a gem of a Sikorksy S42 (s42nc822.zip. and s42nc822-fsx-ver2 at FlightSim.com) it was originally a MS 2004 model which has now been converted over to FSX. Not bad at all decent VC and has a nice cabin and views as well, uses the default DC-3 sounds but I am now looking for an appropriate sound package to fix that. This one went across the Pacific in 1937 and met up with the Shorts Empire boat, Centaurus, in Auckland. The S42 I must say was a real surprise as it is well very good, not sure about the bona fides of the panel, but the issue there is there are no pictures of the original panel to use in existance.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53923&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53924&stc=1

If your using FSX for this era of flying boat have a look at my reworked Shorts C Class and Sunderland Mark V both here in the Library. Very limited what one can do with VC and textures but both have given me nice FSX models.

llanning08
September 16th, 2017, 03:58
Attached is a photo of a Sikorsky S-42 flight deck. Not sure where I found it, had it since May 2011.

stearmandriver
September 16th, 2017, 18:39
Bendy, thanks for those aircraft suggestions! That S-42 looks really good, and heck, that's actually the first aircraft Musick took on the Pacific Clipper route as a proving run for Pan Am, so using it would be really cool.

I had looked at the Calclassics scenery. They've done a great job, but don't appear to have any period stuff for Wake, Midway, Guam or Manilla. I'd say Wake and Midway are the two most necessary. I'd be glad to do the landscaping myself, but my 3d object creation skills are non existent lol.

Seahawk72s
September 16th, 2017, 20:36
Those I am unhappy with I get to work on and try and either modernise them or get the VC layout right and do some limited texture work as well.......

FWIW I came across a gem of a Sikorksy S42 (s42nc822.zip. and s42nc822-fsx-ver2 at FlightSim.com) it was originally a MS 2004 model which has now been converted over to FSX. Not bad at all decent VC and has a nice cabin and views as well, uses the default DC-3 sounds but I am now looking for an appropriate sound package to fix that........

Imagine a set of polished metal external textures and new textures for the 2D and VC panel...

Seahawk72s
September 16th, 2017, 20:39

However, secretly, I wish that they have the M130 in the wings awaiting assessment of sales for the 314. :-)

She, an M-130, would be a beauty....(Compliments of Ron Cole)

BendyFlyer
September 17th, 2017, 00:24
I also came across the Sikorsky S44 this was a surprise as well as it has a fully modeled interior including the FE, Radio Operator and Navigator Stations as well as the passenger cabin. I think the textures and paints could do with an experts touch but hard to ignore this one either.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53975&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53976&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53977&stc=1

vortex
September 17th, 2017, 07:03
I had looked at the Calclassics scenery. They've done a great job, but don't appear to have any period stuff for Wake, Midway, Guam or Manilla. I'd say Wake and Midway are the two most necessary.

The original Pilot's B314 included period scenery for Wake, Guam and Manilla but not Midway for some reason. Hopefully the new package will.

triflyman
September 17th, 2017, 12:50
The original Pilot's B314 included period scenery for Wake, Guam and Manilla but not Midway for some reason. Hopefully the new package will.

CalClassic has Wake and Guam. Look in Asia-Pacific in the individual list of all airports in "Scenery".

stearmandriver
September 17th, 2017, 18:11
CalClassic has Wake and Guam. Look in Asia-Pacific in the individual list of all airports in "Scenery".

Ah hah, thank you for that. I had looked on this page:
http://www.calclassic.com/scenery.htm#Oceania

... and they weren't there. I didn't go quite deep enough down the rabbit hole ;-).

Josh Patterson
September 17th, 2017, 20:11
Oh boy, looks like Lake Winnebago is going to get a little more crowded! Hopefully no one does a Hughes H-4...Oh wait, there's still room on Lake Butte des Morts!:applause:

BendyFlyer
September 18th, 2017, 00:17
Imagine a set of polished metal external textures and new textures for the 2D and VC panel...

Seahawk I do, I do, but alas that is beyond my capacity as a re-painter (the right program and skills), I call it a bit of a dark art getting metal textures right, there are a few folk who do it very well here at the Outhouse but I would not be so forward as to ask. And you can make stupid mistakes like the Shorts Empire, which I thought was polished metal but it turned out that they were not bare metal but were indeed painted with a sort of matt silver-white colour all over, so the original texture colouring was correct. Finding data or even a colour photograph of this era of aeroplane is nigh impossible but I came across a series colour shots taken by LIFE magazine in New York in the 1930's which was a real bonus.

SH427
September 18th, 2017, 09:54
which I thought was polished metal but it turned out that they were not bare metal but were indeed painted with a sort of matt silver-white colour all over

Isn't that doping over canvas surfaces? Haven't seen the a/c in question but a silvery white is usually the sign of doping, especially in aircraft of that timeframe, IIRC

BendyFlyer
September 18th, 2017, 15:10
Isn't that doping over canvas surfaces? Haven't seen the a/c in question but a silvery white is usually the sign of doping, especially in aircraft of that timeframe, IIRC
Agree, but in the case of the Shorts it was an all metal construction, it was an interesting choice of paint scheme, quite frugal, the silver-white all over with just the odd big of lettering and a couple of meagre stripes here and there. Have a look at this one:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54021&stc=1

BendyFlyer
September 18th, 2017, 15:17
Anyway after this digression onto flying boats generally. Having a look at the pre-release pictures at the web site, it certainly looks well advanced. One thing in particular caught my eye the fact that it seems they have modelled mooring buoys with ropes to the aircraft, that is a first I think. The interior is impressive. Another golden bird awaited with happy anticipation.

Just a note on George Diemer the maker of the Sikorskys, I have had a little correspondence with him and he is still about but has done no more modelling since 2011. Given the tools he had and the state of the sims back then, his S44 and S42 are very impressive indeed a lot of time and effort obviously went into them. His rendition of period working radios is amazing actually. In fact I would go so far as to say were they given a makeover texture wise these models would be the equal of modern releases in FSX.

stearmandriver
December 12th, 2017, 01:21
Wonder what happened to a fall release? Anyone heard anything? :confusion:

Seahawk72s
December 12th, 2017, 05:40
From their web site...

So, what is coming?

On the aircraft side we anticipate the B314 - The Clipper to be released this fall. We have started plans for a Martin Mars and target a late 2018 release.

triflyman
December 12th, 2017, 06:39
I sent an email early last week and have heard nothing. Would be nice to know if development still going on.

vortex
December 12th, 2017, 10:25
I've sent them 2 emails over the past 2 months but haven't received replies to either, which is a shame. I'd like to think that they're still pressing on with the new B314 but it would have been useful to have more updates on their web site as there's been nothing new since the original announcement.

vortex
January 10th, 2018, 07:57
As they've now seriously missed the "fall 2017" release date, I sent them another email recently but, as with my previous emails, I've had no response. It may just be very poor customer relations but, with no updates on their web site for many months, it's starting to look a little dead-in-the-water (no pun intended). Still hoping...

jeansy
January 10th, 2018, 08:59
As they've now seriously missed the "fall 2017" release date, I sent them another email recently but, as with my previous emails, I've had no response. It may just be very poor customer relations but, with no updates on their web site for many months, it's starting to look a little dead-in-the-water (no pun intended). Still hoping...

its not uncommon for devs to ignore status request emails, take aerosoft for example they are getting bombarded daily regarding the A320 and A330 on their forum alone, VS and their B25 or VRS and the TACPACK for 64bit

vortex
January 10th, 2018, 16:48
Update to my last post. After emailing recently to find out if there was any update on the progress of the B314 v2, I received this today from Stefan Schaefer at PILOT'S:

"Unfortunately nothing than we work on it and proceed, though slower than anticipated. Definitely coming."

Great news.

stearmandriver
January 10th, 2018, 17:18
Great news, thanks for the update!

Seahawk72s
January 27th, 2018, 14:28
No new updates that I have heard about.
I did find that GLCTextures has done some work on the 314. Sad that its dated but
still interesting to see.
https://www.facebook.com/glctextures/photos/ms.c.eJw9ycENADEIA7CNThQIIfsvVolr~_7QcwqKg9PJF~_2J MG0PHVSbvjvfxf12TELJx3DmfzzFPbfz4Ft8~-.bps.a.395179550928841.1073741837.395025714277558/395179594262170/?type=3&theater

(https://www.facebook.com/glctextures/photos/ms.c.eJw9ycENADEIA7CNThQIIfsvVolr~_7QcwqKg9PJF~_2J MG0PHVSbvjvfxf12TELJx3DmfzzFPbfz4Ft8~-.bps.a.395179550928841.1073741837.395025714277558/395179594262170/?type=3&theater)

CanadaKen
February 1st, 2018, 14:23
Wow......great news!!!!!!!!!!!

CK

vortex
May 26th, 2018, 06:29
Another update, this time from the Pilot's website: "On the aircraft side we anticipate the B314 - The Clipper to be released this fall. We have started plans for a Martin Mars and target a late 2018 release". Later than expected but, hopefully, worth the wait.

stearmandriver
May 26th, 2018, 20:31
Another update, this time from the Pilot's website: "On the aircraft side we anticipate the B314 - The Clipper to be released this fall. We have started plans for a Martin Mars and target a late 2018 release". Later than expected but, hopefully, worth the wait.

Vortex, reference your post from September 15 on page one of this thread. Is it possible there hasn't been an update? :-(

vortex
May 27th, 2018, 08:47
Vortex, reference your post from September 15 on page one of this thread. Is it possible there hasn't been an update? :-(

They did start their news update with "Well, that is new for us. We publish a Road Map for 2018 ..." which I don't think was there previously. It preceded the quote I gave above. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that the info in my post on 11 Jan 18 is correct.

blanston12
May 27th, 2018, 09:10
I fear this is another example of

1) Real world events/motivations pull them away from sim projects
2) They announce with great fanfare they are back and working on sim projects again.
3) Repeat step 1

stearmandriver
May 27th, 2018, 12:06
They did start their news update with "Well, that is new for us. We publish a Road Map for 2018 ..." which I don't think was there previously. It preceded the quote I gave above. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that the info in my post on 11 Jan 18 is correct.

Me too; thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to this one.

YoYo
August 21st, 2018, 21:42
So, no new news about this project? I dont see any new info since the project was announced.

http://scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/26220625_395179734262156_5628977711363374794_o.jpg ?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=6b78051ebffd758c25de918eb88c6b2c&oe=5C3ABA56

Seahawk72s
March 24th, 2019, 07:06

Hi Milton,
Any thoughts about revisiting this aircraft..?

Milton Shupe
March 29th, 2019, 16:12
Hi Milton,
Any thoughts about revisiting this aircraft..?

SH72, my enthusiasm and initiative for long, drawn-out projects is waning badly and I am slowly working towards hanging up my tools. :-)

Hopefully someone else can step up to the plate to deliver this beauty.

Thanks for asking.

FlyingsCool
March 29th, 2019, 17:14
Looks pretty far along.... What's she need?

Milton Shupe
March 30th, 2019, 10:06
Looks pretty far along.... What's she need?

LOL AFAIK, that is a real world picture or graphic, not a sim screenshot. No one I know of has done an M130 for FSX/P3D

stearmandriver
March 30th, 2019, 12:13
Er...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMtqQ_JsCX4Kf9OpS8Tj6QolWk8NahOmy

M130 in China Clipper livery for FSX available at CalClassic. The textures are certainly dated by today's standards, but she flies well enough. Performance numbers are spot on, quite good enough for long distance dead reckoning supplemented with celestial nav. She's been great for the re-creation videos.

I also would sure love a B-314 with a virtual cockpit though. I had high hopes for this Pilot's project, dunno if it's been abandoned or what.

Seahawk72s
April 2nd, 2019, 07:40
SH72, my enthusiasm and initiative for long, drawn-out projects is waning badly and I am slowly working towards hanging up my tools. :-)

Completely understandable give your herculean efforts to flight sim endeavors. It will be a very sad day when this happens.

mgchrist5
May 8th, 2019, 10:04
A pleasant surprise to those who thought this was abandoned! Per the developer:

...the aircraft will be released for FSX in addition to P3D, and that a release is currently scheduled for July.

https://fselite.net/previews/pilots-boeing-314-clipper-previewed/

Seahawk72s
May 8th, 2019, 14:19
A pleasant surprise to those who thought this was abandoned! Per the developer:

https://fselite.net/previews/pilots-boeing-314-clipper-previewed/

Wow...! Nice catch, this is great news...! :applause::applause::applause:

blanston12
May 8th, 2019, 22:52
That's great news, after there announcement two years ago and nothing since I had written them off as dead. As long as they give it a reasonable price I will find it a place in my hanger.

jmbiii
May 9th, 2019, 14:30
Great time o' day !! I'll try to be first in line when released !! :running:

stearmandriver
May 9th, 2019, 23:14
This is really good news! Thanks much for the update; I've been looking forward to this one for 2 years now! I really thought for sure she'd been abandoned.

According to discussion on their Facebook page, the developer claims "full" system modeling and says he'd call it "study level". Also, FDE by Alexander Metzger. Sounds pretty promising!

cavaricooper
May 10th, 2019, 03:44
This is really good news! Thanks much for the update; I've been looking forward to this one for 2 years now! I really thought for sure she'd been abandoned.

According to discussion on their Facebook page, the developer claims "full" system modeling and says he'd call it "study level". Also, FDE by Alexander Metzger. Sounds pretty promising!

Andy-

I'd buy a brick $&!#house if Alex Metzger did the FDE- he's that good! Also looking forward to this old girl....

Best- C

mal998
May 11th, 2019, 08:51
C, what other work has Metzger done. I'd like to try out some of his FDEs.

Alan_A
May 11th, 2019, 09:38
@mal998 - he did the FDE for the Manfred Jahn C-47, C-117 and Basler BT-67, the PMDG DC-6, and both Antonov AN-2 "Anuschkas" (Sibwings/AT Simulations and Octopus-G/Aerosoft). All of them feel like real, physical objects moving in an air mass, as opposed to code behaving like code. To me he's in a class with Rob Young and Bernt Stolle - I'm sure there are a couple of others whose names I'm not remembering, but it's a small club. At the moment I'm spending way more time on his airplanes than anybody else's. I had no idea he was working on this one but now that I know it... I'm in!

cavaricooper
May 12th, 2019, 10:51
Alan-

Alex Metzger succeeds in divesting one from the feel of equations and maths, and translating one into full flight feel- 'tis a very small club indeed :)

Best- C

Alan_A
May 14th, 2019, 07:41
Alex Metzger succeeds in divesting one from the feel of equations and maths...

Couldn't have put it better. There are plenty of sim aircraft - including prestigious high-end ones - where you can hear and feel the calculations running in the background. Little digital bumps, so to speak, when the aircraft shifts into a different flight mode. Makes you really appreciate what Alex, Bernt, Rob and a handful of others have managed to accomplish.

stearmandriver
May 14th, 2019, 17:43
I knew Metzger was very well regarded, but I did not know he did the C-47 FDE... oh my. I'm very very tempted by the latest Anaschuka offering as well, knowing how Carl loves her...

But you guys are getting me even more psyched up for this 314! Maybe another re-creation video series of an almost forgotten real-life flying boat flight? Who's read "The Long Way Home"? :D

jmbiii
May 15th, 2019, 08:07
Who's read "The Long Way Home"? :D

At least twice and Night Over Water by Ken Follett a couple of times, too.

stearmandriver
May 23rd, 2019, 13:50
May 11th; another teaser picture posted of her laying at moorings...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158019040223514&id=26063953513

cavaricooper
May 23rd, 2019, 16:23
I'm glad she made that meeting Andy! What a poor advert photo :(

Best- C

stearmandriver
June 23rd, 2019, 00:49
A little teaser video was released; unfortunately all external shots. I mean they look good, I just really want to see the flight deck and interior! :)

B314 footage starts around 1:16
https://youtu.be/X2h-LFAjqks

vortex
June 24th, 2019, 09:08
B314 footage starts around 1:16
https://youtu.be/X2h-LFAjqks

I have to say that, apart from some reflections, it doesn't look much different from the old version - it still looks more like the FS2004 version than something all-new. A few rivets on the cowlings but virtually none on the wings or fuselage. The engines and prop hubs look very basic as well compared to most recent offerings. It all looks a bit cartoony to me. I just hope that this is a very early version.

blanston12
June 24th, 2019, 09:37
I was disappointed to see only exteriors also, the VC is really the most important part of the model so without seeing that its a bit pointless, but good to see there is still some activity there, I had given them up for dead.

YoYo
August 6th, 2019, 10:44
New pictures (FSElite), looks like still a lot of work...

http://i.imgur.com/O8AF5sgm.jpg (https://imgur.com/O8AF5sg) http://i.imgur.com/0CcvaPDm.jpg (https://imgur.com/0CcvaPD)
http://i.imgur.com/AszroiBm.jpg (https://imgur.com/AszroiB) http://i.imgur.com/TVJSQ9Nm.jpg (https://imgur.com/TVJSQ9N)
http://i.imgur.com/cdvHJdzm.jpg (https://imgur.com/cdvHJdz) http://i.imgur.com/g7yJ1Uim.jpg (https://imgur.com/g7yJ1Ui)

YoYo
August 6th, 2019, 10:45
http://i.imgur.com/yNUmnOfm.jpg (https://imgur.com/yNUmnOf) http://i.imgur.com/0Yeu8bvm.jpg (https://imgur.com/0Yeu8bv)

stearmandriver
August 6th, 2019, 18:34
Beat me to it, YoYo. Yep, still looks like very much a WIP, but at least it's being worked on. And, the effort and detail that went into modeling all the different crew stations gives me hope that there's decent systems fidelity modeled. I don't need a new toy in the middle of summer anyway, to keep me up all night... an October release would work out fine. 😁

Vitus
August 7th, 2019, 09:09
Oh wow, those are some really early shots hu? Quite frankly this is a tad disappointing, I was hoping they had made more progress by now....

cavaricooper
August 7th, 2019, 09:53
It looks more like an Xmas release, than October Andy...

Still- I hope they do it justice!

C

mgchrist5
November 16th, 2019, 02:52
Some more progress! This looks like a day-one purchase for certain. Per the Pilot's FB page:

Release time ... we expect it to be soon! https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/t4c/1/16/1f642.png

https://www.facebook.com/pilotsgesmbh/posts/10158559828973514?__tn__=H-R

vortex
November 18th, 2019, 13:05
Some more progress! This looks like a day-one purchase for certain. Per the Pilot's FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/pilotsgesmbh/posts/10158559828973514?__tn__=H-R

Sadly, they've been saying this for the past 2 years. I wonder if the upcoming new MSFS will affect sales of this. Perhaps they should think of developing it for the new sim - that would potentially be a real winner!

stearmandriver
November 19th, 2019, 08:07
Thanks for the update... still looking forward to it!

BendyFlyer
November 19th, 2019, 23:49
Yep , me too.

SH427
October 17th, 2020, 12:01
fortunately, a small update! Something I noticed recently in my perusal of things I can now afford (If they ever see the light of day) I was surprised to find a few new tabs on the 314 page, including a Downloads tab with manuals and documentation! (And a paper model, which I now need to figure out how to print) a features tab with some info and an updated screenshot page, which has some lovely views of the cockpit. https://www.pilots.shop/Cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=9c96eb9a-0097-4083-be89-64f534a61a6e I'm personally left to assume that release is reasonably imminent, if the manuals are out it mustn't be really far behind.Sadly, it looks like FSX has left the picture and they are focusing primarily on P3d 4.5+

Seahawk72s
October 17th, 2020, 13:03
Thanks for the good catch about this aircraft coming to production.!
Sad for me as I only have FSX as it does look good enough to spend the money on.

For those in the same situation its definitely worth downloading the documentation as it quite extensive,
especially the aircraft history with lots of photos, drawings and memorabilia from the time.

https://www.pilots.shop/Cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=9c96eb9a-0097-4083-be89-64f534a61a6e&pageid=81d0f373-abf7-47d6-bdf7-24de51c1e2a7

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=79536&stc=1
(https://www.pilots.shop/Cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=9c96eb9a-0097-4083-be89-64f534a61a6e&pageid=81d0f373-abf7-47d6-bdf7-24de51c1e2a7)

WarHorse47
October 17th, 2020, 14:23
Looks real nice, but I'm not seeing where this product is being developed for FSX,

Perhaps this entire thread needs to be moved to the P3D forum. :mixed-smiley-027:

SH427
October 17th, 2020, 14:38
Looks real nice, but I'm not seeing where this product is being developed for FSX,

Perhaps this entire thread needs to be moved to the P3D forum.

I'd say you are correct, as FSX was certainly a focus at the start but the move to PBR has put this one out past the fence so to speak!

Desert Rat
October 19th, 2020, 11:47
Perhaps this entire thread needs to be moved to the P3D forum. :mixed-smiley-027:

There is already a thread in the P3D forum, so probably wise to leave it here until we know for sure it's not for FSX. Which would be a crying shame if that was the case.

Priller
October 19th, 2020, 13:08
I'm afraid FSX is indeed out of the loop guys.

These days, no one is developing for FSX anymore. With the advent of MSFS, P3D v4.x/v5.x and MSFS are the sims that any payware developer who wants to make a living is looking at. FSX just isn't financially viable anymore.

This is of course just my humble opinion.

Priller

gojozoom
October 19th, 2020, 15:40
I agree - I'm still using FSX though, not ready for that big hardware upgrade yet, but I think there are so many addons for it that I have everything I'll ever need. I was really looking forward to the Clipper, but I understand why it's not gonna be available for such an outdated platform - it is what it is. To me the only pain point is the unfinished Vega from Wing42 - myself and quite a few other people jumped onboard with and bought the Beta at full price thinking that we'll get a finished product at some point. The developer pretty much abandoned it at version 0.85 (still buggy and unfinished) and jumped on the MSFS bandwagon (actually working on a second addon for it now). He doesn't even communicate on the support forum anymore. It does bother me that he just took the money, but hey, that's not the first kickstart project that never fully delivered...