PDA

View Full Version : General question about JF F4F-3/4

SSI01
June 6th, 2017, 09:45
I am looking for someone who has some knowledge of a Just Flight offering.

I have in my FSX hangar the Just Flight F4F Wildcat collection that includes the -3 and -4 models. There are also add-ons to the basic collection that are supposed to offer additional textures and maybe models as well to the basic collection. From what I can see, however, those add-ons are in some cases duplications of textures already available in the basic package. Before I buy any of these add-ons, is there anyone on the forum who can tell me if my suspicions are correct? That is, if I buy the add-ons, I'm actually getting at least partially some textures I already have for this aircraft in the basic package?

DaveB
June 6th, 2017, 10:03
Hello mate,

I bought the Wildcat and Martlet set (https://www.justflight.com/product/wildcat-and-martlet) and looking through packs a, b and c.. there seems to be some overlap and each pack is a standalone.. it doesn't require any of the others to function. A slightly odd way to do things and confusing. So.. if you buy pack A.. you'll probably end up buying the same models with slightly different paints if you buy pack B or C. My advice would be to check carefully the paints/models you have in the pack you have and check them against the pack you want to buy.

ATB
DaveB:)

dhasdell
June 6th, 2017, 10:06
I think all the packs include some F3F-3 and F3F-4. Take a good look at the JF site to see what each pack includes:
https://www.justflight.com/searchresults?category=products&query=f4f

Portia911
June 6th, 2017, 14:16
I don't own these, but from what I've read on the JF site, the 'Wildcat and Martlet' set is effectively the A+B packs combined, whereas the C pack would contain additional versions.
As Dave says, each pack is a stand-alone, so I always thought it would be savvy to buy the cheaper C pack first, and if I was happy with it, get the 'Wildcat and Martlet' (sometimes on sale at JF and elsewhere) later. But I haven't pulled the trigger on any of them at this time.

WarHorse47
June 6th, 2017, 14:35
I don't own these, but from what I've read on the JF site, the 'Wildcat and Martlet' set is effectively the A+B packs combined, whereas the C pack would contain additional versions.
As Dave says, each pack is a stand-alone, so I always thought it would be savvy to buy the cheaper C pack first, and if I was happy with it, get the 'Wildcat and Martlet' (sometimes on sale at JF and elsewhere) later. But I haven't pulled the trigger on any of them at this time.I do own these and you are correct. After getting the "Wildcat and Martlet" set I later did a comparison of the various textures between that, and the other 3 packages. Pack A and B are part of the original set, but Pack C has different textures. After purchasing Pack C, I ended up moving the textures to my original 'Wildcat and Martlet' set.

If you go this route, I recommend also getting the sound set from Skysong Soundworks. A definite improvement and creates a more immersive aircraft.

SSI01
June 6th, 2017, 14:48
Thanks, everyone, for the additional info.

Re: Skysong - Is the new sound under "Wildcat" or "R-1820?"

DaveB
June 6th, 2017, 14:54
Thanks Portia and WH. So Pack C is the odd one out:encouragement: It works out to £9.20 for 6 paints for owners of the 'Wildcat and Martlet' set which I suppose isn't bad.

I bought that soundset a while back and was a bit disappointed. They always sound much better in the promo vids.. strange but true.

ATB

DaveB
June 6th, 2017, 14:56
Thanks, everyone, for the additional info.

Re: Skysong - Is the new sound under "Wildcat" or "R-1820?"

Hello mate..

It's listed as https://www.fspilotshop.com/skysong-soundworks-grumman-f4ffm-wildcat-audio-p-5399.html?osCsid=9bpki2c5aefols02jhlrlsdqa5 at FSPS

ATB

WarHorse47
June 6th, 2017, 15:28
OR, directly from the source..

http://skysongsoundworks.com/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=66

Bomber_12th
June 6th, 2017, 16:57
Speaking of Wildcat sound...

If you have any of the Ant's Airplanes T-28 Trojans, put that soundset into the JF Wildcat. I did a long, long while back, and having heard FM-2 Wildcats flying/operating for years and years, it is the perfect soundset for the Wildcat (higher quality and more accurate to my ears than the payware soundset product linked to in this thread). I fly the JF Wildcat a lot more now, with Ant's T-28 soundset installed into it (really adds to the immersion factor).

DaveB
June 7th, 2017, 00:30
I wish I'd thought of that John. I consider Ant's Trojan soundset one of the best around:encouragement:

ATB

Martyn
June 7th, 2017, 05:40
You've demonstrated perfectly why we no longer deal in numerous product packs :encouragement: