PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4

Pages : [1] 2

roger-wilco-66
June 4th, 2017, 08:05
I'd like to dedicate a thread just for aircraft compatibility under the new V4 version of P3D.

Here's what I found myself so far:

Aerosoft Catalina X works flawless --> new version v1.22 has 64bit ASC.dll
Aerosoft OV-10a Bronco works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
Aeroplane Heaven B17 works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
Aeroplane Heaven Helldiver works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
Sibwings Birddog broken. Full of errors in the model, probably a malfunctioning DLL from a copy / license protection
Ants T28 Trojan free+payware works, but Saitek throttle does not work, neither in Mode 1 nor in Mode 2
Piglets Porter works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
AF F-4U Corsair works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
CS C-130 Hercules works, but no gauges (tried copy + fresh install)
CS 707 gauges don't work, controllers don't work (tried copy + fresh install)
Milviz Huey basically works, but some gauges don't, no frequency display on radios --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
CAC Boomerang works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
C-150 Aerobat freeware works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
Mjahns DC-47 V3.14 works flawless, but custom sound gauge does not function (No Nancy, no pilot, no copilot) One CTD, presumably beacuse of the gauge.
Gordons Tigercat works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
AH/JF Zero works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
AH JF F4 Wildcat works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
AH JF F3F works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4

That's all for now, more to come!

Cheers,
Mark

jeansy
June 4th, 2017, 17:49
Today Ive checked

Work in P3D v4 (straight install into P3Dv4)
Cera 212
Cera 412
Cera 222
Cera UH60
Cera AS365
ND AS350
ND AS350
ND BO105
ND EC130
ND EC135
ND BK117
ND MD900
ND Super Puma
A2A Avro Anson
PMDG 747 v3
Vertigo Hellcat
Vertigo Dauntless
Vertigo Panther
Vertigo Avenger
MPDS Gazelle
MILVIZ CH47
FCS Lancaster
FCS Wellington
Carenado PA28 Arrow
Carenado PA29 Archer (Im also guessing all of the early releases ie 152 etc etc)
Stargate AH1W
ND Hind (modified with MCX and removed the lines from the rotor head)

Apps
Flightsim Commander
REX Airports HD
REX Texture Direct
Ultimate Traffic 2
Ultimate Traffic 2 Live
Active Sky P3Dv4 Beta
VFX Central
GSX
SODE 1.5
RAAS Pro
Editvoice Pack XL

I will be installing more things today and looking

Ones that dont work
Aerosoft Airbus
PMDG 737/777
Mid to late Carenado and sister's
QW Bae146
A2A Connie
Instant scenery v3.7
Sibwings Birddog and AN2
Dirks AP for helos

kdfw
June 4th, 2017, 19:22
one thing about the ceras in v4: the nav/comm standby/actv switch doesn't work. otherwise looks good, HTR also working.

Creepy847
June 4th, 2017, 19:26
Working:
Iris F15E Mudhen Drive with metal 2 metal
JF 111
JF Eurofighter
P3C Orion
Alabeo Sukhoi 26
Real Air spits
Rafale M
Warbirds P51s
Lotus L39
Iris Warthog
Iris F16D
Aerosoft OV10B
Aerosoft F16C
Razbam A6A Intruder

Not working yet:
Milviz F15E

Its installed but cant get engines to start?

Installed aps:
Rex Essential Plus Overdrive
Orbx HD trees
FTX Central With Global Vector
VFX Central
AI Carriers
FSUIPC Full Payware version
Default carriers along with 3rd party carriers

Finally tweeked the sim and Im really impressed with how well this runs. Amazing difference with 64bit.:applause:

jeansy
June 4th, 2017, 19:31
one thing about the ceras in v4: the nav/comm standby/actv switch doesn't work. otherwise looks good, HTR also working.

to be honest I never checked, each model had a quick going over to see if the gauges work and i had a VC

Im not happy about the Helo AP gauge from Dirk not working

Avon Brochure (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?avon/) might be a really hot deal but there is only one way of knowing.

ksw1375
June 4th, 2017, 20:56
Today in P3Dv4 need aircraft

need to working:
Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended
Flysimware Learjet 35A
Flysimware C441
Flysimware MU-2B-60
Virtavia Convair XB-46
Virtavia B-45 Tornado
Milviz C310R
Milviz P-38L
Milviz P-38 Red Bull
Just Flight Fokker F27
Just Flight HS 748
Just Flight One-Eleven 300/400/500
Just Flight DH.104 Dove & Devon
Flight Replicas Canadair North Star
Flight Replicas DH114 Heron
RFN Breguet Br1050 Alize
Grumman Mallard(LDR Development native aircraft)
IRIS C-27J Spartan(IRIS Airforce series - Tactical Airlifter)
A2A Aircraft Factory Heinkel He 219 Uhu
A2A B377 Stratocruiser
Carenado PC12
Carenado CJ2
Carenado King Air C90GTx
Carenado King Air C90B
Carenado King Air B200
Carenado King Air B350i
Carenado Do228
Carenado EMB500 Phenom 100
Carenado EMB505 Phenom 300
Alabeo C441 Conquest
Carenado PA46 500TP Malibu Meridian
Carenado Hawker 850XP
Carenado S550 Citation II
Carenado B1900D
JSS Simulations Transall C-160
IRIS Pilatus PC-24 SVJ
IRIS Pilatus PC-21
IRIS Pro Training Series Pilatus PC-9(Freeware or Payware)
Captain Sim C-130
Captain Sim 757
Captain Sim 767
Captain Sim 777
Captain Sim B-52 Driver
Captain Sim 727
Captain Sim L-1011

Penz
June 4th, 2017, 22:03
Thank you for your effort migrating stuff! :) I'm not entirely sure, though, that you have tested compatibility thoroughly enough.

Aerosoft Catalina X works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
The above is just an example I picked because I own that particular aircraft myself.

Are you saying that all of a sudden the cockpit sound module "ASC.DLL", located in the panel folders, has turned 64-bit, as if by magic?

It may not crash the sim, but "works flawless" may be slightly exaggerated, just saying.

Dangerous Beans
June 4th, 2017, 23:34
Thank you for your effort migrating stuff! :) I'm not entirely sure, though, that you have tested compatibility thoroughly enough.

The above is just an example I picked because I own that particular aircraft myself.

Are you saying that all of a sudden the cockpit sound module "ASC.DLL", located in the panel folders, has turned 64-bit, as if by magic?

It may not crash the sim, but "works flawless" may be slightly exaggerated, just saying.

I have to agree, theres a lot of stuff here that although it may load and fly doesn't work 100%. Check Costco Catalogue (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?costco/) and Harvey Norman Catalogue (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?harvey-norman/).
When testing please make sure that the "Enable Content Error Reporting" checkbox is ticked on the main options page guys.
It will show errors with most planes, a lot of which arent important but especially look for 32bit DLL errors.

Basic rule of thumb. If any of the gauges used are .DLL or .GAU then there will be errors.

jeansy
June 5th, 2017, 00:12
thats easy, do it yourself....

roger-wilco-66
June 5th, 2017, 02:17

This thread is about sharing information, not about being 100% right.

I re-checked the Catalina and found that some of the cockpit sounds (opening the window, klick sounds of the switches...) are missing, that's all. The engines and other sounds work.

I would like to invite you to do some thorough testing on the Catalina and enlighten us on everything else that does not work because of the ASC.dll!

Cheers,
Mark

vora
June 5th, 2017, 03:14
I would like to invite you to do some thorough testing on the Catalina and enlighten us on everything else that does not work because of the ASC.dll!

Actually, if you downloaded the reworked Twotter (v1.21) from Aerosoft you get a working 64bit ASC.dll.

Also, the Catalina can officially be downloaded from Aerosoft as P3Dv4 version (v1.22), as well.

roger-wilco-66
June 5th, 2017, 03:34
Actually, if you downloaded the reworked Twotter (v1.21) from Aerosoft you get a working 64bit ASC.dll.

Also, the Catalina can officially be downloaded from Aerosoft as P3Dv4 version (v1.22), as well.

Now that was useful, thanks. Downloaded v1.22 and all is fine.

[edit: updated list]

Cheers,
Mark

IanHenry
June 5th, 2017, 04:53
Thanks for all your work Mark.
There are open Betas available form HiFi Simulations for both Active Sky and active Sky Cloud Art, both products that I was missing in v4.0

https://hifisimtech.com/forums/showthread.php?8408-ASP4-Open-Beta-now-available

Ian

AussieMan
June 5th, 2017, 05:30
Thanks for all your work Mark.
There are open Betas available form HiFi Simulations for both Active Sky and active Sky Cloud Art, both products that I was missing in v4.0

https://hifisimtech.com/forums/showthread.php?8408-ASP4-Open-Beta-now-available

Ian

I visited the HiFi site and saw that the V4 open beta are available only to people who have a valid registration key for AS 2016 for P3D V3. Once you get it set up you can add FSX-SE, P3D V3 and P3D V4. Works fine and I have it set up to the way I want it.

Penz
June 5th, 2017, 06:07

Cheers,
Mark
I was just trying to be helpful. I can assure you I won't make any further comments.

- JP

UnknownGuest12
June 5th, 2017, 10:29
Most usefull this thread, thanks.

Milviz F-86 working good.

Just Flight Mosquito, you know it's there you can hear the plane, but it's invisible.
Just Flight F4U-1 just the outer part of wings is visible.
Of course Iīm not complaining, bought them for v3...
Regards

CG_1976
June 5th, 2017, 12:50
The Iris C27J MLU is working very happy in P3DV4. Been logging lots of Hours in her on FSE.

awstub
June 5th, 2017, 16:28
How would a statement such as "Are you saying that all of a sudden the cockpit sound module "ASC.DLL", located in the panel folders, has turned 64-bit, as if by magic?" be taken as being helpful, constructive criticism? It may have not been intentional, but it appears to be sarcastic and mean spirited.

I was just trying to be helpful. I can assure you I won't make any further comments.

- JP

Cirrus N210MS
June 5th, 2017, 17:20
whats needed to make the carenado planes work? i installed them fine into the sim with the installers just wont work i think they are missing some activation.dll that gets installed into The sim how where :banghead: has anyone found where it is hidden

jeansy
June 5th, 2017, 20:35
whats needed to make the carenado planes work? i installed them fine into the sim with the installers just wont work i think they are missing some activation.dll that gets installed into The sim how where :banghead: has anyone found where it is hidden

this the dll files used in the gauges and the copyright protection that dont work, nothing you can do until they re release it in v4 format

unless you have the sources data for the gauges and convert them to xml

Penz
June 6th, 2017, 01:58
How would a statement such as "Are you saying that all of a sudden the cockpit sound module "ASC.DLL", located in the panel folders, has turned 64-bit, as if by magic?" be taken as being helpful, constructive criticism? It may have not been intentional, but it appears to be sarcastic and mean spirited.
I'm not a mean spirited person at all, and I can see what you mean. I can assure you that my comment was only meant to be humorous, but alas humour doesn't always translate well in writing, and is somewhat context sensitive.

My sincere apologies if I offended anyone.

- JP

UnknownGuest12
June 6th, 2017, 02:33
I'm not a mean spirited person at all, and I can see what you mean. I can assure you that my comment was only meant to be humorous, but alas humour doesn't always translate well in writing, and is somewhat context sensitive.

My sincere apologies if I offended anyone.

- JP

Really, no need for this...quite sure you didnīt offend anyone...this is of no importance at all, we are hre to learn one from another.

Crusader
June 6th, 2017, 03:57
One of my favorites , the Alabeo D17 Staggerwing has some interior cockpit texture problems . I'm sure it will all be moved in the the right direction as the developers update their products to v4 compatibility . I emptied my shader cache folder thinking it might have something to do with it but it made no difference .

Rich

jeansy
June 6th, 2017, 04:57
One of my favorites , the Alabeo D17 Staggerwing has some interior cockpit texture problems . I'm sure it will all be moved in the the right direction as the developers update their products to v4 compatibility . I emptied my shader cache folder thinking it might have something to do with it but it made no difference .

Rich

no its the "CMeteoXml.dll" and "Carenavigraph.dll" the first file is required for the copyright protection, its plaguing all the mid to late Carenado releases as well, the second one is the FMS for those models that have one thats is also causing some problems

If you have any early releases by Carenedo they will work like the Arrow as they dont require this file but the more recent ones will fail

I remember correctly all of the Alabeo aircraft where released after Carenado introduced this file, so they all will have that problem

Cirrus N210MS
June 6th, 2017, 05:35
Virtavia's planes do work :wavey:

Crusader
June 6th, 2017, 05:51
Thanks to all for sharing this info (especially jeansy) . I have a better understanding of most of it now . I can see this will be a very useful thread too all . Hopefully the developers will kick it in gear and we will start seeing the v4 compatible AC soon realizing the work involved will take time .

Rich

jetstreamsky
June 6th, 2017, 09:39
The FSX DG808S Glider seems to be fine too, not a bad model for a bit of ridge soaring.

Stickshaker
June 6th, 2017, 10:35
Beaufighter, I am truly sorry for you, but in a way it is balm to my soul! Why? Because I had the problem of the invisible Mosquito with P3Dv3, I seemed to be the only one, and despite vast efforts, JF could not cure it. I hope that now that you seem to have the same or a similar problem, a cure may be found. Incidentally, you could try whether the demo of the Mosquito works. With me it did in P3Dv3.
Best regards,
Stickshaker

UnknownGuest12
June 6th, 2017, 11:04
Hi Stickshaker, better luck than you....works perfectly here, in P3D v3.4 Letīs hope theyīll find a cure. Anyway bought it for v3, no reason to complaints and always able to use it since I kept v3. Invisible Mosquito was a secret weapon, now they are trying stealth planes. Britain suceed where America failed with Corsair Birdcage still showing outer wing panels....
Best regards

roger-wilco-66
June 6th, 2017, 12:28
For the record, the Birdcage Corsair shows the same phenomena on my system. This might be linked to a .gau and .dll problem, since both are present in the panel folder.

Cheers,
Mark

Stickshaker
June 7th, 2017, 11:57
Hello Beaufighter, did I misunderstand ypour post? What problem did you have with the Mosquito?

PhantomTweak
June 7th, 2017, 12:47
I think he's having texture problems, so it looks like he "sitting on air". Or like Wonder Woman's jet. Not seeing any of the plane.
I think is what he means.
I've been wrong before, though. Many, many times. I won't go so far as "usually" but...
:very_drunk: :encouragement:
Pat☺

UnknownGuest12
June 7th, 2017, 16:43
I think he's having texture problems, so it looks like he "sitting on air". Or like Wonder Woman's jet. Not seeing any of the plane.
I think is what he means.
I've been wrong before, though. Many, many times. I won't go so far as "usually" but...
:very_drunk: :encouragement:
Pat☺

Exactly...just trying to make a joke about "invisible" and barely visible airplanes...

Regards

IanHenry
June 8th, 2017, 00:22
The MP Design Studio Gazelle works very well in P3Dv4.

Ian

keithb77
June 8th, 2017, 05:37
For the record, the Birdcage Corsair shows the same phenomena on my system. This might be linked to a .gau and .dll problem, since both are present in the panel folder.

Cheers,
Mark

I think invisible Justflight planes will be their copy protection, it's also how they do their demo's which go invisible after a while. 32bit code to be replaced...hopefully same code for all planes :)
Other invisibles will be FS9 elements in the model - the Virtavia Caribou sadly is missing doors, wheels etc. And breaks the P3D menu system too so a restart is needed.

The Virtavia/Flight 1 Islander works well, except the GPS which is a 32bit GAU and sadly part of the cockpit 3D model. Also the scuttle no longer shakes on engine run-up :(
The Razbam Metroliner also mostly works, just flashing power light and defunct fuel gauges and load manager.
VirtualCol Otter works OK.

If you have either the Aerosoft Twin Otter or Catalina you get a new 64bt asc.dll in the new install - could maybe be used for any other Aerosoft plane not currently ported?

Cheers
Keith

Javis
June 8th, 2017, 15:44
http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/123481-whats-p3d-v4-compatible/

AussieMan
June 8th, 2017, 23:20
So far I have installed the following:

Carenado C-172N. Working ok ...... so far.
Warbirdsim P-51- B, C and D. so far all good.
Ant's Tiger Moth ...... good
Ant's Sierra ..... ok
Ant's Drifter ...... installed ok but I need to test it more.
AH B-17F and B-17G ....... both ok

For those privy to the LDR beta C-119 loads and starts ok. Will know more tomorrow when I try to get it into the sky.

Will be testing more over the weekend.

Stickshaker
June 9th, 2017, 00:29
Exactly...just trying to make a joke about "invisible" and barely visible airplanes...

Regards

Aha, so I can only hope that a new v4 version, if it comes, will solve my problem.

dougal
June 9th, 2017, 08:40
Aha, so I can only hope that a new v4 version, if it comes, will solve my problem.

Doesn't work for me either. I really hope its fixed. Its probably the aircraft I'd miss more than any other:-(

fsafranek
June 9th, 2017, 09:22
Working:
Rafale M

Was that the Rafale M by Roland or Thor's Hammer? I haven't tried Roland's but the latter lost the pilot figure in both P3Dv4 and FSW.

Also in any other these compatible aircraft has anyone found a working HUD that I could add to an aircraft with no cockpit like Thor's Hammer Rafale?
:ernaehrung004:

jmig
June 9th, 2017, 11:30

Also in any other these compatible aircraft has anyone found a working HUD that I could add to an aircraft with no cockpit like Thor's Hammer Rafale?

The F-16, Iris P-21 (and probably any Iris HUD), also any of Dino's HUDs all work. I know Iris is coded in xml. You probably could add it to the panel.cfg and get it to work

blanston12
June 9th, 2017, 22:09
I tested a few tonight.

Good:
Ants Tiger Moth
Golden Age DH.60 Moth
Golden Age Ryan B-5
All the default FSX aircraft.

Bad:
JBK Fokker F.VIIa

jeansy
June 9th, 2017, 23:11
PMDG 777

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/512189-10jun17-pmdg-777-200lrf-available-for-prepar3d-v3-and-prepar3d-v4/

AussieMan
June 10th, 2017, 01:23
This from Carenado:

June 9th, 2017 With the recently released version 4 of P3D, all our aircraft have been grounded. All of them were developed for 32-bit, and donīt work with the new 64-bit platform, causing internal logic incompatibilities (no problem with the model and textures).
The solution is not too complicated, but requires work. We know how to make them compatible, and we will start working on them soon.
The process will take time because we will have to update more than 80 aircraft. We hope to accomplish this task in the next months and start re-releasing a fair amount of updated aircraft each month.
For now, customers could be confident about their investment because all of the upgrades will be free of charge.

I especially like their last sentence.

jmig
June 10th, 2017, 05:25
I received an email from PCAviator this morning telling me that Carenado had released version 2.1 of their PC-12HD. I don't know if that is the V4 compatible version? But, I am downloading it.

:applause:

Also, I have flown Ant's T-28 in V4 and it seems to work just fine.

Penzoil3
June 11th, 2017, 19:56
The SOH Ryan Navion works perfectly in P3D4. I'm glad, love it.
Sue

Montie
June 12th, 2017, 09:53
Milviz has released an updated F-86 installer. Notification through email.

jeansy
June 12th, 2017, 16:58
Ant's Winjeel has been updated (SimMarket is yet host the update)

The update for this aircraft adds the following:
- Compatible with Prepar3D V4
- Improved installer options
- Fixed issue with Prepar3D V3 where aircraft was not working for some users
- Fire button assignable to a joystick button
- Option to load aircraft in a cold and dark state
- Various bug fixes

http://www.antsairplanes.com/winjeel.html

(http://www.antsairplanes.com/winjeel.html)

AussieMan
June 12th, 2017, 18:21
Just had an email from the FlightSim Store and downloaded it. The same with the Eaglet.

trowelmaster
June 13th, 2017, 14:29
I would like to add a couple of items:

1) Bear studios - J-11 & Su-27 so far everything seems fine, but I have had limited time on the sim as of late, updates to follow !

2) NEUWUC ( App ) - http://app.navalengagement.net/ Compiled to 64 bit ; http://www.navalengagement.net/underway.html

jeansy
June 13th, 2017, 22:15
RAZBAM Metro III

simondix
June 14th, 2017, 08:35
Lionheart Creations Pacer/Tripacer.

Edit Also the LHC Quest Kodiak and GAS Lockheed 12

patful
June 15th, 2017, 09:52
A2A put the updated versions of their P3D fleet in the store today!

Cirrus N210MS
June 15th, 2017, 10:19
ants T-28 works sept for the throttle does not work with the joystick input

vora
June 15th, 2017, 13:28
A2A put the updated versions of their P3D fleet in the store today!

Am I blind as I don't see them there? Only the C172 which was v4 from day one.

ksheadley
June 15th, 2017, 14:00
Am I blind as I don't see them there? Only the C172 which was v4 from day one.

They are there on the store, the 182, cherokee, comanche, and T-6 for v4. If you bought 3rd party, will take a bit.

vora
June 15th, 2017, 14:42
They are there on the store, the 182, cherokee, comanche, and T-6 for v4. If you bought 3rd party, will take a bit.
I bought it at A2A, and the store still shows no P3Dv4 version.
But indeed, if I download the zips from my account they contain the P3Dv4 installer. :jump:

jeansy
June 15th, 2017, 17:38
I bought it at A2A, and the store still shows no P3Dv4 version.
But indeed, if I download the zips from my account they contain the P3Dv4 installer. :jump:

Just have to continue to wait for the bulk of the real feet

vora
June 16th, 2017, 06:53
Just have to continue to wait for the bulk of the real feet

Yeah, I know, you guys are longing for your warbirds but want my bitchin' Heidi back :a1089:

stovall
June 16th, 2017, 09:57
CARENADO AIRCRAFT UPDATED TO P3DV4 (FIRST BATCH) Here is the first batch of updated aircraft for make them usable in P3D version 4. · PA31T CHEYENNE II FSX/P3D · PA46 500TP MALIBU MERIDIAN G1000 HD SERIES FSX/P3D · DO228 100 HD SERIES FSX/P3D · 500S SHRIKE AERO COMMANDER HD SERIES FSX/P3D · PC12 HD SERIES FSX/P3D · E50P PHENOM 100 HD SERIES FSX/P3D
Serial numbers originally delivered with the purchase are still usable.

Boss86001
June 16th, 2017, 10:33
Anyone know if the Sibwings an-2 works in v4?

IanHenry
June 16th, 2017, 10:42
The Razbam Harriers work but unfortunately the payload selection screen doesn't work (dll problem I guess) so your stuck with the ferry tanks and consequently no VTOL. Disappointing.

Ian

IanHenry
June 16th, 2017, 10:44
The Aerosoft Lightning's seem to work ok.

Ian

AussieMan
June 16th, 2017, 15:36
I have so far installed the following with good results. All work and fly well.

FSAddon: Lockheed Hudson, Avro Anson

Golden Age Simulations: DH-60, Lockheed 12, Davis D1, Boeing 75 From what I am seeing at the moment the Lear 24 has display problems.

LionHeart Creations: Piper Pacer, Piper Tri-Pacer

Will be installing and testing more aircraft today and over the weekend.

musterpilot
June 16th, 2017, 15:59

Tried that one mate outside have black squares on the wings
in the vc can't see outside no click sounds on switches
I hope they do update this a/c

AussieMan
June 16th, 2017, 22:31
More from GAS ......

Monocoupe 110,
New Standard,
Pitcairn PA-5 Mail Plane,
Robin HX,
Robin X,
Ryan SCW,
Ryan STX,
Stinson Reliant SR-8
WACO UBF-2
Curtiss CW-1
Travel Air
Stampe SV-4B

From FSAddon ......

WACO Package

LouP
June 17th, 2017, 03:58
no its the "CMeteoXml.dll" and "Carenavigraph.dll" the first file is required for the copyright protection, its plaguing all the mid to late Carenado releases as well, the second one is the FMS for those models that have one thats is also causing some problems

If you have any early releases by Carenedo they will work like the Arrow as they dont require this file but the more recent ones will fail

I remember correctly all of the Alabeo aircraft where released after Carenado introduced this file, so they all will have that problem

OK, thank you. But does this mean that if we install with the Alebeo installer that the aircraft will then work OK. I noticed that some of the aircraft on the site simply say that they are compatible with P3D while other list specific versions of P3D.

Thanks for everyone's help.

LouP

jeansy
June 17th, 2017, 04:46
OK, thank you. But does this mean that if we install with the Alebeo installer that the aircraft will then work OK. I noticed that some of the aircraft on the site simply say that they are compatible with P3D while other list specific versions of P3D.

Thanks for everyone's help.

LouP

Im not entirely sure as I dont own any of their early stuff, however most of their products use the "CMeteoXml.dll" and gau files which will result in semi visible VCs and engine failure, I would give it a few months for them to update their files

However You can try and install them but they wont be flyable until the conversion is complete from their end

LouP
June 17th, 2017, 09:03
Thanks Jeansy,

I can wait. I just thought if it were mainly some files that get installed for security purposes that the original installer would put them in P3D after pointing the install process there. I don't want to break anything.

LouP

hae5904
June 17th, 2017, 13:54
The Razbam Harriers work but unfortunately the payload selection screen doesn't work (dll problem I guess) so your stuck with the ferry tanks and consequently no VTOL. Disappointing.
Ian

Yep, all is based on two dll files.

On the other hand, the Razbam 201 works like a charm within V4, you can even select weapons to carry though you won't be able to launch them.

Hank

SpaceWeevil
June 18th, 2017, 01:44
I'm delighted that the RealAir Scout / Decathlon / Citabria seems to work well in V4 so far, on the basis of a few short busy flights. If it carries on this must make it the best value add-on I've ever bought - exactly the same purchase worked flawlessly in FSX SP2, Acceleration, FSX SE, P3D 2, P3D 3 and (so far) in version 4.

centuryseries
June 18th, 2017, 02:17
From what I have seen so far, my Glowingheat.co.uk B-58 Hustler, SR-71 Blackbird and my forthcoming Lockheed A-12 Cygnus all work in both FSX and P3D V4 without modification. Slight anomalies in the air refuelling gauge but the functionality still works.

David.

blanston12
June 18th, 2017, 06:57
ants T-28 works sept for the throttle does not work with the joystick input

For me the T-28 would only work if from the VC, both the keyboard and joystick would not work. For now its relegated to 3.4

UnknownGuest12
June 18th, 2017, 08:04

Unfortunately, no...

Boss86001
June 18th, 2017, 10:01
Thanks! Really hope the an-2 gets a patch.

jeansy
June 18th, 2017, 13:50

the same problem with their bird dog, I believe its a part of the anti piracy dll coding so people cant share Ripped versions

Penzoil3
June 18th, 2017, 16:10
The Real Air Sia Marchetti SF260 works just fine. Click spots click, gauges gauge, and switches switch !
LOL
Sue

IanHenry
June 19th, 2017, 00:11

I thought Sibwings had ceased trading?

Ian

Mbudge
June 19th, 2017, 01:35
I thought Sibwings had ceased trading?

Ian

They haven't responded to anything on their forum for a few years now, a real shame as the AN-2, Bird-Dog and Safir were three of my faves. Noticed yesterday that their forum is now offline so it seems to be all over. A pity.

ce_zeta
June 19th, 2017, 07:08
Anyone tested Lionheart LJ24B?

Yep, all is based on two dll files.

On the other hand, the Razbam 201 works like a charm within V4, you can even select weapons to carry though you won't be able to launch them.

Hank
Thanks for the info Hank.

AussieMan
June 19th, 2017, 11:01
Anyone tested Lionheart LJ24B?

So far the Lionheart LJ24B is the only Lionheart aircraft that doesn't work for me. I have notified Bill of this.

jeansy
June 20th, 2017, 08:59
21JUN17 via email

ALABEO AIRCRAFT UPDATED TO P3DV4
Here is the first batch of updated aircraft for make them usable in P3D version 4.

PA22 TRI PACER FSX/P3D
PA44 SEMINOLE FSX/P3D
C400 CORVALIS TT FSX/P3D
DA42 TWIN STAR FSX/P3D
PA32 SARATOGA II TC FSX/P3D
C207 SKYWAGON FSX/P3D
DA40 FSX/P3D
C195 BUSINESSLINER FSX/P3D

flaviossa
June 20th, 2017, 10:44
I donīt know why but the Alabeo C172RG_CutlassII is updated to p3dv4 too and not in the batch list :encouragement:

docjohnson
June 20th, 2017, 12:02
- ALPHA
-- F-84F (Native FSX) OK

- Aerosoft
-- HueyX OK

- CS
-- C-130 will not fly in V4, instruments missing, and I got off the ground but trim was all I had...

- FR
-- Me262 OK

- SoH
-- A-26 OK

- Piglet
-- A-1H OK
-- A-1J OK
-- A-29B OK

blanston12
June 20th, 2017, 22:24
More V4 Testing

Works!

WarbirdSim P-51D
RealAir Decathalon/Scout*
RealAir Spitfire
Just Flight Battle of Britain Series (Spit/Hurricane/Me109)
Just Flight Wildcat/Marlet*
Just Flight DC-6B
Just Flight A6M2 Zero*
Douglas DC-2 - Uiver Team X
First Class Simulation Wellington
First Class Simulation Hawker Hero's (Fury/Hurricane/Tempest/Typhoon).

Does Not!

JustFlight Corsair Birdcage*
JustFlight Mosquito
JustFlight Bae Hawk1A

* Yes I know I am not the first to report this, just confirming the earlier result.

hae5904
June 21st, 2017, 01:12
Here an update from Just Flight:

"We have received quite a few requests for a list of the Prepar3D v4 compatibility updates being worked on. We are currently focusing on updating our in-house developed products for v4, starting with our newest products and working backwards:

Arrow III
Turbo Arrow III/IV
Hawk
TB10/TB20
Tornado GR1
Tristar Professional
Canberra PR9

Hank :very_drunk:

docjohnson
June 21st, 2017, 01:19
MAAM-SIM B-25 & C-47/R4D will not load, you just end up in the F-22. Interesting behavior. The MAAM_B25.dll, MAAM_B25VC.dll, MAAM_B25.gau, MAAM_R4D.gau will have to recompiled.

This is one of those that I would volunteer to work on for free to get it into V4.

Razabam A-7 (Non TP) flys but you can't alter the payload (Yea your in ferry configuration) until the A7_Ordnance_Mngr.dll in the modules folder gets recompiled.

drmagnumwolf
June 21st, 2017, 08:22
I did some quick tests, and these are the planes I found to be working on P3D v4 from Just Flight.

Just Flight DC-6B
Just Flight Viscount
Just Flight Comet

I'm testing a couple of other planes here, and I'll update this post if they work.

ce_zeta
June 21st, 2017, 10:20
So far the Lionheart LJ24B is the only Lionheart aircraft that doesn't work for me. I have notified Bill of this.
Thanks for the Info Pat.

docjohnson
June 21st, 2017, 16:53
Just Flight

DC-3\C-47\AC-47 Crashes the sim. No error msg
Eurofighter OK

- Virtiavia
-- A-4 OK

kdfw
June 21st, 2017, 20:49
RAZBAM Metro III

i get the blinking 'power fail' light upon loading, not able to clear it with the inverter switch...

keithb77
June 21st, 2017, 21:06
i get the blinking 'power fail' light upon loading, not able to clear it with the inverter switch...
Me too, also fuel gauges don't work, believe it's the msmm dll :(
Cheers
Keith

jeansy
June 22nd, 2017, 02:32
Me too, also fuel gauges don't work, believe it's the msmm dll :(
Cheers
Keith

ok weird my fuel gauges work, in know about the powerfail, however it never bothered me to notice until tonight

Penz
June 22nd, 2017, 03:18
The Virtavia freeware FSX EH-101 Merlin works perfectly in V4.

Maybe that can help some who are missing their FSX EH-101, which cannot be ported because of its custom gauge DLL. It still works great in V3 though.

spatialpro
June 22nd, 2017, 09:13
They haven't responded to anything on their forum for a few years now, a real shame as the AN-2, Bird-Dog and Safir were three of my faves. Noticed yesterday that their forum is now offline so it seems to be all over. A pity.

A pity indeed. However as one door closes another usually opens... perhaps a developer will take on the development of these types from scratch, knowing there is a market for them going forward... or perhaps a freeware developer will take them on knowing there is a receptive audience...

Daveroo
June 22nd, 2017, 12:17
i may have just missed it,forgive me if i did,but does the DC3 /C47 that jan and team did ( i hope that offends no one) work in v4?

docjohnson
June 22nd, 2017, 12:29
I flew the C-47 a couple of days ago and it worked like a charm...

Gooneybird565
June 22nd, 2017, 13:59
Just you will miss various sounds, and some other thingies not working. But no problem to fly, just a little bit less additional sounds than in P3D3...
P3D4 does not accept the 32bits gauges, usually found as .gau or .dll files. Doug Dawson dsd_etc... gauges also need to be recoded in 64 bits.
I understand various gauges authors know that, and work is already scheduled more than probably.
Blue skies

modelr
June 22nd, 2017, 15:17
21JUN17 via email

Has anyone been able to download from Alabeo? Of the first batch, all I have is the Cessna 195, and it won't start download. Just the "waiting on alabeo.com" message.

AussieMan
June 22nd, 2017, 16:08
Has anyone been able to download from Alabeo? Of the first batch, all I have is the Cessna 195, and it won't start download. Just the "waiting on alabeo.com" message.

I had no problems downloading the Piper Tri-Pacer and the C-195.

EDIT: Also I must point out that the aircraft that I have listed as working in P3D V4 have problems with the click sounds on the switches. This would indicate a problem with a sound.dll somewhere. But at the moment it is something I can live with. One thing I did notice is that the engine sounds change from the VC to external views. Externally the sounds are louder than when in the VC.

modelr
June 22nd, 2017, 17:38
I had no problems downloading the Piper Tri-Pacer and the C-195.

EDIT: Also I must point out that the aircraft that I have listed as working in P3D V4 have problems with the click sounds on the switches. This would indicate a problem with a sound.dll somewhere. But at the moment it is something I can live with. One thing I did notice is that the engine sounds change from the VC to external views. Externally the sounds are louder than when in the VC.

I finally got it downloaded, with FreeDownloadManager, but it won't install to P3Dv4. Not even available in choices. It did install to V3, altho I had installer pointed to v4. But I already had it installed in V3. There are some new items in the gauges folder in v3, but not sure what needed in v4.

docjohnson
June 22nd, 2017, 17:45
I guess I will keep updating this post instead of doing it piecemeal. Currently here's my V4 Aircraft Testing. These are the aircraft that will not work without gauge recompile and/or model update to V3/4 standards.

- ALPHA
-- F-84F OK
-- A-6 OK
-- B-36 OK
-- B-47 OK
-- B-52 Crashes the sim. No Error message
-- CF-101B OK
-- F-101B
-- F-105 OK
-- F-106 OK
-- F-86 OK
-- F-89 OK (Throttles stick in AB, some textures are sliver)
-- HU-16 OK
-- P2V-7 OK
-- PBM Cockpit and model do not render in sim.
-- PBY Cockpit and model do not render in sim
-- U-2 Cockpit and model do not render in sim.

- Aerosoft
-- HueyX OK

- CS
-- C-130 will not fly in V4

- FR
-- Me262 OK

- JF
-- DC-3\C-47\AC-47 Crashes the sim. No error msg.
-- DC-6 OK
-- Eurofighter OK
-- F-111

- MJ
-- C/KC-97 OK
-- C-47 V3 OK

- MAAM
- - B-25 Doesn't load, you get the F-22 instead.

- RAZ
-- A-7A OK Tanks only config
-- A-7D OK Tanks only config
-- A-7E OK Tanks only config
-- A-7P/K OK Tanks only config

- SoH
-- A-26 OK
-- PV-2 Harpoon, cockpit and model do not render in sim.

- TC
-- A-1H OK
-- A-1J
-- A-29B OK

- Virtiavia
-- A-4 OK
-- B-36 OK

VZ
-- C-123K OK

jeansy
June 23rd, 2017, 21:11
Virtavia Sh3 Seaking

I stand corrected, and the new version works in v4

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/06/24/Image111.png

However, please read

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/106295-Helicopter-engines-cut-out-on-take-off (https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/513379-are-your-helicopter-engines-cutting-out-on-take-off/)

Penzoil3
June 24th, 2017, 05:19
The Just Flight R-44 chopper works. All the click spots and switches function.
sue

spatialpro
June 24th, 2017, 10:00
I bought some of my Alabeo aircraft via PC Aviator and my download link (which functions OK) has an updated version of the C404 Titan for Prepar3D v4!

DagR
June 25th, 2017, 12:44
I guess I will keep updating this post instead of doing it piecemeal. Currently here's my V4 Aircraft Testing. These are the aircraft that will not work without gauge recompile and/or model update to V3/4 standards.

- ALPHA
-- F-84F OK
-- A-6 OK
-- B-36 OK
-- B-47 OK
-- B-52 Crashes the sim. No Error message
-- CF-101B OK
-- F-101B
-- F-105 OK
-- F-106 OK
-- F-86 OK
-- F-89 OK (Throttles stick in AB, some textures are sliver)
-- HU-16 OK
-- P2V-7 OK
-- PBM Cockpit and model do not render in sim.
-- PBY Cockpit and model do not render in sim
-- U-2 Cockpit and model do not render in sim.

- Aerosoft
-- HueyX OK

- CS
-- C-130 will not fly in V4

- FR
-- Me262 OK

- JF
-- DC-3\C-47\AC-47 Crashes the sim. No error msg.
-- DC-6 OK
-- Eurofighter OK
-- F-111

- MJ
-- C/KC-97 OK
-- C-47 V3 OK

- MAAM
- - B-25 Doesn't load, you get the F-22 instead.

- RAZ
-- A-7A OK Tanks only config
-- A-7D OK Tanks only config
-- A-7E OK Tanks only config
-- A-7P/K OK Tanks only config

- SoH
-- A-26 OK
-- PV-2 Harpoon, cockpit and model do not render in sim.

- TC
-- A-1H OK
-- A-1J
-- A-29B OK

- Virtiavia
-- A-4 OK
-- B-36 OK

VZ
-- C-123K OK

With the proper lines added to dll.xml, the load configurator works on Razbam A-7s. Tanks need to be de-fuelled before they can be removed and weight needs to be added manually for the added stored.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

docjohnson
June 25th, 2017, 17:09
You mean these lines:

<launch.addon>
<name>A7 Ordnance Weight Manager</name>
<disabled>False</disabled>
<manualload>False</manualload>
<path>D:\P3D Addons\Addon Modules\A7_Ordnance_Mngr.dll</path>
<dllstartname>module_init</dllstartname>
<dllstopname>module_deinit</dllstopname>
</launch.addon>

I only see two external tanks, I assume you mean empty them? And can you tell me where you find the station weights? Thanks in advance.

docjohnson
June 25th, 2017, 17:41
Never mind, I tinkered with it and figured it out. Thanks for pointing this out.

DagR
June 25th, 2017, 20:13
You mean these lines:

A7 Ordnance Weight Manager
False
False
D:\P3D Addons\Addon Modules\A7_Ordnance_Mngr.dll
module_init
module_deinit

I only see two external tanks, I assume you mean empty them? And can you tell me where you find the station weights? Thanks in advance.

Indeed :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kdfw
June 26th, 2017, 21:40

actv/stdby switch working with HF1.

Mbudge
June 27th, 2017, 13:02
Flight One's BN-2 Islander seems to work well, might be some missing switch sounds but possibly there were a few silent ones with P3D v3, can't remember.

fsafranek
June 29th, 2017, 07:44
I scanned the thread and didn't see them mentioned so I will...

Ants Airplanes:

- Tecnam P92 Eaglet
- Tecnam Sierra LSA

keithb77
June 29th, 2017, 09:09
Flight One's BN-2 Islander seems to work well, might be some missing switch sounds but possibly there were a few silent ones with P3D v3, can't remember.
For me the GPS doesn't work, and the wonderful noisy scuttle shake on take-off has gone away :( but still excellent :)
Cheers
Keith

Crusader
June 29th, 2017, 15:04
Just got email notice from Alabeo that the Staggerwing and Waco are available for P3Dv4 installation with redownload (plus new serial number) . A couple of my favorites :applause:

Rich

Javis
June 29th, 2017, 16:22
Mine too! :cool:

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/P3Dv4/ymf5_p3dv4.jpg

And no flickering installation boxes anymore thanks to Rick's tip ! :encouragement: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/106241-Alabeo-aircraft-updated-to-p3dv4?p=1088836&viewfull=1#post1088836

Alabeo P3Dv4 compatible batch 3 :

C172RG CUTLASS II FSX/P3D
D17 STAGGERWING FSX/P3D
WACO YMF5 FSX/P3D
E300S FSX/P3D
SU-26 FSX/P3D
PITTS S-2S FSX/P3D

modelr
June 30th, 2017, 06:21
I went back and redownloaded the C-195. Went right through, quick download and flawless installation. Same with all the others I have, including those I purchased from PC Aviator. Had to repurchase the ones from PC Aviator, using the coupon in the email the price is zero, but it is necessary to get the updated file. All installations went flawlessly.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

IanHenry
July 1st, 2017, 11:09
Good news, Winch X works in P3Dv4 (I know, it's not an aircraft, but it's a big deal to me). Bad news, the Iris Vulcan causes a CTD every time I try to load it, rather strange I can't figure out why it would do that.

Ian

Mach3DS
July 1st, 2017, 11:15
I wish Milviz would redo the Vulcan and release it as P3Dv4 material....that bird is awesome. With Tacpack would be a huge winner and combined with their USAF Cold War and Vietnam aircraft and Dave Rowberry's EE Lightnings, and Glowing heats A-12 you've got yourself a real bunch of NATO aircraft with teeth!! Talk about cool!

Mbudge
July 3rd, 2017, 00:16
I'd very much like my IRIS Vulcan back but IRIS don't seem to be saying very much at the moment, their facebook page seems to have stopped being updated near the end of April. Lionheart are quiet too, I hope both are temporary glitches.

spatialpro
July 3rd, 2017, 01:01
I'd very much like my IRIS Vulcan back but IRIS don't seem to be saying very much at the moment, their facebook page seems to have stopped being updated near the end of April. Lionheart are quiet too, I hope both are temporary glitches.

+1 :encouragement:

IanHenry
July 3rd, 2017, 02:48
I can't understand why it causes a CTD. There are no exe or dll entries so you wouldn't expect any problems.

Ian

spatialpro
July 3rd, 2017, 03:12
Same for me too... CTD every time. Sometimes it gets as far as showing the Vulcan in the preview window, others not.

hschuit
July 3rd, 2017, 09:17
I can't understand why it causes a CTD. There are no exe or dll entries so you wouldn't expect any problems.
Ian

The problem is caused by something in the B2.air file, when I tested with an .air file from another add on, the Vulcan loaded fine, I could successfully complete the complex start up procedure and fly the beast.

The 1st thing I noticed when I opened the B2.air file in AirEd is that it has lots of obsolete FS2002/FS2004 legacy records. I attached a fixed version of the B2.air file to this post, I did not have time to test it thoroughly so if you find issues please post your feedback.

Javis
July 3rd, 2017, 18:01
The Queen Of The Skies in P3Dv4 format has been around for a while, now the Empress Of The Skies has arrived too. ( A2A's incarnation that is)

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/P3Dv4/a2aconnie64.jpg

stovall
July 3rd, 2017, 19:16
Deltasim PT Boat works perfectly in Prepar3D v4.

IanHenry
July 3rd, 2017, 23:45
The problem is caused by something in the B2.air file, when I tested with an .air file from another add on, the Vulcan loaded fine, I could successfully complete the complex start up procedure and fly the beast.

The 1st thing I noticed when I opened the B2.air file in AirEd is that it has lots of obsolete FS2002/FS2004 legacy records. I attached a fixed version of the B2.air file to this post, I did not have time to test it thoroughly so if you find issues please post your feedback.

Thank you so much, that really is appreciated, it looks like your going to make a lot of people very happy. I'll test it as soon as possible.

Regards,
Ian

jeansy
July 4th, 2017, 01:43
The Queen Of The Skies in P3Dv4 format has been around for a while, now the Empress Of The Skies has arrived too. ( A2A's incarnation that is)

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/P3Dv4/a2aconnie64.jpg

awesome thanks

spatialpro
July 4th, 2017, 02:16

HUGE thanks for this!!!! :applause:

I no longer get CTDs. I've only tried to start her up once though and failed. This may be because I'm very rusty and did something wrong, or perhaps something else is up? I'd be interested to hear other's experiences.

A quick look around and to my eye everything is as it should be besides materials for lights/buttons in the VC.

IanHenry
July 4th, 2017, 04:29

Just one problem that I've found, the airbrakes don't work. Is there anything we can do to fix that?

Regards,
Ian

hschuit
July 4th, 2017, 05:42
Just one problem that I've found, the airbrakes don't work. Is there anything we can do to fix that?

Regards,
Ian

The Vulcan is not easy to operate, so are the airbrakes... You need to make sure you have hydraulics power, they only work once you have managed to get the engines running.
And that is not all, the airbrakes have 4 stages and use the flaps keys F5/F6/F7/F8 to operate.

Edit: Don't forget to enable the Powered Flight Controls (PFC), you have to click a whole bunch of red lights on the left console, they all must be off and turned dark.

spatialpro
July 4th, 2017, 07:40
The Vulcan starts and the Vulcan flies! :jump:

I was just rusty on my startup sequence... 100% operator error!

I'm over the moon! :biggrin-new:

IanHenry
July 4th, 2017, 10:00
The Vulcan is not easy to operate, so are the airbrakes... You need to make sure you have hydraulics power, they only work once you have managed to get the engines running.
And that is not all, the airbrakes have 4 stages and use the flaps keys F5/F6/F7/F8 to operate.

Edit: Don't forget to enable the Powered Flight Controls (PFC), you have to click a whole bunch of red lights on the left console, they all must be off and turned dark.

Thanks, I'd forgotten about that.

Ian

RobM
July 4th, 2017, 12:36
I haven't moved to v4 yet (soon), but I'm following this thread with interest.

Has anyone tried any of the Nemeth Design choppers yet in v4, in particular the MD902 Explorer? ND has been pretty dormant lately.

Also,has anyone tried any of the Vertigo Studios aircraft in v4? I'm particularly interested in knowing if their F9F Panther and F8F
Bearcat will work. Like ND, VS also seems very dormant.

I'm hoping the ND's and VS's aren't going to become "lost to the ages", as was so aptly said on another thread.

Thanks - Rob

hschuit
July 4th, 2017, 12:48
Rob, I got the Vertigo Panther working in P3Dv4 but it took a fair bit of surgery:

- The FSX version uses a 32bit DeadPixel sound module to support cockpit sounds, I have replaced this with Doug Dawson's 64bit DSD sound module. This is not simple, I needed to trace the DeadPixel WAV names and local vars and write a new DSD sound.ini file for them.

- The VS_F9F_Blueprint.CAB configuration/load mgr gauges depended on the 32bit VS_F9F_BPC.gau file, I had to re-write the XML code and update the aircraft.cfg station_load entries to make the load mgr work with 64bit XMLTools.

Anyway, if you can live without the cockpit click sounds and load mgr, the jet is usable as it is in P3Dv4. There is always the option to enter the payload weights manually I guess.

RobM
July 4th, 2017, 15:17
Rob, I got the Vertigo Panther working in P3Dv4 but it took a fair bit of surgery:

- The FSX version uses a 32bit DeadPixel sound module to support cockpit sounds, I have replaced this with Doug Dawson's 64bit DSD sound module. This is not simple, I needed to trace the DeadPixel WAV names and local vars and write a new DSD sound.ini file for them.

- The VS_F9F_Blueprint.CAB configuration/load mgr gauges depended on the 32bit VS_F9F_BPC.gau file, I had to re-write the XML code and update the aircraft.cfg station_load entries to make the load mgr work with 64bit XMLTools.

Anyway, if you can live without the cockpit click sounds and load mgr, the jet is usable as it is in P3Dv4. There is always the option to enter the payload weights manually I guess.

Thanks for the info! Yes, beyond my programming knowledge and hunt-and-peck typing capabilities. Although never say never. I suppose
similar will apply to other VS planes. Still not as bad as could be, with gauges in the panel or outside animations not working, or CTD's as
soon as you try to load.

Thanks again for the info! - Rob

jeansy
July 4th, 2017, 16:52
I haven't moved to v4 yet (soon),

Like ND, VS also seems very dormant.

I'm hoping the ND's and VS's aren't going to become "lost to the ages", as was so aptly said on another thread.

Thanks - Rob

Its because nemeth have ceased development, they closed shop back in Jan15

however 95% of ND helos work fine in v4

people are reporting the ND store to some internet watch dog as they continue to sell products but offer no support via forums or emails

keithb77
July 5th, 2017, 00:38

however 95% of ND helos work fine in v4

The Huey and Chinook work OK.

The Carenado C185 Bush works well, just one GAU for the gear on the amphibian version.
Their 206G has a LOT of GAUs, because I need the 206 I've been working through replacing the gauges with C185 equivalents...easy for the round dials, hard for the radios...
Vertigo Vans and Stearman on the list to try soon.

Cheers
Keith

flaviossa
July 6th, 2017, 06:41
Just Flight BAC 1-11 updated to p3dv4: https://www.justflight.com/product/one-eleven-300-400-500

(https://www.justflight.com/product/one-eleven-300-400-500)http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/924/Nhg330.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/poNhg330j)

blanston12
July 6th, 2017, 08:30
Just Flight BAC 1-11 updated to p3dv4: https://www.justflight.com/product/one-eleven-300-400-500

(https://www.justflight.com/product/one-eleven-300-400-500)http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/924/Nhg330.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/poNhg330j)

Did they fix the autopilot?

spatialpro
July 6th, 2017, 08:43
See AH/JF list, 4th one down:

Changes include:

P3D v4 compatibility added
FDE improvements
New custom fuel system (including fuel transfer and crossfeed)
New custom autopilot/flight director system with improved usability
New BEA livery included for -500 variant
NAV/GPS switch fixed
Altimeter scaling fixed
Electrical panel fixes

I haven't tried it yet though...

Javis
July 6th, 2017, 09:04
Never too much biplanes what with all this amazing sceneries to explore (IMHO of course ;-)

These too work perfectly 'out of the box'. Might want to replace the default sound of the Fury with one of freeware Merlin sound packs. If you check the real Fury at Oldwarden ( https://youtu.be/iIyGIQs8bSI ) the Kestrel sounds much more similar to a Merlin than what the default sound proposes. ( you could try any of Des Braban's Merlin sounds, i use 'spitpkg.zip' atm)

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/P3Dv4/bip1.jpg

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/P3Dv4/bip2.jpg

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/P3Dv4/bip3.jpg

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/P3Dv4/bip4.jpg

Cheers,
jan

jeansy
July 8th, 2017, 17:52
the Carenado B1900D has been updated to v4

plus 777 immersion v4

iris Spartan v1.2 appears to be fine, & the hud works

jeansy
July 8th, 2017, 18:10
and the Carenado PA31 Navajo has been updated to V4

IanHenry
July 11th, 2017, 04:37
Today in P3Dv4 need aircraft

need to working:
Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended
Flysimware Learjet 35A
Flysimware C441
Flysimware MU-2B-60
Virtavia Convair XB-46
Virtavia B-45 Tornado
Milviz C310R
Milviz P-38L
Milviz P-38 Red Bull
Just Flight Fokker F27
Just Flight HS 748
Just Flight One-Eleven 300/400/500
Just Flight DH.104 Dove & Devon
Flight Replicas Canadair North Star
Flight Replicas DH114 Heron
RFN Breguet Br1050 Alize
Grumman Mallard(LDR Development native aircraft)
IRIS C-27J Spartan(IRIS Airforce series - Tactical Airlifter)
A2A Aircraft Factory Heinkel He 219 Uhu
A2A B377 Stratocruiser
Carenado PC12
Carenado CJ2
Carenado King Air C90GTx
Carenado King Air C90B
Carenado King Air B200
Carenado King Air B350i
Carenado Do228
Carenado EMB500 Phenom 100
Carenado EMB505 Phenom 300
Alabeo C441 Conquest
Carenado PA46 500TP Malibu Meridian
Carenado Hawker 850XP
Carenado S550 Citation II
Carenado B1900D
JSS Simulations Transall C-160
IRIS Pilatus PC-24 SVJ
IRIS Pilatus PC-21
IRIS Pro Training Series Pilatus PC-9(Freeware or Payware)
Captain Sim C-130
Captain Sim 757
Captain Sim 767
Captain Sim 777
Captain Sim B-52 Driver
Captain Sim 727
Captain Sim L-1011

KSW how do you get the Captain Sim B-52 Driver to work in P3Dv4? I've managed to install it and it displays ok but I can't start the engines!

Thanks,
Ian

coolguy3
July 11th, 2017, 09:00
KSW how do you get the Captain Sim B-52 Driver to work in P3Dv4? I've managed to install it and it displays ok but I can't start the engines!

Thanks,
Ian

Ian - I think he means that all of those planes in his list are not yet working in P3Dv4, and NEED to be working?
JB

IanHenry
July 11th, 2017, 09:24
Ian - I think he means that all of those planes in his list are not yet working in P3Dv4, and NEED to be working?
JB
Ah right, I misunderstood that.

Regards,
Ian

blanston12
July 11th, 2017, 12:05
Working:
- FlySimWare Cessna 195
- FlySimWare NIEUPORT 24
- FlySimWare GRUMMAN G-44A WIDGEON

jeansy
July 12th, 2017, 01:11
PMDG NGX 800 & 700 now V4 native

re download via place of purchase

SpaceWeevil
July 14th, 2017, 08:53
Ant's Airplanes Sierra LSA (V2.3) is fully P3D v4 compatible with a nifty muti-platform installer that follows LM's new policy of installing addons outside the root folder - or not, if you want. This sparky little sport 2-seater is beautifully modelled, fun to fly, well-equipped and cheap - Ģ9 at Just Flight. I wish I'd bought this before the Alabeo Piper Cruz Sport!

AussieMan
July 14th, 2017, 15:50
Blackbox Simulations have upgraded their Cessna L-19 Bird Dog to P3D V4. Looking at their site they have also updated their Beagle Pup and most of their products are listed as P3D V4 compatible.

papab
July 15th, 2017, 03:38
I just noticed the the IFLY 747-400 is now available for P3DV4 at Flight one, V2.2.0.0:
http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ifly744p3d

Scroll down for the downloads

Looks like it will accept the License Key from the P3DV3 purchase!!

Rick

AussieMan
July 16th, 2017, 05:27
Carenado have released their Rockwell Turbo Aerocommander with the V4 installer.

AussieMan
July 18th, 2017, 05:03
Does anyone have a copy of the email from Carenado outlining the version 4 update of aircraft to P3D V4. I got one this morning but in moving it to the Carenado folder in my email reader I accidently deleted it. Be much appreciated if someone can show me what was updated in the 4th round of updates.

Also lesson learned ...... don't try to mess around with email before the morning cuppa.

keithb77
July 18th, 2017, 05:16
Does anyone have a copy of the email from Carenado outlining the version 4 update of aircraft to P3D V4. I got one this morning but in moving it to the Carenado folder in my email reader I accidently deleted it. Be much appreciated if someone can show me what was updated in the 4th round of updates.

Also lesson learned ...... don't try to mess around with email before the morning cuppa.
Haven't recieved a 4th batch email...but on their Facebook their is a 4th batch from Alabeo
"ALABEO AIRCRAFT UPDATED TO P3DV4Here is the fourth and last batch of updated aircraft for make them usable in P3D version 4.
C310R FSX/P3D
C441 CONQUEST II FSX/P3D
PA31 CHIEFTAIN 350 FSX/P3D
PA23 AZTEC F 250 FSX/P3D
Serial numbers originally delivered with the purchase are still usable for each aircraft.
With this batch the entire Alabeo fleet has been updated to P3D v4.
Customers should download the package again from the link provided and retrieve a new serial number.
Resellers already have them, please allow them one or two days to get them up in their sites.
You should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version."

Cheers
Keith

Javis
July 18th, 2017, 06:18
This is how i got my email, Pat :

http://mailchi.mp/alabeo/alabeo-aircraft-updated-to-p3dv4-first-batch-1290773?e=ea863ef66b

Gonna grab me the Aztec for sure. ;-)

Cheers,
Jan

AussieMan
July 18th, 2017, 14:49
Thanks Jan, off to get the Aztec update. Just wish they would produce a decent workable paint kit as there are a few Aussie Aztecs I would like to have a go at painting.

jmig
July 18th, 2017, 17:36

I am a bit late with this reply. However, unless you deleted the emails in the delete folder, it should still be in there. At least that is how it works with Outlook.

AussieMan
July 18th, 2017, 18:59
I am a bit late with this reply. However, unless you deleted the emails in the delete folder, it should still be in there. At least that is how it works with Outlook.

Actually I use a programme called Mailwasher to check what is on my server. With that I can delete the spam before it gets to my inbox. I think it was there where it got deleted.

keithb77
July 19th, 2017, 13:27
Thanks Jan, off to get the Aztec update. Just wish they would produce a decent workable paint kit as there are a few Aussie Aztecs I would like to have a go at painting.
Got the Aztec update, works well though it generates a lot of ContentErrors, mostly just sloppy changes to the CFG files but also some gauge errors.
Worst it puts the wrong cmeteo dll intp dll.xml - should be CMeteoXmlx64.dll
Cheers
Keith

Penzoil3
July 19th, 2017, 22:13
That "Content Error" thing is a developer tool. You really need to turn that off, you don't need it, and it will drive you crazy. Had the same problem when P3D 3 came out.
Sue

keithb77
July 20th, 2017, 13:48
That "Content Error" thing is a developer tool. You really need to turn that off, you don't need it, and it will drive you crazy. Had the same problem when P3D 3 came out.
Sue
Well....it's true that Carenado SHOULD have used it to fix their problems, especially the cmeteo dll one....
Cheers
Keith

Penzoil3
July 20th, 2017, 15:00
Well....it's true that Carenado SHOULD have used it to fix their problems, especially the cmeteo dll one....
Cheers
Keith
Hmm, perhaps they re-wrote the dll, and didn't bother to rename it. Since that file is the one that tells the sim that the copy is legit, it obviously works. The plane don't have invisible wings or whatever anymore.
Sue

IanHenry
July 21st, 2017, 00:03
The Aerosoft EE Lightning's work very well in v4.

Ian

papab
July 21st, 2017, 17:07
The 737 Captain for Prepar3D4 has been released (https://www.captainsim.com/products/x737/).The 737 Captain for Prepar3D4 has been released (https://www.captainsim.com/products/x737/).

Version 1.8 updates for FSX/SE/P3D2/3 are also available (https://www.captainsim.com/products/x737/sp1800.html).

Martyn
July 29th, 2017, 02:51
Our Arrow III and Turbo Arrow III/IV are now P3D v4 compatible:

https://www.justflight.com/support/pa28-arrow-iii/30fa7cc
https://www.justflight.com/support/pa28-turbo-arrow/32f5bd1

The Warrior II is also v4 compatible.

Martyn - Just Flight

jeansy
July 29th, 2017, 05:20
The Aerosoft EE Lightning's work very well in v4.

Ian

T5 Too? I dont like the lightning, however the 2 seater does something for me

hschuit
July 29th, 2017, 07:23
T5 Too? I dont like the lightning, however the 2 seater does something for me

Some sound effects (e.g. cockpit switches) do not work unless you manually replace the 32bit ASC.dll module with the 64bit version which is available on the Aerosoft Twotter forum. Also air refuelling does not work but that is not a real deal breaker.

jeansy
July 30th, 2017, 02:15
Some sound effects (e.g. cockpit switches) do not work unless you manually replace the 32bit ASC.dll module with the 64bit version which is available on the Aerosoft Twotter forum. Also air refuelling does not work but that is not a real deal breaker.

Thanks for the reply

Penzoil3
July 30th, 2017, 13:14
Cheers
Keith

Hmm, perhaps they re-wrote the dll, and didn't bother to rename it. Since that file is the one that tells the sim that the copy is legit, it obviously works. The plane don't have invisible wings or whatever anymore.
Sue

FYI in my P3D 4 folder I find this- CMeteoXmlx64.dll

jeansy
July 30th, 2017, 16:00
weird, I have no problems with my install of the new version of the Aztec

have you tried a re download with the antivirus off, and install as admin with antivirus off

Penzoil3
July 30th, 2017, 20:07
Matt, I have no problem, but Keith seems to... I think he has an old installer.
Sue

jeansy
July 31st, 2017, 04:40
Matt, I have no problem, but Keith seems to... I think he has an old installer.
Sue

Yep Im aware

Sorry I shouldve replied to one of his posts or at least started with his name

keithb77
July 31st, 2017, 10:51
weird, I have no problems with my install of the new version of the Aztec

have you tried a re download with the antivirus off, and install as admin with antivirus off

I have a P3Dv4 installer, from PCAviator following the email saying P3Dv4 version was available. Needed the new Serial # to install.
It's possible they updated it immediately with a fix, I'll try downloading again.

Just to restate the problem - the XML.DLL is updated by the installer with the wrong name, still the old 32bit DLL, the NEW 64bitDLL is present as I stated, just not loaded.

Currently I've suppressed all versions of cmeteo...I was having strange time-shift problems, and as Sue pointed out it caused problems with V3 I suppressed it and the problems went away.

Cheers
Keith

AussieMan
August 3rd, 2017, 15:34
Flight1 GTN 650/750 has been released for P3D V4.

Available at: http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=gtncomplete

There is a very involved read on the page before you get to the download link. I purchased after May 2017 the upgrade is free provided you can produce your order number. People who purchased before May 2017 there is a coupon available that allows you to get it for a small price of $US19.95 (I paid $AU26.17 because of the exchange rate). Apparently the one installer is suitable for all versions.

Mbudge
August 10th, 2017, 11:36
Hi all, almost all of Wolfgang Piper's freeware gliders and motorgliders work in v4, he has updated the installers to include Doug Dawson's 64bit sound module. Regards, Mark

Penzoil3
August 11th, 2017, 16:59
The CR1 Aeronca Champ works perfectly in P3D 4. Floats, skis, tundra,and regular versions...
http://cr1-software.com/addons/aeronca-champ/
Sue

expat
August 18th, 2017, 03:17
Pleased to report the following FSX native versions of older a/c work:

AS F-8U Crusader
AS RA-5C Vigilante (both this and F8 look awesome in V4)
SOH Grumman Mallard NB: LDR piston (FSX native) version only
Dassault Falcon F50

Also, I copied the FSX default Goose into V4 Simobjects/airplanes (some say not to do this but don't know why). That made the AI versions appear in the preview, but none with cockpits. I then removed the AI Goose and the FSX Goose with the VC appeared and worked well, however, the wake only appears at very slow speeds - along with concrete scraping sparks - something strange there I don't know the solution to . .

rvn817j
August 20th, 2017, 10:27
Just installed the Area 51 C-17 using the "xml" method. Everything seems to work (buttons, HUD, etc.), but I would sure like to see "000rick000" do his thing with enhanced, upgraded textures.

(I have tried several, MilViz YF-23 and Blue Angels F18, without success. They fly, but cockpit functionality is poor at best.)

YoYo
August 23rd, 2017, 11:38
Good news for Bush Pilot too. FR Super Cub Ultra (1.6) works well in P3Dv4 (only in slew mode I see something strange when You move but its not very important).

http://i.imgur.com/exFvcph.jpg

jeansy
August 24th, 2017, 03:43
Today Ive checked

Work in P3D v4 (straight install into P3Dv4)
Cera 212
Cera 412
Cera 222
Cera UH60
Cera AS365
ND AS350
ND AS350
ND BO105
ND EC130
ND EC135
ND BK117
ND MD900
ND Super Puma
A2A Avro Anson
PMDG 747 v3
Vertigo Hellcat
Vertigo Dauntless
Vertigo Panther
Vertigo Avenger
MPDS Gazelle
MILVIZ CH47
FCS Lancaster
FCS Wellington
Carenado PA28 Arrow
Carenado PA29 Archer (Im also guessing all of the early releases ie 152 etc etc)
Stargate AH1W
ND Hind (modified with MCX and removed the lines from the rotor head)

Apps
Flightsim Commander
REX Airports HD
REX Texture Direct
Ultimate Traffic 2
Ultimate Traffic 2 Live
Active Sky P3Dv4 Beta
VFX Central
GSX
SODE 1.5
RAAS Pro
Editvoice Pack XL

I will be installing more things today and looking

Ones that dont work
Aerosoft Airbus
PMDG 737/777
Mid to late Carenado and sister's
QW Bae146
A2A Connie
Instant scenery v3.7
Sibwings Birddog and AN2
Dirks AP for helos

If you want a copy of the modified Hind model for P3D let me know and I will send the the mdl file, you cant wait for ND to do anything as they have shut shop

rvn817j
August 24th, 2017, 14:09
Tried the Dragon Lady in P3d v4 last evening and all seems to function properly. Used the "xml" addon method. Does anyone know if there is a manual available for this aircraft as I would like to try to get to the operating ceiling of 70,000? I was only able to get to 40,000 last evening and started having engine performance issues. (I checked the Area51 website and my install file for the manual. Maybe it gets installed into another file?)

UnknownGuest12
August 24th, 2017, 15:28
Hi
Reading about "Used the "xml" addon method."

Would someone be so kind and teach me about it?

Thanks

rvn817j
August 24th, 2017, 17:39
Hi
Reading about "Used the "xml" addon method."

Would someone be so kind and teach me about it?

Thanks

Sure. Take a look at my post on page 2 of "P3D Performance Tweaks and Tunes". I think it's my second post on that page. If you have more questions after that, I'll try to give you an answer or, at least, an example of how I do it. I'm no expert by any means.

Dimus
August 24th, 2017, 23:36
Good news for Bush Pilot too. FR Super Cub Ultra (1.6) works well in P3Dv4 (only in slew mode I see something strange when You move but its not very important).

Great news! Time to install on of my favorites!

I wish something could be done about this milky glass though. The only thing that I do not like about this model.

spatialpro
August 25th, 2017, 01:49
Does anyone else have the DHC-1 Chipmunk developed by Aeroplane Heaven and published by Just Flight? I pointed the installation to my v4 folder, but despite no apparent problems with the install the aircraft is invisible in the sim. I've tried deleting and reinstalling but get the same problem. Does anyone else?

simondix
August 25th, 2017, 03:40
Does anyone else have the DHC-1 Chipmunk developed by Aeroplane Heaven and published by Just Flight? I pointed the installation to my v4 folder, but despite no apparent problems with the install the aircraft is invisible in the sim. I've tried deleting and reinstalling but get the same problem. Does anyone else?

Quite a few of the JF planes don't work in P3Dv4 as of yet. I presume JF will update as they go along. Some like the Viscount do work.

spatialpro
August 25th, 2017, 04:26
DaveG kindly let me know that the Chipmunk, and presumably other similar age JF/AH creations, have "a copy protection gauge which is not compatible with v4".

RobM
August 25th, 2017, 12:38
I don't know if already mentioned, but the KCFS Seabee ports just fine to v4.

I recommend using it's Flight1 wrapper (little red airplane) and selecting reinstall. Once unwrapped, you can point the
install towards an empty folder, and then copy/paste the contents

Thanks - Rob

RobM
August 25th, 2017, 12:55
And a couple more blasts from the past: the old A2A WWIIFighters Spitfire Mk1 and ME109E, upgraded for FSX, port perfectly
into v4. Just copy and paste. The outsides look a bit bland, but the vc's look very good, if a bit fps heavy.

As far as I can tell after a few short flights, everything seems to work the same as in FSX (except the usual missing vc switch click
sounds).

I'm glad these could come over: I really like the A2A Spitfires both old and new, but per posts at A2A, it may be awhile before
they can get their WOP3 planes with accusim, including the WOP3 Spitfire, into v4.

- Rob

Jen
August 26th, 2017, 21:13
DaveG kindly let me know that the Chipmunk, and presumably other similar age JF/AH creations, have "a copy protection gauge which is not compatible with v4".

Hi Airtrooper

Do you know, if JF/AH have any plans to open their older products for P3D V4?

I kind of like that Chipmunk :encouragement:

Soeren

tbryson2
August 27th, 2017, 16:55
You mean these lines:

<launch.addon>
<name>A7 Ordnance Weight Manager</name>
<disabled>False</disabled>
<manualload>False</manualload>
<path>D:\P3D Addons\Addon Modules\A7_Ordnance_Mngr.dll</path>
<dllstartname>module_init</dllstartname>
<dllstopname>module_deinit</dllstopname>
</launch.addon>

You posted this a month or so ago. Care to share exactly what you found that made it work? I cannot get my panel to come up. Otherwise, all is working well.

Thanks.

TB2

docjohnson
August 27th, 2017, 18:44
In addition to shutting down the engine (0 RPM) you have to empty the tanks. I don't think I could ever get rid of my inboard tanks. But I was able to configure the weapons, don't think I could release anything except by jettison. I'll have to go fly that one again...late here so I'll post again tomorrow.

UnknownGuest12
August 28th, 2017, 05:19
Sure. Take a look at my post on page 2 of "P3D Performance Tweaks and Tunes". I think it's my second post on that page. If you have more questions after that, I'll try to give you an answer or, at least, an example of how I do it. I'm no expert by any means.

Thanks, regards...

docjohnson
August 28th, 2017, 14:20
Yea the armament control loads the weapons (after RPM 0 % and Emptying the tanks), but you get strange behavior trying to release or launch anything. I could not really get weapons delivery working in V4 with this one...

Martyn
August 30th, 2017, 03:15
Hi Airtrooper

Do you know, if JF/AH have any plans to open their older products for P3D V4?

I kind of like that Chipmunk :encouragement:

Soeren

The following products are now compatible with P3D v4:

DH.104 Dove & Devon
DH.104 Dove & Devon Livery Pack
HS 748 Propliner
DH.98 Mosquito FB Mk VI
Fokker F27 Friendship 100/200/300
DC-10 Collection HD 10-40
DC-10 Collection HD 10-40 Livery Pack
F4U-1 Corsair 'Birdcage'
Meteor F.8/FR.9
DHC-1 Chipmunk
DHC-1B-2 Chipmunk - Bubble Canopy
Canberra PR9
Gulfhawk

Thanks
Martyn

YoYo
August 30th, 2017, 03:24
Thx Martyn! :applause:

gaab
August 30th, 2017, 10:44
Wow :applause:

Thank you VERY much !

Gérard

Martyn
August 31st, 2017, 00:23
We're currently looking into an issue with the HS-748 update which causes the aircraft to be partially invisible. We should have a fix available shortly.

EDIT: This issue should now be fixed. Please download the latest installer from your Just Flight account.

Thanks
Martyn

Mbudge
August 31st, 2017, 08:48
Aerosoft's fab Wilga has been updated for V4, a free update for existing owners. The more radials we can get into P3D the better as far as I'm concerned! Regards, Mark

Mbudge
August 31st, 2017, 08:54
And speaking of Aerosoft, radial engines and Stol, has anyone noticed that they've announced an AN-2, v4 inc? Aerosoft can take their time getting products out but the VC looks well advanced. I miss my cranky, creaky old Sibwings model. Regards, Mark

tbryson2
September 1st, 2017, 08:06
Yea the armament control loads the weapons (after RPM 0 % and Emptying the tanks), but you get strange behavior trying to release or launch anything. I could not really get weapons delivery working in V4 with this one...

Thank you for the reply. The only way I know to get to 0 rpm is to cut the fuel, but havent figured how to empty the tanks yey, ( unless that's done in the basic aircraft config where you add fuel, weight....)

TB2

rvn817j
September 2nd, 2017, 12:39
The P3D v4 compatible MilViz F-4E is out. I acquired mine at MilViz when it was on sale and they sent me a new download link today. (The "ADV" P3D v4 link was also sent out this afternoon.)

fsafranek
September 2nd, 2017, 13:30
The P3D v4 compatible MilViz F-4E is out. I acquired mine at MilViz when it was on sale and they sent me a new download link today. (The "ADV" P3D v4 link was also sent out this afternoon.)
Got notice from them about the F-4J/S being updated as well. Both the E and J/S I downloaded have "A1.170721" version numbers.

DagR
September 2nd, 2017, 23:44
Got notice from them about the F-4J/S being updated as well. Both the E and J/S I downloaded have "A1.170721" version numbers.

And also the tacpack and advanced modules are updated.

YoYo
September 3rd, 2017, 01:56
Update list from Aerosoft: https://www.aerosoft.com/en/fsxp3d/news/what-s-prepar3d-v4-compatible

Wilga X works in v4 now.

tbryson2
September 4th, 2017, 17:30

concerning the Razbam A-7, just a bit more help if you don't mind.

I can successfully load out the aircraft in FSX, but in P3D v4 only get a menu that does nothing on the aircraft.
Is there something else I need to do to make this work?

Dropping bombs are not an issue (yet)

Thanks,

TB2

simondix
September 5th, 2017, 12:22
I have a lot of the Caranedo aircraft that are the normal ones for FSX ie not HD or EX versions. Are they going to be updated for P3Dv4 or is it going to be a job of buying new compatible ones. I know they have updated a few but I just wondered if it was a question of just waiting and they will get round to them all.

ncooper
September 5th, 2017, 13:48
That's what they said.

simondix
September 5th, 2017, 14:32
That's what they said.

Thanks for that. I will wait.

awstub
September 5th, 2017, 19:28
I'm assuming you are referring to the non-Tacpack versions of the A-7.....

...but if you go into the fuel and payload menu and put all the stations to 0, you should be able to use the loadout manager.

concerning the Razbam A-7, just a bit more help if you don't mind.

I can successfully load out the aircraft in FSX, but in P3D v4 only get a menu that does nothing on the aircraft.
Is there something else I need to do to make this work?

Dropping bombs are not an issue (yet)

Thanks,

TB2

tbryson2
September 6th, 2017, 18:13
I'm assuming you are referring to the non-Tacpack versions of the A-7.....

...but if you go into the fuel and payload menu and put all the stations to 0, you should be able to use the loadout manager.

Yes, non Tacpack. (Was there an update I missed or an entirely different aircraft?)

Emptied tanks, no joy. Again, I see a menu, (not a graphical window as in FSX) and nothing happens. I saw somewhere that someone said the dll.xml(?) file had to have an entry. Is this so? There are no unique entries in the dll.xml for FSX

THANKS!

RobM
September 12th, 2017, 12:56
JSS C-160 Transall now updated for P3Dv4. You'll need to download the new installer from your place of purchase
(new v4 installers currently available at Flight1 and PC Aviator).

There's also a new update from v.1b to v.1c available at JSS (does not include the new P3Dv4 installer):

http://jss-simulations.com/

The new update is cumulative and includes all previous fixes. The update installer only goes up to P3Dv3, but I pointed
it at v4 and the update installed just fine.

- Rob

spatialpro
September 15th, 2017, 01:34
The Just Flight BAe Hawk T1 has now been updated and released for P3D v4 :encouragement:

Andy

wombat666
September 19th, 2017, 09:10
Just Flight DC-8 Jetliner Series 10-40 and 50-70 for P3D v4 Updates available now.
:encouragement:

jeansy
September 20th, 2017, 01:47
Just Flight DC-8 Jetliner Series 10-40 and 50-70 for P3D v4 Updates available now.
:encouragement:

Im getting CTD when turning lights on or off in external view,

hschuit
September 20th, 2017, 02:44
I submitted a support ticket because all JF P3DV4 updates I installed sofar are causing a .NET/P3Dv4 crash once I exit the sim. In the process, my controls settings are partly deleted (Standard.xml). I am not the only one, I saw others reporting this on the JF forum.

jeansy
September 20th, 2017, 03:06
I submitted a support ticket because all JF P3DV4 updates I installed sofar are causing a .NET/P3Dv4 crash once I exit the sim. In the process, my controls settings are partly deleted (Standard.xml). I am not the only one, I saw others reporting this on the JF forum.

yeah same and I had all my control mapping wiped

wombat666
September 20th, 2017, 03:30
Im getting CTD when turning lights on or off in external view,

Strange.
I'm not.
And I've installed all the updates for the JF aircraft in my hanger.

:kilroy:

Martyn
September 20th, 2017, 06:08
We are looking into why some users are encountering this issue. Please submit a support ticket on our website if you haven't already done so.

Thanks
Martyn

AussieMan
September 20th, 2017, 18:31
I sent a support ticket to JF.

jeansy
September 20th, 2017, 19:26
I think I found the problem, when i uninstalled it and reinstalled it, it inadvertently deleted the contents of my effects folder

after doing a p3dv4 repair install it works fine now, however how or why it removed all my effects I have no idea, they where there earlier last night prior to installing as I was looking for a vc light

I only noticed today that the only contents where the jf smoke effects

you might want to review the uninstaller

plus again it wiped my control mapping on reinstall but i have a spare xml copy saved so thats no big issue for me

now i just have to repair or install every add on all over again so i can have the effects back to the way it was

Martyn
September 20th, 2017, 23:50
Our installers shouldn't be able to uninstall files other than those included with the product, and shouldn't alter any files related to control mapping, but we are looking into it now.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
September 21st, 2017, 23:52
Unfortunately it looks like an old version of the DC-8 installer might uninstall effects which are used by the DC-8, but also other aircraft, due to commonly used names. It shouldn't uninstall all effects though and we can't reproduce or find a reason for that here. The latest installers won't uninstall these shared effects though.

If you are encountering CTDs in P3D v4, can you let me know which version of Prepar3D and SimConnect you are using? After launching a flight, go to Help > About Lockheed Martin Prepar3D on the top menu bar. We need to know the Prepar3D and SimConnect version numbers.

If you are in touch with our support team then they'll be asking you this via email.

Thanks
Martyn

SiR_RiPPER
September 22nd, 2017, 10:20
We just released the P3Dv4 version of our F-4B/N, along with a major update on our carrier technology.

AussieMan
September 22nd, 2017, 14:58
If you are encountering CTDs in P3D v4, can you let me know which version of Prepar3D and SimConnect you are using? After launching a flight, go to Help > About Lockheed Martin Prepar3D on the top menu bar. We need to know the Prepar3D and SimConnect version numbers.

If you are in touch with our support team then they'll be asking you this via email.

Thanks
Martyn

Here is mine Martyn.

jeansy
September 22nd, 2017, 20:01
We just released the P3Dv4 version of our F-4B/N, along with a major update on our carrier technology.

I like the look of the upcoming battle group package, the DDGs have me sold

Martyn
September 23rd, 2017, 00:41
Here is mine Martyn.

Thanks Pat. It looks like we've tracked down the cause of the DC-8 50 to 70 CTD and the developer is working on it now.

With Henk's assistance we've tracked down the cause of the CTDs that occur when switching aircraft and exiting P3D. We'll need to update the installers for a variety of products and we'll be doing that ASAP.

Martyn

jeansy
September 23rd, 2017, 03:07
Thanks Pat. It looks like we've tracked down the cause of the DC-8 50 to 70 CTD and the developer is working on it now.

With Henk's assistance we've tracked down the cause of the CTDs that occur when switching aircraft and exiting P3D. We'll need to update the installers for a variety of products and we'll be doing that ASAP.

Martyn

while your there can you revisit the night wing textures for the NAVY EW aircraft, theres lots of light for very few windows

ColoKent
September 23rd, 2017, 04:41

Martyn, I managed to finally "trick" the P3Dv4 -50 to -70 DC-8 into loading onto my Win10 system last night (took two nights playing with installer compatibility settings...just won't launch) and it seems to be flying fine. When I managed to get the DC-8 -10 to -40 installer to finally launch (two nights of fiddling around also), there was no option to install into P3D v4...only radio buttons for install to v1, 2, or 3. So, glad to hear the installers will be fixed. Also glad to hear the CTD when switching planes will be fixed (has been happening since I reloaded the gorgeous Fokker F-27 into P3Dv4)...now if we could only get a service pack that included an external tanks option for the F27-200...grin...I know, ain't never gonna happen.

All good news from you, however.

Kent

ncooper
September 23rd, 2017, 05:11
This is not my experience either with Windows 10 or the installer which does indeed offer the P3D v4 option.
No tricks were required and I have to wonder if you have somehow been using the old installer version.

https://s19.postimg.org/ropvikqmr/Untitled.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/ss9zujb9v/Untitled1.jpg

ColoKent
September 23rd, 2017, 18:18
ncooper-- Now you've got me wondering. I didn't get a choice of installers...I logged into Just Flight, went to "my Account" and redownloaded...and attempted to launch them-- no choice of installers that I know of. I suspect the link in my account probably does point to the old (non-P3D v4) installer for the DC-8-10 to -40 series-- which is why I didn't get that option. When I finally did get the installer on the DC-8-50 to -70 series to acutally launch, it did give me a P3D V4 option. I would have thought that when JF announces "Updated to P3D v4", it would mean anyone who bought it can access the new installers. But maybe not...

Kent

UPDATE - Well I'll be DIPPED...I went back tonight to the JF site, logged in, and voila! There was an option for DC-8 -10 to -40 for P3D v4. Don't know if it was in response to my post, it was simply late going up, or if I was simply oblivious to it being there since release. Either way, thanks to the folks at JF.

SkippyBing
September 24th, 2017, 08:22
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54209&stc=1

I've finished updating the Sea Fury for P3D4. Along with updating the engine control gauge to 64 bit, I've also reworked the gun sight to function as a gyro gun sight with selectable target wing span and range, tweaked a couple of sound settings, and changed the material settings so reflections work allowing bare metal repaints. There are three new paint schemes in the new version, Burmese Air Force 1 Sqn, Cuban Air Force, and RAN 805NAS post Korea.
I'll be sending a free download link to everyone with the original version as soon as I can get the email addresses out of the system. For anyone else interested it's available at the link below.

http://store.payloadz.com/details/2535016-software-games-sea-fury-p3d4.html

Note the Burmese and Cuban aircraft weren't actually bare metal, which disappointed me when I found out!

AussieMan
September 24th, 2017, 14:51
Is this upgrade free to current owners of the Sea Fury or will it finish up joining the A2A hangar queens?

speedy70
September 24th, 2017, 15:04
Pat if you read what he says.He will be sending out emails for the FREE update------

Cheers Chris

Martyn
September 25th, 2017, 00:13

Martyn

Over the weekend we identified an issue with SimConnect which caused some users to encounter CTDs in P3D v4 when switching from our aircraft to another aircraft, or when exiting P3D.

The following products were updated yesterday to address the issue and the latest installers can be downloaded from your account:

Canberra
Chipmunk
Chipmunk (Bubble Canopy)
DC8 10-40
DC8 50-70
DH104 Dove
F4U1 Corsair
F27 Friendship
Gulfhawk
Hawk T1
HS748
Hunter
Meteor
Mosquito FBVI
Tristar Professional
C-46 Commando
One Eleven
Arrow III
Arrow III + Turbo Arrow III/IV pack
Turbo Arrow III/IV
TB10/TB20

Thanks
​​​​​​​Martyn

jeansy
September 27th, 2017, 05:32
Over the weekend we identified an issue with SimConnect which caused some users to encounter CTDs in P3D v4 when switching from our aircraft to another aircraft, or when exiting P3D.

The following products were updated yesterday to address the issue and the latest installers can be downloaded from your account:

Canberra
Chipmunk
Chipmunk (Bubble Canopy)
DC8 10-40
DC8 50-70
DH104 Dove
F4U1 Corsair
F27 Friendship
Gulfhawk
Hawk T1
HS748
Hunter
Meteor
Mosquito FBVI
Tristar Professional
C-46 Commando
One Eleven
Arrow III
Arrow III + Turbo Arrow III/IV pack
Turbo Arrow III/IV
TB10/TB20

Thanks
​​​​​​​Martyn

After downloading the new versions today

Im finding the tristar is invisible both internal and external, only 2d panel views work

if I switch to another JF product they are semi invisible as well

if i switch to another non JF product then try another JF product they appear to work

but if I try the tristar again, i get nothing

please refer to the posted video, it maybe still uploading so please check back at later time

https://youtu.be/oyCHHPRhGTA

Martyn
September 27th, 2017, 06:50
Hi Matt,

That's not something that we've come across before but please contact our support team and they'll find a solution for you.

Thanks
Martyn

flaviossa
September 27th, 2017, 14:59
Mr Martyn, what about the DC10HD package that was already updated to p3dv4? Will it need a new installer too? Itīs not in your addon list above.

jeansy
September 27th, 2017, 20:22
Hi Matt,

That's not something that we've come across before but please contact our support team and they'll find a solution for you.

Thanks
Martyn

no need i was able to resolve it

I only own the tristar not tristar pro package

owner operator error on my behalf, soz, i didnt release there was two versions

Martyn
September 27th, 2017, 23:40
The DC-10 HD doesn't use our gauge system so it doesn't require the same update, however it does use some gauges provided by other developers and we are looking into issues with some of those.

Thanks
Martyn

flaviossa
September 28th, 2017, 05:09
Thanks for the feedback mr. Martyn :encouragement:

jeansy
October 6th, 2017, 04:15
Cerasim updates to v4

Cera AS365N3
Cera Sikorsky UH60L
Cera Bell222

Manschy
October 8th, 2017, 02:13
Lots of the UKMIL aircraft work fine - especially the helis do. Like the Puma and CH-47, they are no upmarket in the systems though... But visually they are great!

jeansy
October 14th, 2017, 03:28
A late post as ive been distracted by Miltons Havoc

the latest version of PTA for v4.1 has been released a few days ago

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/521821-pta-v260-released-p3d-v41-compatibility-new-features/

SpaceWeevil
October 21st, 2017, 02:42
A few more from Carenado are now V4 compatible - sorry if this is already known..

B200 King Air HD Series
C90B King Air HD Series
V35B Bonanza
F33A Bonanza
PA-28 181 Archer II

Nice to see the V35B Bonanza which I'm sure was originally only for FSX :)

DaveWG
October 22nd, 2017, 01:56
Restauravia have updated their Fouga Magister and Zephyr for P3dV4.

http://restauravia.fr/html/creations_p3d_v_4.html

jeansy
October 23rd, 2017, 05:29
Sorry its a few days old,

Majestic have released the P3Dv4 Dash8-400

Its not a free upgrade, there is a small fee ie about $20USD to update

Manschy
October 23rd, 2017, 14:29
Restauravia have updated their Fouga Magister and Zephyr for P3dV4.

http://restauravia.fr/html/creations_p3d_v_4.html

Arrgh - one of my favourites missed in the v4 hangar so far. Thank you very much for hint...

musterpilot
November 16th, 2017, 20:20
Carenado Cessna 185F has been updated to P3DV4 today

vora
November 18th, 2017, 15:03
Carenado Cessna 185F has been updated to P3DV4 today

... as has their Cessna 208B Grand Caravan with steam gauges :encouragement:

I have just updated the C185F from simflight (new buy for 0 €), the C208B from Aerosoft shop.