PDA

View Full Version : Coca Cola 600

Panther_99FS
June 1st, 2017, 17:00
I missed the race.....What happened be Dillon and KB?

Daveroo
June 1st, 2017, 19:21
i think dillon won,kb ran out of fuel...or he was second...i cant remember...........meds......

Roxane-21
June 2nd, 2017, 01:23
Kyle Busch and Truex Jr hit the pit road for fuel with 30 laps to go while Dillon and Johnson stayed out.

Johnson and Dillon were P1 and P2, with Busch and Truex chasing them.

Busch and Truex were initially gaining 1.5s per lap on the leaders, enough to close the gap before last lap.

Johnson ran out of fuel with one lap to go. Busch and Truex lost valuable time passing lapped cars.

Dillon won the race on fumes. He even didn't have fuel enough to make the traditional donuts.

stansdds
June 2nd, 2017, 02:11
Good for Austin Dillon! Sometimes a gamble pays off, sometimes you run out of gas half-way through the last lap. With the rain delay, I could not stay up that late to watch the end. Getting old sucks.

PRB
June 2nd, 2017, 05:59
I'm so happy that Dillon has decided on his own unique signature dance move to perform when he wins a race. You have to have one, right? I never got to see the #3 win a race before. What moves did Dale Sr. do after winning a race? :)

Daveroo
June 2nd, 2017, 07:43
I'm so happy that Dillon has decided on his own unique signature dance move to perform when he wins a race. You have to have one, right? I never got to see the #3 win a race before. What moves did Dale Sr. do after winning a race? :)

lol...that right there is hilarious!!!

eddie
June 2nd, 2017, 12:18

Only time I recall Sr doing anything was after he won Daytona, he spun around in the grass, to leave the #3 carved into it, but other then that, never saw him do anything, except going over to the winners circle.

Panther_99FS
June 2nd, 2017, 19:29
LoL okay thanks folks!

stansdds
June 3rd, 2017, 02:45

Dale was not real big on doing burn outs and I don't recall him ever dancing in celebration.

PRB
June 3rd, 2017, 12:17
Dale was not real big on doing burn outs and I don't recall him ever dancing in celebration.

Lol, I know that. That was my way of expressing my "fatigue" with all these drivers today who have to have "a thing" to do after they win a race. I liked Carl Edwards and am sad to see him gone, but the back flip thing, seriously, enough already... Dillon's "water slide" thing... dang...

eddie
June 3rd, 2017, 15:57
Lol, I know that. That was my way of expressing my "fatigue" with all these drivers today who have to have "a thing" to do after they win a race. I liked Carl Edwards and am sad to see him gone, but the back flip thing, seriously, enough already... Dillon's "water slide" thing... dang...

Just like in football, some of these acts are outright stupid. After scoring a touchdown, getting an interception or a sack, looks like acting class is putting on try outs,lol I think the burnouts in racing are getting old too.

stansdds
June 4th, 2017, 03:47
I understand the joy that comes with a victory and I think some celebration is in order. Putting the front bumper of your car against the wall, then mashing the gas pedal creates noise and smoke, but it's not a real burnout and it looks a bit lame. I like how Bad Brad celebrates, with a big American flag sticking out the driver's window and a taking a wrong-way lap around the track. I also liked how Tony Stewart celebrated, by going into the stands to be with the fans.

But let's not forget one unforgettable celebration and that would be the Darrell Waltrip dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWfGRZlCXaA

Yep, I think we both went to the same dance school and learned the same moves! :biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Daveroo
June 4th, 2017, 07:47
the ickie shuffle !!