PDA

View Full Version : F-15E Avionics Upgrade [M2_AU], where?

Hamilton01
May 30th, 2017, 04:02
Dear friends,

Thanks to a nice user here that sent me the (only) link to buy the fantastic,marvelous Iris Pro Series F-15E, but unfortunately I canīt get the F-15E Avionics Upgrade [M2_AU]. It seems like: "0 Units in Stock" ?!?

Could anyone please point me a link to buy or sell me (I would pay accordingly,of course), Iīm so in love with this product ( I consider (with VRS FA-18) the best military addon ever to FSX/P3D.

I thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Hamilton

fsafranek
May 30th, 2017, 12:30
Are you referring to the F-15E Avionics Upgrade from Metal2Mesh?

http://metal2mesh.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2&zenid=d4ko5e8bce5nhvh5j3emtr72r0

Hamilton01
May 30th, 2017, 13:35
Are you referring to the F-15E Avionics Upgrade from Metal2Mesh?

http://metal2mesh.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2&zenid=d4ko5e8bce5nhvh5j3emtr72r0

Yes Sir, thatīs the one, if you look at the botton thereīs a "Sold Out" msg for this product... If you know a working link or other option to purchase it Iīd be very grateful.

Rgds,

Hamilton

DaveB
May 30th, 2017, 23:08
Hi Hamilton,

I'm not 100% sure about the history behind this but seem to remember a falling out between parties resulting in both the model and Muden Avionics update being withdrawn from sale. Hope I'm wrong for your sake but this rings bells in my old addled brain. The Avionics update has displayed as 'Sold Out' for a very long time.

ATB
DaveB:)

Daube
May 31st, 2017, 00:11
Metal2Mesh was supposed to produce a new version of the F-15 completely from scratch, that's also (some other reasons might be involved) why they stopped selling the Avionics Upgrade.
However, in the meanwhile they started developping for DCS right after they released the Mirage 2000 for FSX/P3D.
Since then, we never heard about them in the FS world. A sister company (kinf of like Carenado and Alabeo) of Metal2Mesh started working on a Vigilante, but the project is totally quiet since several months (years?).

My guess is the whole M2M team (including smaller groups) wants to forget about FS/P3D and focus on DCS only.

Hamilton01
May 31st, 2017, 08:39
My guess is the whole M2M team (including smaller groups) wants to forget about FS/P3D and focus on DCS only.

The strangest thing is the link beside the F-15E Avionics Upgrade is the WORKING Mirage M2K-C link. I checked and the Mirage is a valid link,so is not dead at all...

Hamilton01
May 31st, 2017, 08:43
Hi Hamilton,

I'm not 100% sure about the history behind this but seem to remember a falling out between parties resulting in both the model and Muden Avionics update being withdrawn from sale. Hope I'm wrong for your sake but this rings bells in my old addled brain. The Avionics update has displayed as 'Sold Out' for a very long time.

ATB

Thanks Dave,but as I said to Daube the link beside is working (Mirage M2K-C). Go figure...

Rgds

Daube
May 31st, 2017, 10:04
I'm not saying M2M is dead. I'm saying they stopped developping for FSX ;)

hae5904
May 31st, 2017, 11:48
I'm not saying M2M is dead. I'm saying they stopped developping for FSX ;)

For the time being, nothing is definitive.

Hank

Hamilton01
May 31st, 2017, 15:16
Iīd really like to understand how one can sell out of a download product, and with A LOT of of customers wanting to spend money on their product, but there it is...

strykerpsg
May 31st, 2017, 16:32
Hamilton quoted: "Iīd really like to understand how one can sell out of a download product, and with A LOT of of customers wanting to spend money on their product, but there it is..."

It's not a matter of running out of a digital product but more to the point of not having to provide support any longer. Also, if there was already potentially bad blood between the other party, makes sense to make the other's product less attractive an offer.

Ultimately, it's their choice to either continue to allow the product to be downloaded and purchased or not.

Hamilton01
May 31st, 2017, 17:12
I respect your opinion strykerpsg, but they quoted: "Sold Out", not me.The link is still there for BOTH products:

http://metal2mesh.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_2_5&zenid=d4ko5e8bce5nhvh5j3emtr72r0

"" it's their choice to either continue to allow the product to be downloaded and purchased or not ""

Yes,it is. But business is business and itīs my choice to complain about took away a winner product without advice and without explanation to their loyal customers.

strykerpsg
May 31st, 2017, 22:41
Have you thought about the Milviz Strike Eagle offering? It's arguably a better product since there's nothing else to add to her and still very much supported.

Naruto-kun
June 1st, 2017, 04:54
We are finding it difficult to keep on supporting the current F-15E though. Not having the source code for the weapons systems is making things difficult.

Hamilton01
June 1st, 2017, 05:57
Have you thought about the Milviz Strike Eagle offering? It's arguably a better product since there's nothing else to add to her and still very much supported.

No Sir,I havenīt. I really LOVE the Iris F-15, in my opinion itīs far better than Milviz one and I hope to get that M2M Avionics upgrade.

Daube
June 1st, 2017, 06:14
We are finding it difficult to keep on supporting the current F-15E though. Not having the source code for the weapons systems is making things difficult.

That seems like a very good reason to build a new one that would use TacPack instead of a custom weapon system ;)
(I mean, when TacPack is available for P3Dv4, that is... :banghead: )

DaveB
June 1st, 2017, 06:46
Out of interest, where did you buy the Iris model from Hamilton? Iris no longer sell it even though it's listed if you dig hard enough. I have their first release but missed the Mudhen Driver version.

I'm also wondering how it is 'far better' than the Milviz model?
ATB

Hamilton01
June 1st, 2017, 08:14
where did you buy the Iris model from

As I said here (up, first post) a kind user sent me a pvt msg (here SOH) with 2 links, the first was OFF and the second is still working. About my Iris F-15 choice, Itīs not perfect (thatīs because I want the Avionic Upg) but it is still better than Milviz.

Why? Some reasons, I prefer do not to discuss here since my point with this thread is just to get help to find a working link to the M2M Avionic Upgrade or someone that do not use it and want to sell me.

Rgds,

Hamilton

DaveB
June 1st, 2017, 08:51
Fair enough though generally speaking, if something is for sale, it's not to the chosen few via PM so I assume someone has passed you a copy. No problem with that. If you're going to get your hands on the Avionics update.. the only way it's gonna happen is also in private. No problem with that either.

ATB

Hamilton01
June 1st, 2017, 09:26
so I assume someone has passed you a copy.

No Sir ! I paid U$ 35,96 for this product last Monday from a major FlightSim company and the link is still there. The reason it was via PM is simply because we guess the company maybe didnīt realize that link is still ON. Another reason if you go to the main page and hit the search button with Iris, the F-15 will not show.And I think if goes public certanly they will take the link off. But if you want I can send you also via PM.

Rgds,

Hamilton

DaveB
June 1st, 2017, 10:44
OK matey.. I see where you're coming from. However.. if folk are still able to buy it from the store in question, surely Iris are getting a percentage from the sales. Perhaps the vendor doesn't list what the payments are for so Iris just receive money and if there are other Iris products on sale at the same price.. then they may not know its for the F15.
As I said above, you can find the F15 at Iris on this link.. http://www.irissimulations.com.au/hangar/flight-simulator-planes . Click on the F15 hyperlink off that page and it will take you to the product page. The only thing you can't do is buy the darned thing!!

ATB

Hamilton01
June 1st, 2017, 12:26
Click on the F15 hyperlink off that page and it will take you to the product page. The only thing you can't do is buy the darned thing!!

Exactly! Iīm sending you the working link via PM.

Rgds

Hamilton

DaveB
June 1st, 2017, 13:08
Cheers Hamilton:encouragement:

If neither party intend selling their products (these particular products), I think it's about time reference to them were removed from both sites. All it does is remind the community of something they don't need a reminder of and winds up simmers who want to buy them!

Come the revolution... :biggrin-new:
ATB

Mach3DS
June 1st, 2017, 13:47
Don't remind them until I buy my copy Dave!

Hamilton01
June 1st, 2017, 14:12
Come the revolution... :biggrin-new:

Yes indeed.:encouragement:

Cheers

Hamilton

Hamilton01
June 1st, 2017, 14:16
Don't remind them until I buy my copy Dave!

"Run, Forrest, Run!" :running:

:biggrin-new:

Cheers

Hamilton

DaveB
June 2nd, 2017, 06:42
hahahaha..

Fear not.. I'll not be telling anyone. If something is legally for sale and folk wish to buy it.. all power to the consumer:encouragement:
ATB