PDA

View Full Version : Sode

dhasdell
May 27th, 2017, 22:47
SODE installed itself when I installed iBlueyonder's Heron's Nest v2 and now whenever I start FSX-SE, but not P3d, it asks if i want to allow it? Do I, or is it a developer tool that I can safely deactivate?

ncooper
May 27th, 2017, 23:49
It's software that allows simulator animations and you can run it without risk.
Here (http://sode.12bpilot.ch/).

dhasdell
May 28th, 2017, 05:26
Thank you. Do I actually need it for Heron's Nest, or is it a developers' tool which I can safely delete? If I need it, can I edit something somewhere so that I don't have to allow it every time I start a session?

David

cavaricooper
May 28th, 2017, 06:47
Without it you won't see Heron's... and it's used by many others to show jetways etc. I leave it well alone, and so far it seems harmless. If you select Trusted, you shouldn't have to allow each time...

HTH

Carl

dhasdell
May 28th, 2017, 09:24
Ok, thank you.

David

IanP
May 28th, 2017, 10:18
SODE puts a lot of functionality back into FSX that ACES "forgot" to add, after FS9. Basically, you can use it to display any .mdl using parameters such as the weather, season, time, wind direction, etc. It's a really useful tool and hopefully you'll see it used more, not less, in future FSX scenery development. :)

Ian P.

rich12545
May 28th, 2017, 19:08
It would be nice if it only needs to be acknowledged once like all the other stuff FSX doesn't recognize.

dhasdell
May 28th, 2017, 22:51
It would be nice if it only needs to be acknowledged once

Yes - that was really what prompted me to ask my question in the first place. P3d seems to have accepted it.

IanP
May 29th, 2017, 03:46
It should only need to be accepted once, the same as any dll/gau file. That implies that, for some reason, it's not being written to fsx.cfg. Is your sim shutting down properly at the end of running?

Ian P.

dhasdell
June 1st, 2017, 02:36
Yes it closes down properly, but I've reinstalled AIcarriers and it also asks for authorisation every time I start up. Might it be a Steam thing? I've noticed that Steam created both FSX-SE and FSX folders in ProgramData.

rich12545
June 2nd, 2017, 15:32
I'm wondering what would happen if I installed an SODE program like heron but didn't install SODE. Would the program crash or create some other result?

cavaricooper
June 3rd, 2017, 04:44
In that case you would not see Heron's as it is entirely dependent on SODE.

HTH- C