PDA

View Full Version : F8F-2 FSX Modified problem

Eoraptor1
May 23rd, 2017, 08:31
I just downloaded Milton Shupe's F8F Bearcat mod for FSX here at the Outhouse. Installation went fine, but none of my panel gauges show up. What did I do wrong here?

Many Thanks,

JAMES

Milton Shupe
May 23rd, 2017, 13:43
I just downloaded Milton Shupe's F8F Bearcat mod for FSX here at the Outhouse. Installation went fine, but none of my panel gauges show up. What did I do wrong here?

Many Thanks,

JAMES

James,

Are you running FSX or P3D?

The panel uses the old .gau format for the main gauges so that may not work in P3D 2.0 and later.

Eoraptor1
May 23rd, 2017, 21:06
James,

Are you running FSX or P3D?

The panel uses the old .gau format for the main gauges so that may not work in P3D 2.0 and later.

Thank you for answering. LOVE your stuff. In answer to your question, I'm running FSX in Windows 10.

JAMES

Milton Shupe
May 24th, 2017, 04:38
Thank you for answering. LOVE your stuff. In answer to your question, I'm running FSX in Windows 10.

JAMES

Hi James, thank you, and just to clarify, the Bearcat is a product of ALPHA BLEU CIEL. Ed Wells and I only did mods to it (with permissions) so it could be used in FSX. See below.

With respect to your issue, the product runs great on FSX for me and others. So, ensure that when you select the aircraft, that you respond yes to the gauge question, and yes to trusted. Otherwise you will not see the primary panel gauges.

F8F-2 Grumman Bearcat Panel and VC Mods by Milton Shupe and Ed Wells

---------------------------------------------------
For the Original Package by:

Bearcat F8F-2 with belly tank.
Designed by Oldliner52 with Gmax
Gauges by Jean Pierre Langer
Flight Dynamics: Jean Pierre Bourgeois, Benoit Dubé
Textures by John Terrell
---------------------------------------------------

That excellent original package was modified by permission in January 2014 as shown below from the aircraft.cfg.

//************************************************** ******
//
// Grumman F8F Bearcat
// version 2b
// ALPHA BLEU CIEL
// 2006 feb 03
// Milton Shupe changes Jan21, 2014
//************************************************** ******

Eoraptor1
May 25th, 2017, 19:58
Thank you again for answering. I'm aware of the need to allow gauges, which is only one thing that makes this a mystery. At least one other of my a/c that worked fine before, now also has missing and/or invisible gauges in the VC. This has occurred both in my "active" install and my backup install. I'm going to have to do some more investigation to find out exactly what's going on here.

JAMES

Milton Shupe
May 26th, 2017, 05:38
Thank you again for answering. I'm aware of the need to allow gauges, which is only one thing that makes this a mystery. At least one other of my a/c that worked fine before, now also has missing and/or invisible gauges in the VC. This has occurred both in my "active" install and my backup install. I'm going to have to do some more investigation to find out exactly what's going on here.

JAMES

James, as an aside, "Unforgiven" is one of my favorite all time movies. :-)

Daveroo
May 26th, 2017, 06:33
not that its any of my business ,but what does the movie "Unforgiven" have to do with this thread,ive read the thread several times trying to find a reference to the movie....which is a fantastic movie btw...lol....

Milton Shupe
May 26th, 2017, 06:51
not that its any of my business ,but what does the movie "Unforgiven" have to do with this thread,ive read the thread several times trying to find a reference to the movie....which is a fantastic movie btw...lol....

I noticed it in Eorapter1's signature; had to note that. :-)

Eoraptor1
May 26th, 2017, 17:19
James, as an aside, "Unforgiven" is one of my favorite all time movies. :-)

I was lukewarm the first time I saw it, but it grew on me and is now one of my all time favorite movies. I view it as The Man With No Name growing into his old age and dealing with his past, just as I now view High Plains Drifter as a kind of anti-High Noon wherein Gary Cooper's character is killed and his restless spirit comes back to exact vengeance on the townspeople who didn't back him up. (BTW: I never quite believed the townspeople in High Noon; I believe those frontier townspeople had to be very touch just to survive) I'm a deep Clint Eastwood fan; I think he has a very interesting body of work. I don't necessarily believe everything his film mythos proffers about America, but it's a very interesting critique nonetheless. I recently finished re-watching Play Misty For Me; and am now convinced Fatal Attraction was a rip-off of Clint. Did I just hijack my own thread?

Just downloaded your Spartan Exec. Thank you very much. I love old planes.

JAMES

Milton Shupe
May 26th, 2017, 17:29
I was lukewarm the first time I saw it, but it grew on me and is now one of my all time favorite movies. I view it as The Man With No Name growing into his old age and dealing with his past, just as I now view High Plains Drifter as a kind of anti-High Noon wherein Gary Cooper's character is killed and his restless spirit comes back to exact vengeance on the townspeople who didn't back him up. (BTW: I never quite believed the townspeople in High Noon; I believe those frontier townspeople had to be very touch just to survive) I'm a deep Clint Eastwood fan; I think he has a very interesting body of work. I don't necessarily believe everything his film mythos proffers about America, but it's a very interesting critique nonetheless. I recently finished re-watching Play Misty For Me; and am now convinced Fatal Attraction was a rip-off of Clint. Did I just hijack my own thread?

Just downloaded your Spartan Exec. Thank you very much. I love old planes.

JAMES

It's your thread and your perogative.

The Spartan is definitely old; mine is 12 years, versus 80 years RW.

PhantomTweak
May 26th, 2017, 21:33
I view it as The Man With No Name growing into his old age and dealing with his past...
Just so you know, The Virginian (The Man with No Name!) is on almost every evening on the channel named INSP. I am not sure what number channel it is, but it's on the DirectTV satellite system. No idea where it's broadcast, or if it even IS broadcast.
I watch it every night, and thoroughly enjoy every episode. It's the only 90 min show, I've ever seen, or heard of. It gave the producers and writers more time to tell a better story, IMO. Even better than a 60 min show. Very enjoyable, for me anyway.
Sorry, we now return you to your original thread...
Pat☺

Eoraptor1
May 31st, 2017, 10:57
It's your thread and your perogative.

The Spartan is definitely old; mine is 12 years, versus 80 years RW.

Mr. Shupe,

I'm now convinced there's only a tangential connection to your F8F mods. I have gauges not showing up in planes (and rotorcraft) where I know for a fact they worked before. There's something going on with my installs, and finding out what exactly that is will take more investigation. I don't recall ever having refused a gauge on any plane. I have tried to install FS9 portovers where the gauges were FS98 vintage and just wouldn't work, but as I said the missing gauges are by and large from a/c whose panels I know to have worked perfectly and now are not. Time to put on my Sherlock hat.

Thanks again for the Spartan.

JAMES