PDA

View Full Version : FSX multiplayer jitter issues

killmigs
May 21st, 2017, 09:32
Hello all - have not found any answer to this issue on any forum anywhere and any articles I have found are years old. Seems odd. At any rate here's what's happening. My 2 PC's are on same network at home via Ethernet cables. I can host and join from either no problem. However when I fly formation the other aircraft jerks back and forth rapidly. The strange part is that I only it on the HIGH END i7 6700K PC. My other mid end PC doesn't have that issue! I am connected in FSX via the host/join session option - not connect directly with IP address option. Additionally - again only on the i7 machine - even when I am NOT using multiplayer but just in Freeflight, when I form up on an AI generated aircraft I see it stutter as well although not as much as on multiplayer. Everything else runs silky smooth...

i am am at a loss to understand why - any help is much appreciated!

thanks

mig21bis
May 21st, 2017, 09:52
killmigs, we've had your problem many times over the years and always solved them by locking frames at 30 on the PC that is seeing the jitters (we do it on all in MP now). Applies to P3D, too.

killmigs
May 21st, 2017, 10:54
Mig21bis - you were right on! Locked the FPS at 32 and problem is GONE! Thanks a million! Ironic about the callsigns too lol