PDA

View Full Version : Engine Type changes

WarHorse47
May 16th, 2017, 06:26
Yesterday, I picked up the Aerosoft SeaHawk & JayHawk. Not bad, but a little outdated.

The one thing that I didn't care for was the sounds. Not robust enough. So I set about finding some replacement sounds. As it turns out the replacement sounds didn't work as expected. Unlike my other helos, this one was setup with an engine_type=1 (Jet) instead of engine_type=3 (Helo-Turbine). Once I changed the engine type the replacement sounds worked fine.

Although the SeaHawk/JayHawk seem to fly fine, I was wondering if I should have taken another approach? Or perhaps I need to look at updating or swapping out some other parameters in the aircraft.cfg? I read somewhere that changing the engine type also affects some other parameters, but am not sure just what.

Thought I might throw out these questions to some of the experts in the forum who might be able to shed some more light on these parameters or other 'mild' mods to this product.

Thanks in advance.

Victory103
May 16th, 2017, 18:37
WH,

You may find more info on Hovercontrol about small mods to this model as it is an older one based off the FS9 version. I have a whole list of changes that will probably never see the light of day.

WarHorse47
May 16th, 2017, 19:02
Thanks Victory.

Been there. Done that. :dizzy:

Didn't find any specific mods to this product, but did find some related discussions. There appears to be some correlation with the fuel_flow_scalar setting based on the engine_type. My other similar (Blackhawk) helos have different settings, so its hard to make any adjustments without knowing precisely what works best.

Anyway, I've been doing all sorts of flights today and haven't encountered any issues. Still sounds great with the new sounds.

Cheers :very_drunk: