PDA

View Full Version : Rex Skyforce 3d. Ouch!

jeffv
May 15th, 2017, 05:30
:jump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxNkk-A2TXk&t=22s

Naruto-kun
May 15th, 2017, 06:01
Predictive Text changed Out to Ouch?

jeffv
May 15th, 2017, 06:10
Predictive Text changed Out to Ouch?

If i could write "out", i would be really happy my friend. lol.

I think "Sky force" will be the best cloud model and weather system. When i look at this i dont know why i would buy Flight sim World. I think FSW have a big challenge to face.

On Sky force forum they tell that they are close to beta testing. Good news.

griphos
May 15th, 2017, 06:59
That looks very good, but why are you supposing it won't be developed for FSW? In fact, FSW may be best suited to handle a system like this, given both its 64-bit architecture and the fact that this is a complete rewrite of the ESP weather system, according to REX, and so not necessarily platform bound.

And, as a real pilot, I can tell you that most of the weather in that video is weather I'd never fly in!!

patful
May 15th, 2017, 07:02
It says frame rates aren't an issue in the comments section. I've been loyal to AS, but wow!

dvj
May 15th, 2017, 07:17
Is this a year old? The YouTube post shows a publish date of June 9, 2016.

Bjoern
May 15th, 2017, 07:26
The REX forum states the current development phase for SkyForce.

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/test_forums/index.php?/forum/187-rex-sky-force-3d-for-fsx-fsxse-and-prepar3d/

jeffv
May 15th, 2017, 08:15
Good news i think.

"
STATUS UPDATE – REX SKY FORCE: IN DEVELOPMENT PHASE
3/17/2017 – Here is the latest update on REX SKY FORCE....We are now integrating all the new and latest developments of SKY Force into the interfaces. Once this aspect of the development is complete we will be moving into what we call the DEBUG phase where we start beta testing the product. Because of the tremendous amount of internal testing we have done, we expect this process to go rather quickly."

jeffv
May 15th, 2017, 08:23
That looks very good, but why are you supposing it won't be developed for FSW? In fact, FSW may be best suited to handle a system like this, given both its 64-bit architecture and the fact that this is a complete rewrite of the ESP weather system, according to REX, and so not necessarily platform bound.

And, as a real pilot, I can tell you that most of the weather in that video is weather I'd never fly in!!

Youre right but when you see the amount of work they have to do with FSW this may take a couple of years. And when we spends +1000$ in scenery, planes, tools, weather engine and texture improvement i think most people dont want to pay again. I think this is the biggest problems with FSW.

griphos
May 15th, 2017, 10:44
Do you have some inside information as to how much work it would take to adapt this to FSW?

The rest of your argument is beside the point (and likely not to be correct either...since, if FSW turns out to be a better, more capable sim, even those who have invested heavily in FSX/etc, like me, will likely buy in). It's kind of flawed logic overall. You've spent thousands on cars you've owned in the past, and yet still buy newer, better cars. I don't think BMW worries too much that you've already spent money on a different car.

I don't think the biggest problem for FSW is people who have already invested in a different flight sim. The biggest problem is making a very good flight sim. If they do, I suspect they'll be fine.

So, while this is a very interesting project REX is developing (and much better on target than some of their other recent efforts), your framing this as some kind of threat to a completely different flight sim seems a bit naive.

jeffv
May 15th, 2017, 11:14
That's a good point Griphos, that's a good point. But you know its really hard to see 1200$ going into trash can.

I hope FSW will grow fast with good addons.

griphos
May 15th, 2017, 11:39
Don't think of it as going into the trash can. Why would you? Haven't you been enjoying your flight sim experiences?

I regularly spend $50-100 on a nice meal out with the wife or wife and kids. I don't think of that as going into the trash can (or some other less savory receptacle). Think of the hours and hours you've spent enjoying your highly enhanced flight sim, and amortize that time into the cost and I'll bet you've spent less, per hour, than I spend eating out. And certainly less per hour than I spend actually flying!!

b52bob
May 16th, 2017, 06:43
Don't think of it as going into the trash can. Why would you? Haven't you been enjoying your flight sim experiences?

I regularly spend $50-100 on a nice meal out with the wife or wife and kids. I don't think of that as going into the trash can (or some other less savory receptacle). Think of the hours and hours you've spent enjoying your highly enhanced flight sim, and amortize that time into the cost and I'll bet you've spent less, per hour, than I spend eating out. And certainly less per hour than I spend actually flying!!
+1

Almost everything I have spent on fs9, fsx, and P3D has given me great enjoyment.