PDA

View Full Version : Ant's T-28A Trojan - No custom sounds

Bjoern
May 14th, 2017, 10:08
Somehow, the custom sounds (switches, starter, etc...) in Ant's T-28A Trojan refuse to work.
It's been a while since I last flew this bird, but as far as I remember, the sounds did work just fine.

Sounds using the default sound system (canopy, engine, etc...) and other airplanes using custom sounds (via Doug's XML sound gauge) are not affected, so this is definitely limited to the T-28.

Things I've tried:

- Playing with the options in Ant's airplane manager, i.e. toggling everything on and off and wiggling the sliders around, then saving the settings
- (Re)Installing the DX9c runtimes, as specified in the manual
- Checking the file integrity of the T-28 (everything's where it's supposed to be)
- Changing the sound quality of my standard output device to 16bit, 48 kHz

Setup:
- FSXSE DX10 (no problems with that one before)
- Windows 10 (updated, post Creator's)

I'm out of ideas here.
Can anyone with a similar setup confirm that their custom sounds still work?

Roger
May 14th, 2017, 12:26
Is everything as it should be in the sounds tab?

"Sounds Tab
Allows the user to adjust the custom sounds. Three sliders are available for adjusting the volume of
Switches, Engine Noises and Open Canopy Wind Noise. A tick box turns on or off all custom
sounds.
Engine Noises are the engine starter sounds. Normal engine sounds are controlled via the FSX
sound system.
Open Canopy Wind Noise is the sound of wind when the canopy is open while in flight.
Switches are the various knobs, buttons and switches noises within the cockpit.
Note that the FSX sounds menu should be used to change the usual FSX sounds. It is
recommended that you set the FSX sounds to your usual settings and then you can balance the
T-28D sounds.
These settings are saved as part of your preferences when you click on SAVE on the Animations
Tab."

Bjoern
May 14th, 2017, 14:40
Is everything as it should be in the sounds tab?

Yep, it is.